Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1134

Thread: Computer SOS!

  1. #91
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,060

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I clicked start, and then right clicked My Documents... the option to Move did not appear. I right clicked My Documents on my desktop... no Move option appeared their either. Options that came up were: Open, Explore, Search..., Copy, Show On Desktop, Rename, Properties.
    Now what?
    Right click on My Documents, and click Properties, you'll then see the "move" option.

  2. #92
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    Or you could just select all the items in the transferred files folder, copy, and then go into your C drive -> Documents And Settings -> [User Name] -> My Documents and paste. As far as moving your whole iTunes library there's another step or two involved as the actual iTunes folder is a hidden folder somewhere in Documents And Settings\[User Name]\Local Settings (hidden folder)\Application Data I believe. I hate iTunes and try to avoid using it so I might be a little off. Google "backup and restore iTunes library" and you'll find the right path.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  3. #93
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    I would try the drag and drop method and wait a while especially if you have a ton of music you are trying to sync up with Itunes. It might not look like it's doing anything for a minute or two.

    Another way would simply be to go to open Itunes and go to import media and you can import an entire folder from your hard drive to sync up. I hate itunes for the most part but I use it. I tried sticking to winamp for all things regarding my ipod but it's just not comfortable when it comes to changing tags and stuff for some reason. It rarely goes well.

    Or if you mean you want to move all of your music from one folder to another, open the folder all your music is in, press ctrl A (all) once everything is highlited you should be able to right click and "move to" should appear or just copy all of it and paste it where you want it like Randy said.

  4. #94
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,023

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    My USB ports don't seem to be working for my Ipod. One says USB Device not recognized and the other works to charge it but I can't change my playlist. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

  5. #95
    Resident DnB Encyclopedia Donaldj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    3,654

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    Mr Dylanja, I would try plugging your ipod into the usb port of a different pc first. Sometimes that is all it takes to fix that issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    If there was a Frank Lucas of DnB links, Donald would be him...

    Donald is not only the Frank Lucas of the board, but also the resident Buddha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    All in favor of an Underworld / High Contrast US co-tour say "AYE!"
    "Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

    http://soundcloud.com/donaldj-1/jind...pect-8-16-2012

  6. #96
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,023

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    Really? It has worked on this same pc for a few months and just stopped all of the sudden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

  7. #97
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    also maybe restart or update your OS.

  8. #98
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,706

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    I had that problem and I had to reset my iPod, uninstall limewire and quicktime and reinstall iTunes. For some reason I couldn't run iTunes and have quicktime on the computer at the same time.

  9. #99
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,060

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    No one should have limewire installed on their computers.

  10. #100
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,706

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    i don't anymore... now i have frostwire. shhhh.

    and maybe it wasn't quicktime, maybe it was real player or some other similar program.

  11. #101
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,060

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    itunes is quicktime essentially, so I doubt that would be the problem. And again, no one should have real player installed on their computer either.

  12. #102
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,706

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    yeah i don't anymore. i have learned.

  13. #103
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,689

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    i don't anymore... now i have frostwire. shhhh.

    and maybe it wasn't quicktime, maybe it was real player or some other similar program.
    I was going to say, I don't think it's possible to have itunes without quicktime.

  14. #104
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    I need a new external HD. Recommend please. I've read a bunch of reviews on maxtor and western digital drives that have failed. I plan on using mine A LOT.

    I'm thinking maybe a couple smaller drives, that way if they crash I don't lose everything.

  15. #105
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    Seagate's Free Agent drives are pretty tight. WD is garbage nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  16. #106
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    I trust your judgment computer wise, but I must ask; is this concluded from experience, research, or word of mouth?

  17. #107
    Resident DnB Encyclopedia Donaldj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    3,654

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    I have had both good and bad luck with Seagate, Maxtor and WD. I generally try and back up everything on at least 2 different drives and expect a drive to fail within 3-5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    If there was a Frank Lucas of DnB links, Donald would be him...

    Donald is not only the Frank Lucas of the board, but also the resident Buddha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    All in favor of an Underworld / High Contrast US co-tour say "AYE!"
    "Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

    http://soundcloud.com/donaldj-1/jind...pect-8-16-2012

  18. #108
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    I trust your judgment computer wise, but I must ask; is this concluded from experience, research, or word of mouth?
    This is based on the fact that I have to replace hard drives (external and otherwise) numerous times every week. The vast majority of the failed drives I replace are WD. Go on Newegg and check out the reviews, cause I'm basing my recommendation on the availability of stock at Fry's where I get all my parts for clients.

    If you really want to have a guaranteed safe backup solution here's what you do: buy two identical external HDs. Configure the backup software to run nightly at like 4 AM (if you want to be bold, configure it for separate backups for each day of the week but that's a bit excessive if you're not an office). Each morning you check the backup job to see it completed and swap out the external. You don't unplug anything from the computer end because it needs to keep the same drive letter assigned, you just unplug it from the drive and hook in the other.

    Then if one fails--which is less likely with externals--you have a backup backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  19. #109
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,060

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    I need a new external HD. Recommend please. I've read a bunch of reviews on maxtor and western digital drives that have failed. I plan on using mine A LOT.

    I'm thinking maybe a couple smaller drives, that way if they crash I don't lose everything.
    I have two WD's and two Seagates, and I love them all...never had problems.

  20. #110
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    This is based on the fact that I have to replace hard drives (external and otherwise) numerous times every week. The vast majority of the failed drives I replace are WD. Go on Newegg and check out the reviews, cause I'm basing my recommendation on the availability of stock at Fry's where I get all my parts for clients.

    If you really want to have a guaranteed safe backup solution here's what you do: buy two identical external HDs. Configure the backup software to run nightly at like 4 AM (if you want to be bold, configure it for separate backups for each day of the week but that's a bit excessive if you're not an office). Each morning you check the backup job to see it completed and swap out the external. You don't unplug anything from the computer end because it needs to keep the same drive letter assigned, you just unplug it from the drive and hook in the other.

    Then if one fails--which is less likely with externals--you have a backup backup.
    Thank you.


    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I have two WD's and two Seagates, and I love them all...never had problems.
    I think it's the newer ones that are failing. (WD)

  21. #111
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    Yeah, WD used to be real good. But I replace more of them now than any other manufacturer by a factor of at least 3 to 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  22. #112
    old school zenidogx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    5,118

    Default Re: Computer SOS!


    okay . . . so I'm trying to connect to my school's system from off campus through Cisco, but i get this message:


    Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by client
    Reason 442: Failed to enable Virtual Adapter



    i followed the instructions from the school's library website and i've looked around online for help, but no dice. any input from my it friends and tech-savvy peeps will be appreciated.
    Last edited by zenidogx; 11-29-2008 at 03:37 PM.

  23. #113
    old school zenidogx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    5,118

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    one more

  24. #114
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,689

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    Reason 442: Failed to enable virtual adapter.
    -------------------------------------------
    Description or Action:
    Attempt a reboot before trying again. Or go to network connection property pages and try to manually enable/disable the _Cisco Systems VPN Adapter_. Also try to add the following line to vpnclient.ini: [main] VAEnableAlt=0.



    Resolution

    1. Try rebooting the computer and then try connecting again



    2. Uninstall and reinstall
    - Control Panel - Programs and Features
    - Select Partners Cisco Systems VPN Client and select uninstall
    - Restart the computer
    - Then load the client again



    3. - Control Panel - Network and Internet
    - Open Network and Sharing Center
    - Open Network Connection Manager
    - Right click on Local Area connection and properties
    - On the Sharing tab, uncheck the "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet Connection". - Reboot and try again



    4. I have also seen Error 442 on Vista with a program called Bit Defender - an all-in-one Security center w/ A/V, firewall etc. Disabling it in System Tray was not sufficient - had to remove the Firewall component (wound up uninstalling the whole program, but removing the Firewall component resolved the 442 error).





    5. Another possible fix for this Cisco bug is to perform the following steps:
    - Control Panel - Network and Internet
    - Open Network and Sharing Center
    - Open Network Connection Manager
    - Enable the virtual adapter ("Cisco VPN Adapter")
    - Right click on it and select "Diagnose"
    - Select Fix


    http://forums.microsoft.com/technet/...&tf=0&pageid=1
    google is your friend.

  25. #115
    old school zenidogx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    5,118

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    i've tried 1,2,3, and 5. i'll look into number 4.

  26. #116
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,689

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    if none of those work try pinging the ip address your vpn is configured to connect to. if you can't do that it's hopeless. (unless they're blocking pings... that's just annoying)

  27. #117
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,734

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    I thought you couldn't type the word ****
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  28. #118
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,961

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    poooo

  29. #119
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I thought you couldn't type the word ****
    i think they changed it, only you are not allowed to type poo. guess why.

  30. #120
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    15,032

    Default Re: Computer SOS!

    this isnt an SOS but it fits here i think ... i am doing that band thing and I like the name Online .... if you put in theonline.com, you get a coffee company, so that is taken, but if you just put in online.com, it redirects you to cnet.com .... does that mean that cnet owns that site addy? i can put in the online.com and nothing comes up, so that will work i guess .... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Similar Threads

  1. Computer question
    By Somewhat Damaged in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 10:40 AM
  2. OK Computer Tribute Album
    By luckyface in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:13 PM
  3. Stereogum Presents...OKX: A Tribute to OK Computer
    By Tylerdurden31 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 12:20 PM
  4. I'm looking for a computer program...
    By Good Days Last in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 12:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •