Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wanna talk about Vintage Guitars.

Default I wanna talk about Vintage Guitars.

So Guitars are my passion, and today I feel like talking about them. Any of you have anything cool? A few jewels in my collection

Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by sames44 View Post
    Marriage is a beautiful thing - everyone should try it at least twice in their lifetime.

Default Re: I wanna talk about Vintage Guitars.

I'm definetely more of a Fender type of guy.

I met an older guy once however, that bought a 1948 Gibson, one of the first acoustic to electric guitars ever made. The guy that he bought it from at some pawn shop just thought it was like any other guitar, and sold it to him for 200 dollars. It's worth something like $200,000 now. He let me play it for a couple of minutes and that was the best sound I've ever heard out of an instrument. It's in mint condition and all of the parts are the originals, except for the strings.

Thats fucking insane! I think the oldest Les Paul I have ever played was a 51. It sounded really good for Jazz and Blues but really couldn't handle to much distortion. I have a Rickenbacker that I am trying to put a picture of up. I like Fenders for a low distorted sound and rip a crazy blues rift through. I wanna know what the dude from the Black Keys plays, he gets an amazing sound out of his guitar. You can really hear his dischord when he plays and that, sometimes, is hard to do.
    Marriage is a beautiful thing - everyone should try it at least twice in their lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

old school

i have vintage pedals but i m too lazy to post pictures.
    I am going to get so blown to Cypress Hill while they play.

Quote Originally Posted by thinnerair View Post
    i have vintage pedals but i m too lazy to post pictures.
    Do you have a Wah or a Phaser and if so would you sell them?

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Deviate_420 View Post
    Do you have a Wah or a Phaser and if so would you sell them?
    i have an old Vox wah and an old Maestro Boomerang
    no phaser but i do have an old ('73, 74??) Electro Harmonix Clone Theory that is nice.
    I am going to get so blown to Cypress Hill while they play.

I have that guitar... Not the one from Stereophonics, though. I have my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

I should post my vinatge Vox tha was once owned by Chris Martin of Coldplay. But this isnt my thread and dont wanna encroach.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    I should post my vinatge Vox tha was once owned by Chris Martin of Coldplay. But this isnt my thread and dont wanna encroach.
    I saw that in another thread. Do you have any idea what year it is?

my first guitar was a 1975 gibson marauder that my dad used to own. i ended up selling it after it was falling apart beyond repair for scrap and got a 1984 kramer striker. thats really the last complete vintage guitar i owned, but i recently swapped the necks on my dan armstrong with an original from the early 70's. i have a mid 80's marshall jcm800 and a 1977 musicman hd130 2x12 which is just ready to get out of the shop after havin a much needed tune-up. i have a few vintage boxes including a 1998 zvex fuzzfactory(myrold paint job), a korean boss slow gear and a roland re201 space echo(dying) and im getting this within the next week...

I use to have a wah from the 70s but it broke and finding a working one is harder then pinpointing when Lindsey Lohan lost her virginity.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post

I have that guitar... Not the one from Stereophonics, though. I have my own.
    I want one of those. How does it play?

Sweet guitars....my next will be a Ricky, for sure. I tried one out a few months back on my AC30, and it sounded insane.

I still have my old cry baby wah. Love it...it's never let me down.

Nips, that Digitech is sweet. A buddy of mine swears by it.

I have a late eighties Valley Arts California Pro. I have no pics readily available, but maybe when I get home I can post some.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I want one of those. How does it play?
    Really good. It has a very great surf effect when you mute all the strings with its muter.

I didn't take good care of it though and I need to get it fixed. The wood's a little warped on the bridge and some of the frets buzz. I'm keeping it in a case so that there is no further damage.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Really good. It has a very great surf effect when you mute all the strings with its muter.

I didn't take good care of it though and I need to get it fixed. The wood's a little warped on the bridge and some of the frets buzz. I'm keeping it in a case so that there is no further damage.
    Did you swap out any of the pickups or is it all stock?

I wanna get a Jag-Stang. I like the sound of the Jaguar but I like the scaled down neck of the mustang.

Did you swap out any of the pickups or is it all stock?

I wanna get a Jag-Stang. I like the sound of the Jaguar but I like the scaled down neck of the mustang.
    No, it's the same as it was made in the factory. Just a little warped because I kept it on a stand and not in its case. I have never used a Jag-Stang but they seem really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by downingthief View Post

Nips, that Digitech is sweet. A buddy of mine swears by it.
    i ended up not getting it which sucks because i already sold my whammy WH-4. i drove up to santa cruz today with the 500 bucks needed and asked if i could try it out beforehand(god am i glad i did, the place has a no return policy). the guy plugged it into a twin and within the first 5 minutes the pedal started giving him shit as he was playing. the tracking was so off(which can be fixed)and it sucked the tone right of the amp making it sound like the guitars volume was at 1(most likely a chip problem that is very hard to fix). the bypass switch also wasnt engaging everytime you stepped on it. he swapped guitars and amps thinking that was the problem but it was still acting up so i told him that i couldnt pay 500 bucks for a used pedal that was acting up that bad.

Kurt hated the jag-stang

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    i ended up not getting it which sucks because i already sold my whammy WH-4. i drove up to santa cruz today with the 500 bucks needed and asked if i could try it out beforehand(god am i glad i did, the place has a no return policy). the guy plugged it into a twin and within the first 5 minutes the pedal started giving him shit as he was playing. the tracking was so off(which can be fixed)and it sucked the tone right of the amp making it sound like the guitars volume was at 1(most likely a chip problem that is very hard to fix). the bypass switch also wasnt engaging everytime you stepped on it. he swapped guitars and amps thinking that was the problem but it was still acting up so i told him that i couldnt pay 500 bucks for a used pedal that was acting up that bad.
    Damn, that blows. Yeah, definitely some major issues there. I've tried my friend's and it sounds great. He's playing out of a Twin Reverb currently.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Kurt hated the jag-stang
    Wasn't that his guitar though? I think it is way bad ass. My friend has one and switched out all the pickups and re-wired the entire thing. You don't happen to have a copy of Nirvanas show in San Diego at the Del Mar race track do you?

old school

My collection includes
    A 1961 Gibson Les Paul Jr. cherry colored (SG body style) lightest guitar ever!
    A 1974 Gibson Alder S-1 Heaviest Guitar ever!
    A 1979 Aluminum Neck Kramer XL naked wood stained finish.
    A 1993 Fender Jazzmaster Japanese Reissue Sunburst
    An early 90's Fernandes strat copy dunno what year it is but the neck is perfect. I've seen Issac Brock (before he sold out to PRS), Lee Renaldo & a slew of others have played this guitar here & there.
    Each guitar is like a child to me I love them all equally.
    I almost lost them & my Marshall half stack to all of the flooding here in Ohio. Thank God I didn't $3000 worth of my record collection didn't make it though.
    Last edited by shoegazer76; 08-23-2007 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    I have a late eighties Valley Arts California Pro. I have no pics readily available, but maybe when I get home I can post some.
    i love valley arts. the lead singer in my first band was playing his dads and it played better than any new fender strat ive ever played. you play much kruetz?

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    A 1979 Aluminum Neck Kramer XL naked wood stained finish.
    could you tell me all you can about this guitar? ive been looking for a travis bean for awhile and theyre either far too expensive or have been modded to look like shit(sawing off the top horn ala arcade fire) so i decided the kramer aluminums were the next best thing but i cant find one to test for myself.

Wasn't that his guitar though? I think it is way bad ass. My friend has one and switched out all the pickups and re-wired the entire thing. You don't happen to have a copy of Nirvanas show in San Diego at the Del Mar race track do you?
    Yeah it was his guitar, it was his idea to Fender to design such a thing (he was a huge fan of the mustangs, as were a lot of alternative bands), but he never ended up liking the design of it. He only took it on tour with him in Europe during the early part of 1994, and only played it partially during then...Fender was gonna do some more tweaking to it and stuff, but ya know....

And yeah I do have some recordings (soundboard) from the Del Mar Fairgrounds performance (12/28/1991). Setlist was:

Drain You
    Aneurysm
    School
    Floyd The Barber
    Smells Like Teen Spirit
    About A Girl
    Polly
    Sliver
    Breed
    Come As You Are
    Lithium
    Territorial Pissings

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Yeah it was his guitar, it was his idea to Fender to design such a thing (he was a huge fan of the mustangs, as were a lot of alternative bands), but he never ended up liking the design of it. He only took it on tour with him in Europe during the early part of 1994, and only played it partially during then...Fender was gonna do some more tweaking to it and stuff, but ya know....

And yeah I do have some recordings (soundboard) from the Del Mar Fairgrounds performance (12/28/1991). Setlist was:

Drain You
    Aneurysm
    School
    Floyd The Barber
    Smells Like Teen Spirit
    About A Girl
    Polly
    Sliver
    Breed
    Come As You Are
    Lithium
    Territorial Pissings
    Is there anyway you can send it to me. I have always wanted to see them live however, I have heard that they can play some brilliant live shows but can really be bad live. I am curious to see (well hear) for myself. Did you ever get a chance to see them?

My only vintage guitar is a 1966 Fender Electric XII. It is sweet.

I have a 1982 Fender Bullet Deluxe and a 1960's ERA Silvertone Telecaster which is in pieces right now.
    lollipops and crisps

I used to have a 1985 Strat, but now I have the 60th Anniversary Tele.