Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer SOS!

Default Re: Computer SOS!

just do WHOIS searches, all those domains are taken

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    just do WHOIS searches, all those domains are taken
    tnx i forgot i had that link at work .... well most everything is taken, the rats ... i can get theonlineband.com for 10 bucks a year ... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Aahahahaa I just remembered why p[b]ooo/b] is banned...
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

problem solved. while trying to find out what the heck ****ing is, i found out that i could try disabling my inactive wireless connection.
    thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

So to make a long story short, I need to quickly get rid of some programs because I needeed space on my computer. I deleted quicktime and a javascript program, thinking I could redownload them after I fixed my problem. Well... thats not really working.

Here is what is happening.

When I go to download itunes... it says I have a certificate error. I go check out the "help" section of my computer. It is no help. No matter what I turn on or off, this warning won't go away... so I ignore it and tell it to display content of the next page anyways.

As you can see, there is STILL a certificate error and the content of this page is not being displayed properly. The red "X" which reads "download now" won't click, and neither will the red X below it. However, the bottom red X will, so I click it...

Then THIS pops up. It says I can download it... but when I do, nothing happens. Usually when I download iTunes, there is a little brown box with the iTunes symbol in it for the setup icon. Now its just a blank white square... what I circled in red. Now, when I try to download ANYTHING from the internet, this white square is there and nothing can be downloaded.

I have no idea what on earth is going on. Any help will be extremely usefull.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Are you clicking "save" first when you that box pops up to download iTunes? Try a different browser (firefox, opera)?

speaking of computers... I'm trying to recycle/donate my old tower and I'm getting turned around in circles on the interwebz... anyone done it in the LA area?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

Yes, I have been clicking "save". Should I try "run"? I dont have any other browsers... I am going to attempt to download firefox right now.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Try run and see what happens, also you probably shouldnt have deleted the Jaja program. And, why dont you burn stuff like music off your computer to make space instead of deleting programs?

So I just tried it in firefox...

No such luck.

Is your computer's clock set properly? The certificate should be valid...
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    It was NOT over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '11!

Good point... I opened it up and it said April 28 2008. How do I change that?

just change it to current date and click apply.

You should set your computer's clock to sync with an internet time server anyway. I don't use Windows so I can't tell you how to do this off hand but it's in the time settings somewhere.

This may help:

http://www.labnol.org/software/tutor...et-clock/1655/
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '11!

I changed it and I am downloading it right now... hopefully it works. Thanks guys.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I wonder how that happened.

Ok... another question. iTunes is installed... yeah!

I got an external harddrive for Christmas because my music filled up my computer. I just copied all my music to my external harddive, but I decided to test it before deleting it. I deleted a file of music to see if those songs would appear on my iTunes when my external harddrive was plugged. Those songs show up on itunes... but they wont play because they say "the original file could not be found." I don't know if this question is to broad... but how do I get my itunes to read songs from my external harddrive?

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

You're going to have to re-add the folder on the external drive to the iTunes library. Doing this without ending up with doubles of every song is kinda a pain in the ass I've had to sort out for clients a couple of times. Search Apple's knowledge base for how to delete and remake your iTunes library. You have to go through some hidden folders, don't remember it off the top of my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Yeah... I kind of figured I was going to have to re-add all my music. The duplicates are already a pain in the ass. Im gonna search the apple site now. Thanks.

Firefox - or something else - is always clearing my cookies whenever I shut it down. This is rather annoying, having to log into everything every time. I click the "remember my password" box but my browser does not remember anything.

This is a new problem, it started maybe four or five days ago.

I did download updates for Spybot around then and I also got the new iTunes.

I rarely use iTunes (I do not listen to music via iTunes and do most of my managing of my iPod with WinAmp) but despite the fact that I fear Apple and their ways I do not think they are this aggressive.

I went through all the settings for Spybot and did not find anywhere that it was automatically clearing my private data.

So: how do I get my Firefox to go back to saving cookies? When I open my browser I want it to go to my iGoogle page, not a generic one with a login screen.

Also: Is Spybot evil now? Is it useless and I should get rid of it?

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Spybot's fine. There's an choice in the Firefox options for saving your private data. Just reloaded my whole machine so I don't have it installed at the moment, but I'm sure you can find it. Edit, Preferences maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Get into the firefox prefs, go to the Privacy tab and hit Settings under the Private Data section. You can set what it clears automatically.
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '11!

Thank you for your responses, RSW and coldstart.

Randy, I do not want Firefox to manage my passwords. I do not want it to pop up saying "Do you want Firefox to remember this password?" when I enter new passwords in. I do not want to use Firefox's password manager. I did not have to use this a week ago.

coldstart, I have permissions set for Firefox to always ask me before Clearing Private Data. Additionally clearing private data does not clear cookies or passwords. Additionally I do not have Firefox set to clear private data upon exit. I checked these settings before posting here. I meant to mention that in the above statement of my problem, sorry that I did not.

It's possible that your profile is corrupted. You might want to try removing the profile and recreating it.

It is a weird problem. A couple of websites are doing that to me as well, including one bank. You can view your cookies from within Firefox (Tools - Options - Privacy - Show Cookies) and I can see the cookie is there, but each time I visit the bank's website I have to request an activation code (which is emailed to me).

It's possible that one of the recent updates to Firefox changed something in the handling of cookies, I don't know.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

there's also a setting to say "keep cookies until they expire" or "keep cookies until I close firefox". you probably checked that already though.

what version of firefox are you using? what OS?

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    there's also a setting to say "keep cookies until they expire" or "keep cookies until I close firefox". you probably checked that already though.

what version of firefox are you using? what OS?
    I did have "Keep Cookies Until They Expire" checked. Thanks for the idea, though.

I am using Firefox 3.0.5, I think. Also this is Windows XP.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
    It's possible that your profile is corrupted. You might want to try removing the profile and recreating it.

It is a weird problem. A couple of websites are doing that to me as well, including one bank. You can view your cookies from within Firefox (Tools - Options - Privacy - Show Cookies) and I can see the cookie is there, but each time I visit the bank's website I have to request an activation code (which is emailed to me).

It's possible that one of the recent updates to Firefox changed something in the handling of cookies, I don't know.
    Ding Ding Ding Ding. This worked. Thank you. I owe you a beer/frozen lemonade/churro/whatever at Coachella.

I just hope that importing my saved bookmarks file doesn't screw things up again. Also I need to reinstall my Search Engines and Gmail notifier, etc. Woohoo!

Glad I could help.

Wtf just happened to my Macbook Pro?!? It has vertical bands of light and dark running across the screen and I can't adjust the brightness. I think there must be some setting I pressed accidentally or something.

um you might wanna check here Courtney, you aren't the only one...

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....23301&tstart=0

Oh damn that's not good. My computer is only 4 months old! I don't want it to be broken already.

The good news is that it was easily fixed this time by putting my computer to sleep for a few seconds and then waking it back up. I just hope it's not going to become a reoccurring problem.