Thread: The Avalanches

Default The Avalanches

I guess we've given up hope that the Avalanches could make it on the bill this year. I, for one, would love it if somehow they were added.

They recently put up some new mixes on their website and have hinted that the new album should be dropping soon.

Here's to hoping. www.theavalanches.com

vinylmartyr

Default Re: The Avalanches

This is another band people want every year.

Yes, I know and every year it's a disppointment that they're not there. I'll keep asking until they are though.

This seems like the year they need to be in the lineup. The new stuff sounds great.

There was speculation about them last year when they confirmed to play SXSW. But I haven't heard absolutely squat about them since that thread that year.

I haven't even heard anything about that show they supposedly played in Austin. Google turns up empty handed. Anybody know if they even showed up?

Since I Left You is seriously ahead of its time and on my top ten of all time.

Lurker

These dudes have played every major (and minor) festival in Australia for the past 2 years......

As dj's. They're doing dj sets until they finish the new album. It's quite possibly Chinese Democracy on a very small scale

Yes...

'twould be nice.
    Music Is Crap.

Chinese Democracy...I don't look for that to be released in my lifetime...Hell, the ****** will probably reform before that album is released...

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miseducation View Post
    I haven't even heard anything about that show they supposedly played in Austin. Google turns up empty handed. Anybody know if they even showed up?
    that was a bogus confirmation. their name showed up on the official list of bands, but they were never confirmed to play. their name soon disappeared from the list, and they posted on their official website that it was a mistake. it was the first update to their site in years.

Quote Originally Posted by miseducation View Post
    Since I Left You is seriously ahead of its time and on my top ten of all time.
    \

personally I don't like their album that much. all I listen to of theirs are bootlegs of their live dj sets, which I think are far superior.

I find 'Gimix' to have the edge on 'Since I Left You'...more of the 'uncleared' samples from the likes of Bob Dylan, De La Soul, Daft Punk and Cyndi Lauper.

...specialize El Producto experiment.....

El Producto is awesome. What was Gimix?