Thread: entertainment idea...

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Default entertainment idea...

I had an idea for entertainment between sets at coachella.

what if they played videos of older live performances? they could show a few from the dvd, naturally, but it would also give them a chance to make use of some of the thousands of hours of footage they have never shown. I'm sure the crowd would enjoy it, it'd certainly be more entertaining than the djs they usually have.

of course there is the small issue that only the main stage has a screen, and that it's barely visible during the daylight hours. and I'm not sure if they'd need to seek permission from the artists first... but it's a nice idea. even if they only did this between sets on the main stage after sunset it would still be enjoyed by the peeps waiting at the front.

Default Re: entertainment idea...

I'd rather see what's going on at other stages on the big screens rather than old sets.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i think this would be a good idea as some sort of heineken tent type thing. it seems like it would be easier to see the video in a tent. plus, it's the type of thing i'd want to do while taking a break, out of the sun.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

tru dat to ivys post.
    Last edited by kreutz2112; 08-14-2007 at 03:51 PM.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I don't believe in entertaining the idiots who wait at the same stage all day long.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

I'm just thinking it would be good for conflict purposes...
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

well they did something similar in the at&t blueroom tent this year. they showed videos of performances that had just happened this year. adding it to the heineken tent would also be a good idea.

I was thinking it would be a particularly good way to pass the time for all those stuck waiting at the stages though -- I always hate that time.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I don't believe in entertaining the idiots who wait at the same stage all day long.
    I wouldn't stay at one stage all day long, but if two acts I must see follow each other on the same stage I'm quite likely to stay put in between & get a good spot for the second act.

also, even when that doesn't happen I'll sometimes arrive at the very end of one act to get a good spot for the next.

so this isn't just for people waiting at one stage all day long.

Coachella Junkie

WHAT ARE YOU FUCKING THINKING. JESUS CHRIST.

I think they should have giant TVs showing the golf.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I'm just thinking it would be good for conflict purposes...
    it might be a bit of a tease, but yes showing performances from the current year might work well too.

I just thought previous years' performances would give people a chance to experience a few performances they missed out on, or to re-live performances they were there for.

Coachella Junkie

I bet you were cheering when they were gassing Jews and gays too.

V-Fest had this cool marquee thing at the top of the main stage that you could send text messages to, and the messages you sent would scroll along. It was entertaining enough.

They also had this tower thing in the middle of the field that had big TVs that showed the next band playing at each stage, and at times would show video footage of a performance happening at that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

I like the tower idea, but as for the text message marquee, lets not make it harder to use cell phones.
    I miss Bill Hicks.

Yeah eff the text marquee, they use that in quite a few venues around here and it gets annoying.

Actually in 2005 in between sets at night on the main they showed the robot carnage thing going on. With the freaking crazy creepy baby and all the fire stuff, everyone was entertained.

I think cutting to another stage with the audio video and on the screens would be a good idea so you can catch it. But I think artists should be a bit more flexible and let themselves all be webcast and whatnot just for this purpose. And I mean the thing is being webcast live right? So why not ''live coverage'' by a correspondant like all the euro fests? The BBC has a huge spot just for themselves on site from Glastonbury. Why cant we get a couple of people to report back and chat in between acts, also some interviews?

Another idea for the screens on the stages is to show small films inbetween sets. That's another thing they did at V-Fest. Some of the videos were pretty cool. Some were pretty... weird. I dunno', that's something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

They were doing that at Rock The Bells, but also of course cutting in advertisements in between. I dont think Coachella will be doing that since highly visible/silly sponsorship is not their thing.