I searched for it. I think it's gone.

Shit's self-explanatory.

Here's my new favorite:

"There is no street with mute stones and no house without echoes."

-Gongora

Default Re: Favorite Quotes

"Why do people think artists are special? It's just another job."
    -andy warhol
    Last edited by AAM!!!; 08-09-2007 at 09:18 AM.

There's a moment coming...it's still in the future...it's not here yet...it's on the way...here it comes...here it is! Oh Shit!...it's gone...
    -George Carlin
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

A wise man once said "Every society is judged by how it treats it's least fortunate amongst them".

^ or lazy?!
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

if you dont want to work, become a reporter. that awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse.
    -mark twain, 1881
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    ^ or lazy?!
    I didn't read that into it I'm afraid sorry.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?" asked Alice.
    "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
    "I don't much care where …" said Alice.
    "Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.

-Lewis A. Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    I didn't read that into it I'm afraid sorry.
    i wasnt directing the question at you, it was just in general. i dont remeber where i first heard that quote but i dont like it. people that make stupid decisions are looked at as less fortunate. i dont agree with this. this is where my right wing side comes out. if youre willing to help yourself, im willing to help you help yourself. if youre looking for a hand out, dont expect shit from me. i have no problem walking by someone that isnt trying to better themselves.

-20, marookoo
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I love PJ O'Rourke even though I disagree with him on a few things.
    C&P. sue me.

A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat.
    P. J. O'Rourke

A very quiet and tasteful way to be famous is to have a famous relative. Then you can not only be nothing, you can do nothing too.
    P. J. O'Rourke

After all, what is your host's purpose in having a party? Surely not for you to enjoy yourself; if that were their sole purpose, they'd have simply sent champagne and women over to your place by taxi.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
    P. J. O'Rourke

America wasn't founded so that we could all be better. America was founded so we could all be anything we damned well pleased.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Because of their size, parents may be difficult to discipline properly.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Children must be considered in a divorce considered valuable pawns in the nasty legal and financial contest that is about to ensue.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Cleanliness becomes more important when godliness is unlikely.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Earnestness is stupidity sent to college.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Even very young children need to be informed about dying. Explain the concept of death very carefully to your child. This will make threatening him with it much more effective.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Every government is a parliament of whores. The trouble is, in a democracy, the whores are us.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Everybody knows how to raise children, except the people who have them.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Family love is messy, clinging, and of an annoying and repetitive pattern, like bad wallpaper.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Feeling good about government is like looking on the bright side of any catastrophe. When you quit looking on the bright side, the catastrophe is still there.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Gossip is what you say about the objects of flattery when they aren't present.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Government proposes, bureaucracy disposes. And the bureaucracy must dispose of government proposals by dumping them on us.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Humans are the only animals that have children on purpose with the exception of guppies, who like to eat theirs.
    P. J. O'Rourke

I like to think of my behavior in the sixties as a "learning experience." Then again, I like to think of anything stupid I've done as a "learning experience." It makes me feel less stupid.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Ideology, politics and journalism, which luxuriate in failure, are impotent in the face of hope and joy.
    P. J. O'Rourke

If government were a product, selling it would be illegal.
    P. J. O'Rourke

If you are young and you drink a great deal it will spoil your health, slow your mind, make you fat - in other words, turn you into an adult.
    P. J. O'Rourke

If you say a modern celebrity is an adulterer, a pervert and a drug addict, all it means is that you've read his autobiography.
    P. J. O'Rourke

In our brief national history we have shot four of our presidents, worried five of them to death, impeached one and hounded another out of office. And when all else fails, we hold an election and assassinate their character.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Let's reintroduce corporal punishment in the schools - and use it on the teachers.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Making fun of born-again Christians is like hunting dairy cows with a high powered rifle and scope.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Never be unfaithful to a lover, except with your wife.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Never fight an inanimate object.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Never wear anything that panics the cat.
    P. J. O'Rourke

No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Politics are for foreigners with their endless wrongs and paltry rights. Politics are a lousy way to get things done. Politics are, like God's infinite mercy, a last resort.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Seriousness is stupidity sent to college.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Social Security is a government program with a constituency made up of the old, the near old and those who hope or fear to grow old. After 215 years of trying, we have finally discovered a special interest that includes 100 percent of the population. Now we can vote ourselves rich.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Staying married may have long-term benefits. You can elicit much more sympathy from friends over a bad marriage than you ever can from a good divorce.
    P. J. O'Rourke

The Clinton administration launched an attack on people in Texas because those people were religious nuts with guns. Hell, this country was founded by religious nuts with guns. Who does Bill Clinton think stepped ashore on Plymouth Rock?
    P. J. O'Rourke

The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it.
    P. J. O'Rourke

The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop.
    P. J. O'Rourke

The proper behavior all through the holiday season is to be drunk. This drunkenness culminates on New Year's Eve, when you get so drunk you kiss the person you're married to.
    P. J. O'Rourke

The weirder you're going to behave, the more normal you should look. It works in reverse, too. When I see a kid with three or four rings in his nose, I know there is absolutely nothing extraordinary about that person.
    P. J. O'Rourke

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Mercedes-Benz 380SL convertible.
    P. J. O'Rourke

There is one thing women can never take away from men. We die sooner.
    P. J. O'Rourke

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    P. J. O'Rourke

There's one more terrifying fact about old people: I'm going to be one soon.
    P. J. O'Rourke

There's something about Marxism that brings out warts; the only kind of growth this economic system encourages.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Whatever it is that the government does, sensible Americans would prefer that the government do it to somebody else. This is the idea behind foreign policy.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Whatever it is that the government does, sensible Americans would prefer that the government does it to somebody else. This is the idea behind foreign policy.
    P. J. O'Rourke

When a couple decide to divorce, they should inform both sets of parents before having a party and telling all their friends. This is not only courteous but practical. Parents may be very willing to pitch in with comments, criticism and malicious gossip of their own to help the divorce along.
    P. J. O'Rourke

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
    P. J. O'Rourke

You can't get rid of poverty by giving people money.
    P. J. O'Rourke
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

i wasnt directing the question at you, it was just in general. i dont remeber where i first heard that quote but i dont like it.
    Ok, its requires reading in context with the long story that precedes the quote. It relates to a disabled boy, a subject matter which does not always sit well with people or make them comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    "Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?" asked Alice.
    "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
    "I don't much care where …" said Alice.
    "Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.

-Lewis A. Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland
    Carroll was a creep and a pedophile. Love Alice, though. Love. (Obviously).

old school

"I think life should be more like tv. I think all of life's problems ought to be solved in 30 minutes with simple homilies, don't you? I think weight and oral hygiene ought to be our biggest concerns. I think we should all have powerful, high-paying jobs, and everyone should drive fancy sports cars. All our desires should be instantly gratified. Women should always wear tight clothes, and men should carry powerful handguns. Life overall should be more glamorous, thrill-packed, and filled with applause, don't you think? "
    -Calvin & Hobbes
    I am going to get so blown to Cypress Hill while they play.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Carroll was a creep and a pedophile. Love Alice, though. Love. (Obviously).
    he probably was a pedophile but all of his outings with that family were chaperoned.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    -20, marookoo
    because i dont wanna help someone that doesnt wanna help themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Ok, its requires reading in context with the long story that precedes the quote. It relates to a disabled boy, a subject matter which does not always sit well with people or make them comfortable.
    i think i just read it a few minutes ago. i dont have a problem helping less fortunate people. people that cannot for whatever reason help themselves. the problem i do have is giving hand-outs to people that are just looking for hand-outs.

just because you have diarrhea doesnt make it cool to shit in the shower...
    -Frank Zappa
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

"I haunted the city of your dreams, invisible and insistent as a fire of thorns in the wind". from Anabasis by St. John Perse.
    -----------------------

"Anyone that hates dogs and children can't be all that bad." - WC Fields

"I never drink water. Fish shit in it." -WC Fields
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post

I want to be on the forefront of change, so when the nippless revolution starts, I'm going to lead the charge.

The ultimate measure of a man is where he stands at times of challenge and controversy - MLK
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Ainchya sposed to get a personality wiv a face like that?

Eastenders - Phil Mitchell
    We're not becoming friends

"I just shot Marvin in the face."

-Vincent
    4/18-20 Coachella
    4/26 Simian Mobile Disco @ Pappy & Harriet's
    5/1 The Horrors @ First Unitarian Church
    5/29 Thee Oh Sees @ Church on York
    6/7-9 Governors Ball
    6/14-15 Low End Theory Festival

because i dont wanna help someone that doesnt wanna help themselves?
    because you presume to know what you don't really know.

"I play the honeys like the butter play toast" - Christopher Wallace

woogie, your avatar makes me happy.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

well said
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

i go by things ive experienced and witnessed myself, the majority of which were not positive. the last person i tried to help ended up stealing over $600 worth of DJ equipment from me. i got most of it back and took things from him to make up for what i didint get back. things like that are why i choose not to help people. not cause i think theyre all bad people or moochers. so your answer might reflect why you think i feel that way also.

one bad guy does not make everyone bad.

also, employed people steal too.

EDIT: wait wait wait wait. you complain about people who don't want to help themselves. Then a guy shows some initiative and helps himself to your stuff and you complain about that too. I think you're just a misanthrope.
    Last edited by TomAz; 08-09-2007 at 12:29 PM.

C'mon 'koo...you're what, 19? The majority of your life experiences involve sleeping, eating, pooping, and jerking off.

Tom's just saying to not make generalized judgments about things that you really don't know much about.