Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blur Reunion...

Default Blur Reunion...

...is a distinct possibility, with the four original members meeting up in London during the first week of October in the studio to "see what happens".

There was an interview with Dave in one of the London papers today. Hopefully it will be a successful meeting.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Default Re: Blur Reunion...

Yay, but does just an album come out of it? Or everything if it all works out?

BLURRRRR. thatd be so sick
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

He said they have no plans, i think they first have to see if they can stand being in the same room together. Maybe Alex has got bored of making organic cheese.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/cheesediaries/
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I never knew Blur even broke up? I just thought they were on a break...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

They were just on hiatus. But they weren't much like Blur without Coxon. Hot damn, all my favorite bands are reuniting. Ride next please (though pretty much impossible with Andy being in Oasis).

ah yes. The other Andy Bell (Erasure has one too).
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Don't Erasure still play shows?

I think an album is going to come out of it. I thought I read from Alex that they were meeting up in October to actually start recording. Weren't they meeting up during the summer a little (minus Albarn)?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    Don't Erasure still play shows?
    Yes they still tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I think an album is going to come out of it. I thought I read from Alex that they were meeting up in October to actually start recording. Weren't they meeting up during the summer a little (minus Albarn)?
    Last I read they were just waiting for Coxon and Albarn to patch things up.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

blur never split up. they have always spoken of doing another album. they just never made definite plans. although I remember when they were last on tour, damon was quoted as saying he wanted to record the next blur album in baghdad.

unfortunately when a band is inactive for five minutes, some of the press, being the whores they are, uses the term 'split up'. (I'm looking at you NME).

a lack of plans to do another album is different to making plans to never do another album.

ALSO I recall reading at the beginning of the year that the three of them went into the studio together. I guess not much came out of it. talk of graham rejoining has begun recently though, which is bound to stir up some shit.

Yes, but the point is they haven't been the same since Coxon left, and that they have been on hiatus while Albarn has done all the stuff for Gorillaz and TGTBTQ.

Yes, but the point is they haven't been the same since Coxon left, and that they have been on hiatus while Albarn has done all the stuff for Gorillaz and TGTBTQ.
    but their last album was Think Tank, wasn't it? Really good album
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    blur never split up. they have always spoken of doing another album. they just never made definite plans. although I remember when they were last on tour, damon was quoted as saying he wanted to record the next blur album in baghdad.

unfortunately when a band is inactive for five minutes, some of the press, being the whores they are, uses the term 'split up'. (I'm looking at you NME).

a lack of plans to do another album is different to making plans to never do another album.
    I'd say that Blur was split up because Blur has to include Graham Coxon. Without him, it's just another Damon Albarn project... Despite that I like all his projects. He's just a whole lot better with Graham by his side.

Also, the best way to get information on all of this is through Alex's posts and news bits. He himself wasn't sure if another Blur album would ever come out. All he said was that they were going to all get together and see if they still had it. More recently I believe I read that he said they were going to start recording already this October with all four of them. Now it seems like its still up for question though.

Personally, I don't think this reunion is far from reach. Damon Albarn usually had great things to say about Graham Coxon, even after he had left. To me it seems like the decision rests upon Coxon. I believe Albarn once even said that its useless to continue Blur without him, and I think that Albarn wants to do something with Blur. That guy always wants to do something.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

they have been on hiatus while Albarn has done all the stuff for Gorillaz and TGTBTQ.
    yeah but people said the same things about blur during the first round of gorillaz. then they did another blur album everyone said gorillaz were no more. then he did another gorillaz album.

but we seem to have goldfish memories.

yeah but people said the same things about blur during the first round of gorillaz. then they did another blur album everyone said gorillaz were no more. then he did another gorillaz album.

but we seem to have goldfish memories.
    Nobody really ever said that Blur was no more. They've always been on hiatus and have always had music made but not recorded. They said that they would only release it with Coxon, which is why people might have said that they were split up because it never seemed like Coxon would go back.

Sweet. Yeah, it should be Graham Coxon rejoining Blur. GC left Blur. Blur never split up since there's Blur after Graham Coxon (Think Tank). My fantasy festival has this GC+Blur reunion. It's happening! Next up Fugazi then next year some festivals will have Radiohead, Underworld, Blur etc. playing in the same day heh heh

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Nobody really ever said that Blur was no more.
    lots of people have said that. nobody from blur ever said that. nobody with any authority ever said that. (f*ck you nme). but people have said that. they said it during the first phase of gorillaz, and again since the second phase of gorillaz came around. it's never been true. but people have said it.

Shake alongggggggg with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'd watch blur if they played
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

You're shallow. Only shallow.

all true, but he was speaking of Blur sans Coxon.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

You know honestly Blur's 2003 show at Coachella was a little disappointing..along with a few British bands that played that year (Primal Scream). We found out later that Damon had eaten some Mexican food that gave him the "runs" which is why he seemed a bit out of it. Still I hope if they do come back to put a much better show...
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Yes they still tour.
    And they're actually still pretty good. Saw them in 2005 in SLC. Andy looks about 103 though.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    You know honestly Blur's 2003 show at Coachella was a little disappointing..along with a few British bands that played that year (Primal Scream). We found out later that Damon had eaten some Mexican food that gave him the "runs" which is why he seemed a bit out of it. Still I hope if they do come back to put a much better show...
    are you kidding? Blur were my favorite performance that year. maybe it was the drugs, but I was blown away by it.

According to Wikipedia...

, founding member Graham Coxon left the band early in recording sessions for Think Tank, the band's seventh and latest album. Blur continued in his absence, seeing both the album and a tour through. After the end of their 2003 tour, the band were unofficially on hiatus, as bandmembers were working on solo projects. In May 2007, it was announced that Blur will be returning to the studio in September with Graham Coxon, to attempt recording once more.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

are you kidding? Blur were my favorite performance that year. maybe it was the drugs, but I was blown away by it.
    I thought they seemed like they didn't want to be there. Plus, they had to follow the Hives which blew everyone away that day....Couple of good songs and that was it. Too bad I have never done drugs....

I heard Graham and Damon had lunch a couple of weeks ago. Maybe something positive will come out of it.