Thread: It's Raining Ohio Congressmen

Default It's Raining Ohio Congressmen

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Ohio Rep. Paul Gillmor was found dead in his apartment Wednesday, a Republican leadership aide said.

Rep. Paul Gillmor was first elected to Congress in 1988.

The aide said the body of the 68-year-old Republican was found by staff members who went to his apartment after he failed to show up for work. There was no immediate word on the cause of his death. Gillmor's office did not respond to a reporter's call.

Gillmor, who represented Ohio's 5th District in the Bowling Green area of the state, was first elected to Congress in 1988.

The aide spoke on condition of anonymity pending an official announcement.

Gillmor, who served as a judge advocate in the Air Force after graduating law school, won a seat in the Ohio state senate in 1966, and served there for 22 years, rising to the senate presidency. After an unsuccessful run for governor in 1986, Gillmor was elected to the U.S. House in 1988 after eking out a 27-vote victory in the primary.

As a House member was a little-known but solid Republican vote, and a reliable conservative on social issues.

He led legislative efforts in such areas as cleanups of commercially contaminated sites known as brownfields and enacting financial service reforms. He was also a strong advocate of a constitutional amendment to ban unfunded mandates on the states.

Default Re: It's Raining Ohio Congressmen

Quote Originally Posted by downingthief View Post
    He led legislative efforts in such areas as cleanups of commercially contaminated sites known as brownfields and enacting financial service reforms. He was also a strong advocate of a constitutional amendment to ban unfunded mandates on the states.
    Not bad for a Republican.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

boy i am getting to be an ass sometimes ... another republican .... who cares ...cr****

Coachella Junkie

I hear he choked on a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    Not bad for a Republican.
    I was thinking that too.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths