Thread: I missed bug's 2000th post spektakula because I was at the Edinburgh festival!

Default I missed bug's 2000th post spektakula because I was at the Edinburgh festival!

I am sorry bug!!! Me and a couple of friends decided to head up to Edinburgh to check out the fest, out of the blue. We were there for 72 hours and barely slept. It was awesome, but it meant I missed your spektakula! Let me make it up to you...

The festival was awesome. The whole city was like one big party, with spontaneous events and shows in the street going on 24/7:

Also, look, here is the street from the opening scene of Trainspotting! Ewan Mcgregor runs along the street from the left but then a car pulls out in front of him from that cobbled street and he lands on the hood and laughs and then the cops grab him:

The whisky there was excellent:

And Edinburgh itself is really beautiful:

I have no idea what this sign says:

I also ate haggis while I was there, and when I got drunk I decided to try the infamous Scottish delicacy of fried Mars bars:

My digestive system has still not recovered.

Anyway, I am back home now, and back on the board, as you can see:

Sorry I missed it bug! Congrats!!
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

Default Re: I missed bug's 2000th post spektakula because I was at the Edinburgh festival!

that was awesome. how was haggis?

Default Re: I missed bug's 2000th post spektakula because I was at the Edinburgh festival!

wow, this made me miss edinburgh so much! i think its my favorite city. looks like you had nice weather, it was raining nonstop when i went in june. i may have to go to this festival next year.

Stefan rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    Stefan rules.
    Seconded.

wow ..... ron ****

Those pictures rule.

I think that sign says "We started doing a bunch of work but then we said 'fuck it' and started dancing".
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

hmm what bands did they have playing this year. they usually get some good gigs.

ron ****
    I feel confused.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    hmm what bands did they have playing this year. they usually get some good gigs.
    Here's part of the lineup:

Razorlight and Editors were playing while I was there, but I have seen both of those bands too many times, and I can see them in London, so there was no point. Turbonegro were also playing in some bar, but f#ck that.

Haggis was.... edible. Imagine salty low quality minced meat cooked with offal and a lot of blood, and then fried. That's haggis.

I definitely enjoyed the fest though; I'm gonna try to go for longer next year.
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

Who on the bill did you see?
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Who on the bill did you see?
    Nobody. I can see bands in London any time I want so it seemed silly to go all the way to Edinburgh and go to a concert. Instead I went to see a few fringe plays, and to some comedy shows, and just wandered around the city and saw the sights. I did end up seeing some Scottish bands in a bar at about 3am but I can't remember what they were called.

Weird how in the UK, pretty much everybody is bigger than NIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Was Cabaret Voltaire playing or is that the name of some club or stage or something?
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Was Cabaret Voltaire playing or is that the name of some club or stage or something?
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniehoo View Post
    I feel confused.
    so how come you are confused Jenniehoo ... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    It's not the band Cabaret Voltaire its a venue
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    You'd be surprised just how quickly the edge of your own sanity comes into view.

Did you see James? Bastards, Carbaret Voltaire would be a plus at Coachella.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I wasn't there. I think the Bastards were supporting the C*nts with special guests The Young F*ckers at another town that weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    You'd be surprised just how quickly the edge of your own sanity comes into view.

i still don't get why Razorlight is so big in the UK
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    yea, i saw them at coachella (05?) and they were just ok i thought ... not bad and it was an early show if i remember ... the UK for sure has different bands that are huge there (A Monkeys, Muse) and just so so here ... always interesting to see the difference ... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    They may be big in the UK, but they are still shit in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

that bill's not as strong as I've seen in previous years.

and who the heck would put NIN opening for the Foo Fighters?

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

Thanks Stef for the pictures. I lived in Edinburgh for 12 years, and, as much as I love living here now, god I miss Edinburgh tonight...
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

i lived there too, for just one year... right up the street from one of those pictures actually. :-)

I love James. How are they live?