Thread: Pet Sounds

Default Pet Sounds

whos going to the brian wilson presents pet sounds in long beach tomorrow?
    im hoping its not a dissapointing show.
    i was watching some vids on youtube and his voice isnt that great anymore.

Default Re: Pet Sounds

I saw him do the pet sounds thing at Royce Hall. It was pretty good, but he still has some stage fright issues. Also, yeah, his voice isn't as hot as it used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

well that's one of those things (the voice) that happens when you age. And Mr. Wilson has done a little more aging in the way that he has lived than the regular human. i like to consider it a blessing he is alive and out there sharing his genius.

i went to the "Smile" show at the Hollywood Bowl in 2005 and i thougt it was one of the best sounding shows i ever heard. His band is excellent and the songs are too good; and celebrating them live was a total joy. i hope the "Pet Sounds" show has a similar play list. For the Bowl show. The first half was Beach Boys' classics, and after the intermission, Smile. i'm pretty sure everyone in the LB Terrace Theater is going to be most happy.

Last edited by ivankay; 01-27-2007 at 10:16 AM.

I saw Brian and his band on the Pet Sounds tour in November last year. Yes, of course his voice isn't the same as when he was in his early twenties, but come on....he can still do it.

He's had such a messed up life, and you have to remember that Mike Love sang on most of their records, so hi voice will sound different. I'd love them to play Coachella though. That would be truly awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekeEouG97WQ here's a video i took of him performing the best song ever written.

that video was great! 5 stars!

i too would love for GV to convince Mr. Wilson to do the Pet Sounds or Smile or any songs at Coachella. Many people would get turned on to something great that they would have for the rest of their lives.

I'm seeing him in Oakland tomorrow. Smile was such a joy to watch...you can tell it really makes him feel good to hear the applause and see the joy that it brings to people. He deserves it. Pet Sounds is going to be amazing.

And yes, his voice isn't pristine anymore, but it really does not hinder the enjoyment of the songs. His band is incredible and he can still do it too.

I wasn't paying attention, and missed out on this concert in Long Beach,
    but saw him perform "Smile" at Disney Concert Hall, and "Pet Sounds"
    at the Santa Barbara Bowl.
    I would be so thrilled for him to be added to the legends of Coachella.
    There is something so touching in his presence, and even the quality of his voice now.

Smile Re: Pet Sounds

wow that concert was great.
    all the bells and whistles from the cd.
    even the train sound effect at the end!!
    FANTASTIC

wish i could have been there.

I was there last night and I thought it was amazing. Brian Wilson is a genius, and he wrote some of the greatest music ever made. I don't see how one of his shows could ever be bad. I also saw him at the Disney Hall last time he played there and that was great. Although I do have to say that he still seems like hes a little crazy.

Oh, and the shirts they were sellin were awesome!