Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Who should I go see tonight ?

  1. #1
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,599

    Default Who should I go see tonight ?

    http://www.musicfestnw.com/schedule_20070908.html

    Caught Roky Erickson and Viva Voce on Thurs and Rilo Kiley last night. All were excellent.

    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

  2. #2
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Who should I go see tonight ?

    Okkervil River, Ghostface, The Deerhunter, Clipse, The Helio Sequence.

  3. #3
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: Who should I go see tonight ?

    jackie-o motherfucker & Sexy Pants
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,281

    Default Re: Who should I go see tonight ?

    Sub Pop Presents:
    8:15pm Ferraby Lionheart
    9:00 pm The Brunettes
    10:00 pm Eugene Mirman
    11:00 pm Helio Sequence
    12:00 am The Thermals

    or

    8:00 pm Dirty Mittens
    9:00 pm White Rainbow
    10:00 pm Yacht
    11:00 pm Dirty Projectors

    or

    1:00 am Deerhunter
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  5. #5
    old school breakjaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,684

    Default Re: Who should I go see tonight ?

    I'd start at Ghostface,move on to Girl Talk and close out my night with Okkervil River and call that a pretty good evening out.
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

  6. #6
    Coachella Junkie bballarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,937

    Default Re: Who should I go see tonight ?

    Listen to Breakjaw.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Who should I go see tonight ?

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Okkervil River, Ghostface, The Deerhunter, Clipse, The Helio Sequence.
    It's just Deerhunter.

  8. #8
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,599

    Default Re: Who should I go see tonight ?

    I think I'll just go see Helio Sequence and The Thermals. Okkervil River didn't impress me too much, at least with the stuff on their website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

  9. #9
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Who should I go see tonight ?

    Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    It's just Deerhunter.
    Is it really time to get into minor details like this? This is like how The Arcade Fire is really just Arcade Fire.

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,496

    Default Re: Who should I go see tonight ?

    The Iraq
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  11. #11
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: Who should I go see tonight ?

    The Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  12. #12
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,281

    Default Re: Who should I go see tonight ?

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Is it really time to get into minor details like this? This is like how The Arcade Fire is really just Arcade Fire.
    there's a huge difference because there's another band called The Deer Hunter and they blow.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  13. #13
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Who should I go see tonight ?

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Is it really time to get into minor details like this? This is like how The Arcade Fire is really just Arcade Fire.
    Wait a minute, they're not just Arcade Fire. At least Wil says every time I've seen them, "Hello, we're The Arcade Fire." Unless this is some kind of shitty joke. YO! DELTA! YOU CAN ACTUALLY BE USEFUL FOR ONCE!
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  14. #14
    Dark Lord mountmccabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Mission
    Posts
    11,975

    Default Re: Who should I go see tonight ?

    I would see the Thermals over the Okkervil River.

    There. I said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

  15. #15
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,599

    Default Re: Who should I go see tonight ?

    Helio Sequence were plagued with shitty cables and The Thermals rocked. The fact that their bass player is very cute was an added bonus. I have a thing for hot female bassists. Yum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

  16. #16
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: Who should I go see tonight ?

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Wait a minute, they're not just Arcade Fire. At least Wil says every time I've seen them, "Hello, we're The Arcade Fire." Unless this is some kind of shitty joke. YO! DELTA! YOU CAN ACTUALLY BE USEFUL FOR ONCE!
    They're happy with either name, and have used both, although Win reckons that "The Arcade Fire" sounds more like a reference to the actual event that they're named after, rather than the band themselves.

Similar Threads

  1. So, I went to see Gwen tonight...
    By JustSteve in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 04:57 PM
  2. Anyone want to see Wilco tonight?
    By whynotsmile99 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 04:56 PM
  3. m.i.a. tickets for tonight (7/30)
    By brokenDREAMS in forum Passes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 10:06 AM
  4. Graduated Tonight!
    By PassiveTheory in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 11:25 PM
  5. Shins on SNL tonight
    By Lounge Fly in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-04-2007, 09:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •