Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amy Winehouse scraps concerts, citing 'health issues'

Default Amy Winehouse scraps concerts, citing 'health issues'

Amy Winehouse scraps concerts, citing 'health issues' Fri Aug 17, 5:48 AM ET

LONDON (AFP) - Soul singer Amy Winehouse, in rehabilitation reportedly coping with drink and drug problems, has scrapped her forthcoming concerts for health reasons, her spokeswoman said Friday.

The 23-year-old, whose drinking habits have been well documented in the newspapers, has pulled out of this weekend's V Festival, one of the country's biggest, Tracey Miller said.

Winehouse, named best British female solo artist at the Brit Awards in February, will also miss France's Rock en Seine festival, where she was scheduled to perform Thursday.

"Amy Winehouse is putting all her touring commitments for this month on hold until further notice in order to address her health issues," Miller said in a statement.

"Amy will now not be performing at this weekend's V Festival in Chelmsford and Staffordshire. Her family has requested that the media respect Amy's privacy at this time."

The singer was taken to hospital last week for what her record company called "severe exhaustion".

Reports alleged she had taken a cocktail of alcohol and various hard drugs.

Winehouse, whose best-known hit "Rehab" is about her refusal to attend an alcohol rehabilitation centre, was then reported to have checked into a treatment centre costing 10,000 pounds per week.

She went home Wednesday but insisted Thursday it was simply to collect a guitar.

"I'm fine. I've put on half a stone and I feel fine," she told BBC radio outside her native north London home.

Asked if reports of her drug abuse were correct, she said: "I wouldn't say so, no."

Her husband Blake Fielder-Civil admitted Thursday she had "a few problems."

"It's been a difficult time for me and Amy, the fact is we are still together and going back to the place tonight," he said.

"The main thing is that me and Amy are getting better. Don't worry, she's being looked after. We're going back to this retreat. She's determined to get well.

"It's not as bad as everyone thinks but she's fine, she's loved and looked after."

Winehouse has been nominated for best newcomer and female artist of the year at the MTV Video Music Awards, to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada, on September 9.

The singer is scheduled to tour Canada and the United States next month and Europe in October.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Default Re: Amy Winehouse scraps concerts, citing 'health issues'

Probably has nothing to do with this:

http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=2724

THIEF!!!!!!!
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

Quote Originally Posted by fober View Post

THIEF!!!!!!!
    Wow.

THIEF!!!!!!!
    glad to see we have some Tyler Durdan fans in here. That site ROCKS!
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

I'd have to be on some pretty hard drugs to want to read the NME, never mind steal a copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

shes crazy just like lily allen!!!
    Upcoming Shows: Updated

amy winehouse is a dirty whore.

THIEF!!!!!!!
    Nice. But please refrain from posting links that have viruses (the whale tail shot).

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Nice. But please refrain from posting links that have viruses (the whale tail shot).
    Hey, if I had to be blinded by that, I'm bringing this board down with me.
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

Hey, if I had to be blinded by that, I'm bringing this board down with me.
    LOL I like your style.

we knew that last week.

I hope resolving "health issues" involves going to a dentist.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    we knew that last week.
    you must be suprefan's alias.

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    you must be suprefan's alias.
    Amy Winehouse has and may I quote "Gone into Rehab....wooo woooo woooo. Don't expect an appearance for a wee while, certainly not next month. Next question.
    I guess so!

Amy Winehouse's Bloody Bad Day Gina Serpe
    Fri Aug 24, 9:09 AM ET

Los Angeles (E! Online) - If this is what comes from resting up, Amy Winehouse may have been better off remaining on the road.

Just three days after calling off her U.S. tour and vowing to return to a countryside "retreat" to deal with her ongoing "health issues," the "Rehab" chanteuse was photographed in London Thursday with bloody scrapes and cut marks all over her face and body.

The images, splashed across the Daily Mail's Friday edition, show the dinged-up 23-year-old singer alongside her equally bruised and bloodied husband, Blake Fielder-Civil. Winehouse's trademark black-winged eyeliner is smeared across her nose, cheeks and eyes; she's sporting scrapes and gashes on her forehead and legs; her hands are swollen and her ballet flats are soaked with blood.

Fielder-Civil, 23, fared no better, with scrapes covering the left side of his face and neck.

The couple was photographed outside the Sanderson Hotel in Soho just after 3:30 a.m.

The Daily Mail reported that the injuries were inflicted after a violent row in their hotel suite, prompting Winehouse to fire back, denying that theirs is an abusive relationship. London police have confirmed that they were called in to an incident at the duo's hotel by a concerned member of the public, but said no charges resulted from their check-in.

For her part, the Back to Black artist explained the origin of the wounds in a series of text messages to blogger Perez Hilton.

"Blake is the best man in the world," she wrote, adding they "would never harm each other."

The cuts, she wrote, came about when Fielder-Civil returned to their suite to find Winehouse "about to do drugs with a call girl." Winehouse, who grabbed headlines earlier this year for scraping her hubby's name into her arm with a shard of glass at a Spin magazine shoot, claims she then began cutting herself.

Fielder-Civil then "rightly said I wasn't good enough for him. I lost it and he saved my life."

In a subsequent text, she insisted, "I'll be alright." Fielder-Civil, however, she felt was getting the raw end of the deal. "I need to fight my man's corner for him, though," she added.

"For the last time he did not and never has hurt me...He has such a hard time and he [is] so supportive.

"He deserves the truth," she continued. "He is an amazing man who saved my life and got cut badly for his troubles. All he get[s] is horrible stories printed about him and he just keeps quiet, but this is too much."

The incident caps a horrible August for the singer. In the past two weeks she's scuttled more than a month's worth of U.K. and U.S. tour dates, including a planned performance at the MTV Video Music Awards in September, "due to the rigors involved in touring."

The cancellation came the same day British media reported that Winehouse and Fielder-Civil had checked out of their "retreat" of choice, Essex's Causeway rehabilitation center, after just five days.

Last week, the duo helicoptered out of the center, but vowed to return, with Fielder-Civil telling BBC Radio that his wife of three months was "being looked after."

"She's going back to this retreat," he said. "She's determined to get well. It's not as bad as everyone thinks, but she's fine. She's loved and looked after."

Worries about the singer's condition arose earlier this month when she was briefly hospitalized at University College London's hospital for what publicist Tracey Miller deemed "severe exhaustion." Miller cited Winehouse's busy touring schedule, not drugs and alcohol as claimed by several publications—and the singer's own mother-in-law—for the emergency room visit.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

Holy hell... those pictures are brutal.

Amy Winehouse is fuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Ugh, just do the world a favor and fatally overdose, already.

.................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Banned

hahahahaha I like this crazy lady.....She is going in my death pool next to Pete Doherty.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    This flowchart is flawed, as the first ? is "are you exceptionally good at what you do?" Bitch sounds like Gary Coleman...
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

Father-in-law: Boycott Winehouse albums By JILL LAWLESS, Associated Press Writer
    Tue Aug 28, 8:55 AM ET

LONDON - Amy Winehouse's father-in law says fans should stop buying her records to force the singer to seek help for what he called a drug addiction.

Giles Fielder-Civil said he believed Winehouse and his son, Blake Fielder-Civil, had used cocaine, crack cocaine and heroin and were in "abject denial" about their problem.

"I think they believe they are recreational users of drugs and they are in control," Fielder-Civil told British Broadcasting Corp. radio Tuesday. "Clearly they are addicts."

He said fans should send a message to Winehouse "that her addiction and her behavior are not acceptable."

"Perhaps it is time to stop buying records," Fielder-Civil said. "It's a possibility, to send that message."

However, Winehouse's father said a boycott would do little good.

"It's all clutching at straws," Mitch Winehouse told the BBC. "There's only one way out of this, and anybody with any drug experience will tell you ... that the only way out of this is not sectioning them, not locking them up. At some point they are going to reach rock bottom ... and at that point they will say, `Listen, I don't want to do this anymore.'"

Giles Fielder-Civil said Winehouse's record label should be more "pro-active in helping the couple to get better."

Island Records couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

Winehouse, 23, has built her reputation on a soulful voice and a hard-partying image. Her most recent album, "Back to Black," topped the British charts and produced the hit single "Rehab."

Concern for her health has grown since Winehouse was taken to a hospital earlier this month for "severe exhaustion" and spent a short stint in a rehab facility. She has since canceled a series of British concerts and postponed a tour of the U.S. and Canada.

Last week, newspaper pictures showed Winehouse and Blake Fielder-Civil bloody and bruised, apparently after a fight in a London hotel.

Gossip Web site perezhilton.com said it had received text messages from Winehouse denying Fielder-Civil was responsible for her injuries.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Gossip Web site perezhilton.com said it had received text messages from Winehouse denying Fielder-Civil was responsible for her injuries.
    Tell you what though, she is responsible for his, thats a fukin certainty!
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    You'd be surprised just how quickly the edge of your own sanity comes into view.

I'm hoping all of this drama can be used as material for her next CD.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

I'm opening a book on the next dead celeb - she is my 1/1 favorite and Owen Wilson is next at 5/4.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    You'd be surprised just how quickly the edge of your own sanity comes into view.

Winehouse to Stay Away from U.S.
    By WENN | Thursday, August 30, 2007

HOLLYWOOD - Troubled singer Amy Winehouse will not perform in the United States for the foreseeable future, according to her record label.

Her U.S. label Universal Republic Records has announced her performance at the MTV Video Music Awards in Las Vegas next month will not take place as planned.

Winehouse's North American tour was originally postponed on Aug. 22; however, Universal has now confirmed it has been cancelled "in a continued effort to support Amy Winehouse's wellbeing."

The 23-year-old star is currently taking time out of her pop career to focus on "health issues" after her Aug. 8 hospitalization following three days of hard partying.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

The Darker Side of Owen Wilson
    Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2007 By REBECCA WINTERS KEEGAN

It's rarely a shock when a star's personal demons rear up in the form of a police blotter. Robert Downey Jr.'s '90s jail stints, Christian Slater's 59-day stay behind bars on assault charges in 1998 and Lindsay Lohan's alleged coke-fueled car chase this summer all followed a pattern of prior troublesome behavior. Each performer was known to have spent time in treatment for addiction. For these celebrities, a mug shot somehow seems as appropriate a career visual as a red carpet wave.

But the hospitalization this week of Owen Wilson, 38, after police responded to a report of a suicide attempt at his Santa Monica home, astonished anyone who knows him simply as the affable, blonde man-child from Wedding Crashers and You, Me and Dupree.To us outsiders, Wilson's partying seemed to be of the happy-go-lucky, nobody-gets-hurt variety. While other stars got DUIs, Wilson always appeared to have a ride home with one of his cool actor-brothers, Luke, 35, and Andrew, 43, or someone as blonde, pretty, rich and famous as he, like Kate Hudson. When he wasn't busy filming blockbuster comedies that played off his lovable slacker image or writing smart scripts like Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums with his friend from Texas, director Wes Anderson, Wilson's life as documented by the tabloids consisted of tossing a football at the beach, riding his scooter alongside his dog, Garcia, and dating whatever impossibly beautiful woman he wanted. The gossip site Defamer.com awarded Wilson the moniker "The Butterscotch Stallion," a nod to his, er, appetite for female companionship.

Obviously something darker was going on amidst all those flaxen-haired mellow good times. The only comment from Wilson, who's said to be in good condition at Cedar's Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, has been to issue this statement: "I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time." Nevertheless speculation about his drug use, depression over his May break-up from Hudson and a recent fight with a friend have peppered the coverage of Wilson's hospitalization. A People magazine cover story out Friday quotes a friend as saying: "Owen was very despondent. He slit his wrists. He almost did not make it."

It's unusual that an actor in his professional prime should suffer such a dramatic meltdown. Wilson dropped out of Tropic Thunder, a Dreamworks comedy he was set to start shooting in a few weeks with buddy and eight-time co-star Ben Stiller. And it's unlikely he'll participate in any publicity for The Darjeeling Limited, his new film with Anderson, which opens the New York Film Festival in September.

Of course, Wilson's career is the least of the concerns of the people showing up to visit him at Cedar's, including his family, Anderson and friend Samuel L. Jackson. A suicide attempt, if in fact that's what happened, signals that a person is in the deepest kind of pain. While it may be a surprise to those of us who know him only by his twinkly-eyed screen persona, Wilson's crisis probably didn't sneak up on those close to him. And the actor and his loved ones likely won't return to the good life quickly, either.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

I'm opening a book on the next dead celeb - she is my 1/1 favorite and Owen Wilson is next at 5/4.
    Looks like it's going to be a close one.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Saturday September 1, 04:00 PM Amy Winehouse does more drugs than anyone else: Courtney Love
    By ANI

London, Sept. 1 (ANI): Rock star Courtney Love claims that Amy Winehouse does more drugs than any of her previous party pals.

The widow of late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain says that Amy has even left her behind in taking hard drugs. "Amy does more drugs than anyone I've known," the Sun quoted her as saying.

"I've been with lots of people when they've taken coke, including stars like Lindsay Lohan and Kate Moss. But I've never seen anyone take as much coke as Amy. Even I wasn't that bad," she was overheard as telling a pal.

Courtney also says that Amy "speedballs", taking a deadly mix of cocaine and heroin.

Courtney and Kurt were dubbed "the new Sid and Nancy" in the Nineties, but Amy and her husband Blake Fielder-Civil are the latest couple to take the dubious title.

Amy reportedly suffered a massive drug overdose last month after taking a cocktail of booze and drugs including heroin and cocaine.

She, however, told her pals that she only took heroin for the first time less than six months ago. (ANI)

__________________________________________________ __

Sunday September 2, 06:00 PM Amy Winehouse vomits blood at Caribbean hideaway
    By ANI

London, Sep 2 (ANI): Troubled singer Amy Winehouse has further raised concerns for her health after she violently vomited blood in her hideaway Caribbean hotel room.

Staff at the Jade Mountain resort in St. Lucia were reportedly horrified when they were sent to Winehouse's suite to clean up the mess.

"There was blood and vomit all over the bathroom, it was just terrible. It looked like she'd been sick many times. There was blood mixed up in the vomit," the Mirror quoted a hotel staff, as saying.

"It was sickening. They were horrified by the state of the room, which looked like a bomb had hit it," the staff added.

The worker further said that the hotel management offered to call a doctor for Winehouse, but she declined.

"The hotel management offered to send for a doctor but Amy declined. She said she'd be fine. Everyone was concerned because she looked so frail," the staff said.

Amy and her hubby Blake Fielder-Civil have been staying at the Caribbean hideaway since last weekend, after the emergence of their shocking pictures, which showed them bloodied and bruised from a drug-fuelled street brawl.

Meanwhile, both Amy and Blake's parents have sent out a message to fans to boycott Amy's album in an effort to urge the pair to get help for their alleged addictions. (ANI)
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Bitch better record another good record before she dies.
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓