Thread: It's my Monday

Hybrid View

Thumbs up It's my Monday

ngh Today's my Monday, I really don't want to go in. I am thinking about working today to get my paid holiday for labor day (have to work day of and before/after), and calling in Sat-Sun-Mon. Hey I should be leaving in Oct, and I can't take my sick time with me...lol
    "my ovaries are bigger than your testicles"

"Procrastination is like masturbation...It feels good until you realize you're screwing yourself"

Default Re: It's my Monday

Take what you can get.

looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GTI_GRL View Post
    ngh Today's my Monday, I really don't want to go in. I am thinking about working today to get my paid holiday for labor day (have to work day of and before/after), and calling in Sat-Sun-Mon. Hey I should be leaving in Oct, and I can't take my sick time with me...lol
    its kind of cool here at my work .. i can save up to 240 hrs vacation and no limit on sick time ... then when i leave, we get paid one for one on vacation, and one half for sick time ... i will get something like 15k when i leave her just for those two things cr****

cr****, it sounds like you don't take any sick time, yet you seem to be all over the god darned place seein' shows. I don't get it. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    cr****, it sounds like you don't take any sick time, yet you seem to be all over the god darned place seein' shows. I don't get it. What am I doing wrong?
    while i was thinking about it, i looked up my sick hours .... 640 yikes ..... i dont get sick ... the only time i am ever out is for a major sick thing like an operation ... its weird, i dont have headaches, i dont get hangovers (even after a long night where i might comsume a qt of teq ... i know it will kill me eventially though) ..i did get the bonnaroo crud though ... grrrrrr.. i also only work four days a week, so on any given week, i could fly out to the bay, see a show, and not miss any work ... all in all, i cant complain ... cr****

What’s also cool is: every January we can “sell back” our sick time one for one, any over 480hrs anyway … that way at least until I leave, I get full pay for the full day … each January I use that check to pay for my time share, and sometimes anyway, Coachella …. And it makes me come in, even when I don’t want too … maybe you guys have such a fun packed life this is not the case, but for me, is it worth staying home just to goof off and call in sick if it is going to cost me about $250 … very very rarely … cr****
    Last edited by canexplain; 09-07-2007 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    while i was thinking about it, i looked up my sick hours .... 640 yikes ..... i dont get sick ... the only time i am ever out is for a major sick thing like an operation ...

haha, if only in my case! i just had sinus surgery on wednesday, probably my 13th time in the last 13 years. they also showed me a couple numbers on my id card at the hospital, the number was 35. that is how many times i have been in the hospital since turning 19, i am now 29. i am very lucky to have a very supportive family, the ~$700 a month i get in disability is a joke, especially now that i have a 19 month old daughter, but i'll take what i can get my girlfriend is a realtor here in newport beach, too, so as long as she sells a couple houses a year we will be doing just fine.