Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer SOS!

Default Re: Computer SOS!

its starting to piss me off.
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

wang, where are you?
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....

So I need notes for one of my classes, but my prof posted them as Power Point 2007 documents. My prof told me if I download a power point 2007 patch from the microsoft site, I should be able to read them. Well, I went to te microsoft site and can find no patches. Am I blind? If I am, please show me where to get it. If there are none on the site, then where can I find one? I need these notes. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskers View Post
    So I need notes for one of my classes, but my prof posted them as Power Point 2007 documents. My prof told me if I download a power point 2007 patch from the microsoft site, I should be able to read them. Well, I went to te microsoft site and can find no patches. Am I blind? If I am, please show me where to get it. If there are none on the site, then where can I find one? I need these notes. Thanks.
    I don't know how to deal with those patches, but I believe that you can upload powerpoint files to Google Documents and see them online.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Thanks for the suggestion Alchemy. I had never heard of Google Docs before. Unfortunately, this is a .pptx file and google docs can't read those. Thanks anyways though.

Anyone else?

Yeah google docs should work, or this http://tinyurl.com/yyzosw

Thank you Erik! I am downloading now.

It works! Thanks a ton.

Hey so how do you all back up your data? What's the best way to set your computer to backup automatically without actually having to sit down and plug anything in or click any buttons?

I didn't care about this before, but now that I'm using my MacBook Pro to freelance for newspapers and magazines and actually getting paid for it, it's somewhat important that I don't lose my files. I am thinking Mac's Time Capsule just because it seems easy, but it's also way expensive. Are there better alternatives?

kick it!!

sorry, resetting is all i got for ya. always worked for me, never had to deal with anything like that.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

the problem might be that you're peeing all over the place.

my high made it delayed, but i seriously laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    So check this out. Last night the internet wasnt working and while I was troubleshooting it I unplugged both the router and the modem together. Then I accidentally plugged the modem power cord into the router and fried it. This morning I go to get a new router. A new Linksys (even though I hate Linksys) since I was trying to fix it ASAP and Worst Buy wasn't open yet I had to go to Walmart.

I set everything up and when it asked me for the username/password for the PPPoE connection I didnt have it. So I put in some jibberish knowing I could go into the router and change it later. I just wanted to get through the install asap. Well, after I put the rubbish in, it fucked everything up with the installation "wizard".

Now, when I plug my Ubuntu laptop into the modem directly I get an internet connection. But, if I use the exact same cable and plug it into the Windows machine the network connection displays (little-no connectivity) and the lights in back are orange and red. Seriously. What the fuck.

But, if I connect the windows machine and the ubuntu machine they connect to the router fine and I can peeng everyone fine. The problem is getting through the hurdle of getting the router to talk to the modem.

I did get two password possibilities from my dad on what they are. No combination has worked.

I've already tried deleting the routers "installation wizard". I've done a system restore to last week. I've already tried to reset the router both physically and via software.

I'm still getting the connectivity error on the windows machine and the Ubunutu computer does fine connected directly to the modem.

Seriously. What. The. Fuck.
    Yeah, this is something you have to do when you hook up a new router to a modem.

A cable modem binds the signal to whatever device it is hooked up to first. Computers have a way of resolving when hooked into a modem, but most routers won't do this naturally without the use of certain softwares. Any network device has a number assigned to it called a MAC address. When you hook your laptop directly to the modem it resolves the MAC address to bind the modem's connect, but when you hook your router in your modem is still looking for the computer's MAC address or it won't connect.

1. Hook your modem up to your laptop until you get a connection.
    2. Unplug the ethernet cord from the back of the modem and plug your laptop directly into your router. Go to the config page by typing 192.168.1.1 into the url bar in your browser.
    3. Log into the router and find the button to "Clone MAC address." This will clone the router MAC to whatever your laptop's is.
    4. hook router back into modem and laptop into router.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

oh. I had to do that recently but didn't understand what was going on. that makes sense. why does the cable modem bind itself to the first MAC address like that?

... I told you exactly what to do. You don't need to read any more.

Your modem is not bound to the MAC address of the old router. You know this because when you hook your laptop into it it translates and you get internet. Like I said, a device like a computer will tell the modem to resolve to this new MAC address. Then you clone the MAC on the router to the MAC on the last device you hooked into it that got internet.

You probably don't need to configure PPPoE on the router because the modem is already providing the PPPoE authentication. Probably, but not definitely.

Just do what I say.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Then you didn't do it right.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

What's the IP of the modem and what IP do you have the router set to?
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

is there any reason for me to keep internet explorer if i have firefox, or am i good to go with deleting it?

Some pages, including windows update, won't work with firefox. Plus you can't really uninstall it easily. Just switch Firefox to your default browser and don't worry about it.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

gotcha...i'm just trying to delete some programs and change the start-up menu to make my computer faster. sometimes the internet pages lag.

Download HijackThis, Run it to save a logfile, post it here. I'll tell you what to take out.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

cool...thanks man.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 3:14:22 PM, on 3/21/2009
    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18372)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\avp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB\Binn\sqlservr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Event Service\VESMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment\VzRs\VzRs.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Power Management\SPMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony\ISB Utility\ISBMgr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update 2\VAIOUpdt.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Zone Remote Commander\AvRmtCtr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Western Digital Technologies\WD Win98 SE USB Disk Driver, v1.00.09\WD_SRT.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\avp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    c:\program files\common files\installshield\updateservice\isuspm.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\agent.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.myspace.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/...ch/search.html
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
    R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: BitComet ClickCapture - {39F7E362-828A-4B5A-BCAF-5B79BFDFEA60} - C:\Program Files\BitComet\tools\BitCometBHO_1.2.8.7.dll
    O2 - BHO: IEVkbdBHO - {59273AB4-E7D3-40F9-A1A8-6FA9CCA1862C} - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\ievkbd.dll
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: SingleInstance Class - {FDAD4DA1-61A2-4FD8-9C17-86F7AC245081} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\YTSingl eInstance.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mouse Suite 98 Daemon] ICO.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AzMixerSel] C:\Program Files\Realtek\InstallShield\AzMixerSel.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIO Recovery] C:\WINDOWS\Sonysys\VAIO Recovery\PartSeal.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SonyPowerCfg] C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Power Management\SPMgr.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISBMgr.exe] C:\Program Files\Sony\ISB Utility\ISBMgr.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIO Update 2] "C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update 2\VAIOUpdt.exe" /Stationary
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VZRemoteCommander] C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Zone Remote Commander\AvRmtCtr.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PartSeal] C:\WINDOWS\Sonysys\VAIO Recovery\PartSeal.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WD_SRT] "C:\Program Files\Western Digital Technologies\WD Win98 SE USB Disk Driver, v1.00.09\WD_SRT.EXE"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\avp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-Watch] C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\isuspm.exe -startup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe " -t
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &D&ownload &with BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddLink.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &D&ownload all video with BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddVideo.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &D&ownload all with BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddAllLink.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Banner Ad Blocker - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\ie_banner_deny.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Web traffic protection statistics - {1F460357-8A94-4D71-9CA3-AA4ACF32ED8E} - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\SCIEPlgn.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: BitComet - {D18A0B52-D63C-4ed0-AFC6-C1E3DC1AF43A} - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\tools\BitCometBHO_1.2.8.7.dll/206 (file missing)
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
    O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1006.cab
    O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w2/resources/MSNPUpld.cab
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/ge...sh/swflash.cab
    O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~1\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\mzvkbd.dll,C:\PROGRA ~1\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\mzvkbd3.dll,C:\PROGRA~1\KASPE R~1\KASPER~1\adialhk.dll,C:\PROGRA~1\KASPER~1\KASP ER~1\kloehk.dll
    O23 - Service: Kaspersky Internet Security (AVP) - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\avp.exe
    O23 - Service: EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
    O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\MSCSPTISRV.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
    O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
    O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
    O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
    O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

--
    End of file - 10551 bytes

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    cool...thanks man.

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/...ch/search.html
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
    R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: BitComet ClickCapture - {39F7E362-828A-4B5A-BCAF-5B79BFDFEA60} - C:\Program Files\BitComet\tools\BitCometBHO_1.2.8.7.dll
    O2 - BHO: IEVkbdBHO - {59273AB4-E7D3-40F9-A1A8-6FA9CCA1862C} - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\ievkbd.dll
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: SingleInstance Class - {FDAD4DA1-61A2-4FD8-9C17-86F7AC245081} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\YTSingl eInstance.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mouse Suite 98 Daemon] ICO.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIO Recovery] C:\WINDOWS\Sonysys\VAIO Recovery\PartSeal.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SonyPowerCfg] C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Power Management\SPMgr.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISBMgr.exe] C:\Program Files\Sony\ISB Utility\ISBMgr.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIO Update 2] "C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update 2\VAIOUpdt.exe" /Stationary
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VZRemoteCommander] C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Zone Remote Commander\AvRmtCtr.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PartSeal] C:\WINDOWS\Sonysys\VAIO Recovery\PartSeal.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WD_SRT] "C:\Program Files\Western Digital Technologies\WD Win98 SE USB Disk Driver, v1.00.09\WD_SRT.EXE"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\avp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-Watch] C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\isuspm.exe -startup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe " -t
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &D&ownload &with BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddLink.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &D&ownload all video with BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddVideo.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &D&ownload all with BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddAllLink.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Banner Ad Blocker - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\ie_banner_deny.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Web traffic protection statistics - {1F460357-8A94-4D71-9CA3-AA4ACF32ED8E} - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\SCIEPlgn.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: BitComet - {D18A0B52-D63C-4ed0-AFC6-C1E3DC1AF43A} - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\tools\BitCometBHO_1.2.8.7.dll/206 (file missing)
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
    O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1006.cab
    O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w2/resources/MSNPUpld.cab
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/ge...sh/swflash.cab
    O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~1\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\mzvkbd.dll,C:\PROGRA ~1\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\mzvkbd3.dll,C:\PROGRA~1\KASPE R~1\KASPER~1\adialhk.dll,C:\PROGRA~1\KASPER~1\KASP ER~1\kloehk.dll
    O23 - Service: Kaspersky Internet Security (AVP) - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\avp.exe
    O23 - Service: EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
    O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\MSCSPTISRV.exe

O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe

O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
    O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
    O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

--
    End of file - 10551 bytes
    Check and delete all of those. Also uninstall both Kapersky and whatever's left of Symantec and install Avast Free Home edition.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

k...i'll do that checking first. i got a free cd of kaspersky from a friend that works at best buy and heard it works well. avast is that much better?

also, i took your advice from this thread earlier and downloaded ccleaner and ad-aware last night.

Kaspersky is a resource hog pain in the ass.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

also, what are those that are underlined?

Unnecessary plugin objects.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

alright...i've deleted those underlined things, deleted the rest of symantec and installing avast right now. any other advice to boost the speed? or delete anything else?

... I told you exactly what to do. You don't need to read any more.
    FWIW,
    I'm impressed.