Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some people are winners.

Default Some people are winners.

The intention of the New Zealand Wheatons to name their baby "4real" has been brought up on this board before, if I'm not mistaken. Apparently, this is important enough to the world for there to be a follow-up article.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070808/...ewzealand_name

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a baby, 4Real!
    Wed Aug 8, 1:13 AM ET
    WELLINGTON (Reuters) - A New Zealand couple is looking to call their newborn son Superman -- but only because their chosen name of 4Real has been rejected by the government registry.

Pat and Sheena Wheaton say they will get around the decision by the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages by officially naming their son Superman but referring to him as 4Real, the New Zealand Herald newspaper has reported.

The Wheatons decided on the name after seeing the baby for the first time in an ultrasound scan and realising their baby was "for real".

They decided 4Real was the best way to write it, but the name was rejected because the registrar said a name had to be a sequence of characters.

Pat Wheaton said he was considering appealing against the decision through the courts, but whatever happens he won't be budged on his choice.

"No matter what its going to stay 4Real," Wheaton told the Herald, "I'm certainly not a quitter".

A spokesman for the Department of Internal Affairs, which operates the registry told the Herald discussions with the Wheatons about their son's name were continuing.

The baby is now two months old, after the Wheatons first applied to register his name in later June.

Default Re: Some people are winners.

I read that article and thought, that can be 4real, it must be a paintshop job!
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    You'd be surprised just how quickly the edge of your own sanity comes into view.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    I read that article and thought, that can be 4real, it must be a paintshop job!
    Are you new to this? The thinking thing, I mean. Why don't you give it another try?

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Are you new to this? The thinking thing, I mean. Why don't you give it another try?
    Ok lets see.......cut, copy, paste.....hows that!
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    You'd be surprised just how quickly the edge of your own sanity comes into view.

We'll call it a work-in-progress.

I overheard this girl at a concert say that her boyfriend's sons names were True Chaos and Maximum Damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Banned

lol.

10 Good Reasons You May not Want to Have Kids

1) They are Noisy
    I am not saying that all of them are, I wasn’t, but the fact is that most of them will be constantly mouthing off about something. They have questions coming out the ass every day, day after day. No single thing is too small to be worthy of comment, no problem too insignificant to whine about, and then there’s the nagging. They nag. You give in once and after that they never let up.

2) Social Responsibility
    You are not supposed to leave them alone for extended periods of time according to law, so you have a commitment to always providing people for them to be with, and sometimes to be with them yourself. You have to watch them in stores, keep them in sight wherever you are, and you absolutely cannot be mean to them in public for fear of winding up before a judge. How your child behaves will reflect directly upon you and your character. They say one curse word and people assume that you speak in Two Live Crew lyrics.

3) They Are an Economic Drain
    Food, clothes, school-supplies, tuition, school-projects, toys, fast-food, prescriptions, not to mention having to pay for a large enough living space for two adults plus however many of them those two adults choose to have. If you rent, then there is always the potential of them destroying/something that you will have to pay for.

4) You Have to Teach them Things
    You may or may not have figured this out: They are born knowing nothing. A blank slate. This means that you have years, possibly decades before they have anything insightful or interesting to say. But still, you will be a bad parent if you don’t listen to them. You are obligated to listen to all kinds of nonsensical irrelevant crap, all kinds of worthless interests and recaps of the Hannah Montana marathon they had on TV last weekend. You are obligated to tell them about life, sex, how to spend money, hygiene, calculus etc.

5) The TV Shows and Books you will have to Endure
    A big part of knowing nothing is poor taste. Taste is a product of experience and therefore there will be a considerable length of time before they like things that make sense. You are obligated to read stories to them unless you want them whining about it when they grow up, you are also obligated to surrender at least one of the TVs in your house to the Disney Channel and Nickelodeon for several hours each day.

6) Their Friends
    If your kids are normal they will at some point make friends, which means that you will not only have their presence to endure, but an assortment of other people’s failures as well. They will, perhaps, invite them home, at which point you may have to feed these other children, and endure their noise.

7) Constant Illness
    Kids, especially when small, are walking petri-dishes. Nothing guarantees repeated stomach-flus, colds, and assorted random illnesses like being in the presence of a small child for hours at a time. Have a co-worker who is always sniffling or running to the bathroom? They either have a cocaine problem or they have a small child.

8)They Attract the Ill-Will of Strangers
    Nothing in the world will get you more dirty looks than a poorly trained child. For some reason whole segments of the American population either have not yet had children, or will never have children, these people will not be sympathetic to your plight. Children to them are mere annoying strangers being inflicted upon them by you.

9)Once they are Born you are Pretty much Stuck with them
    Under normal circumstances anyway. You don’t get to give them back, you don’t get to pass them on to somebody else short of going to prison or dying. If they are ugly or stupid, you will have to endure them for a long time to come.

10) They are Ungrateful
    Kids in America grow up with a sense of being entitled to good parenting, as if it were something they earned in a previous life and have now come to collect. No parent, however is good enough, and they usually cannot find it in themselves to see how much worse it could be. They feel entitled to your time, the contents of your wallet and the remote control. And what do they give back? Maybe you will get to see your grandkids every now and then, and maybe, just maybe, they will pick a good nursing home for you when you are too old to take care for yourself.

Why the FUCK did you have to post that, Justin? I don't need to be reminded of that shit right now.
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Banned

ahhhhhhh the first day of school the teachers will be judging you.

11.One more cancer spot on this earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Didn't some couple in Sweden try to name their kid something like this: HHJJAKKAMMMM*&*)? And that also was rejected by the government? Why would you want to torture your kid like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    lol.

3) They Are an Economic Drain
    Food, clothes, school-supplies, tuition, school-projects, toys, fast-food, prescriptions, not to mention having to pay for a large enough living space for two adults plus however many of them those two adults choose to have. If you rent, then there is always the potential of them destroying/something that you will have to pay for.
    It has been estimated that a child will cost the parent on average $500,000 before they turn 18. Scary considering if you have more then one.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I overheard this girl at a concert say that her boyfriend's sons names were True Chaos and Maximum Damage.
    It's like at birth, they decided "These children are going to be comic-book villains when they grow up".

At least the second one can go by Max.

It's like at birth, they decided "These children are going to be comic-book villains when they grow up".

At least the second one can go by Max.
    I worked with this guy who had hippies for parents and named him Maximum..I thought it was a joke until he told me the story behind it and checked out he license. Scary...
    Last edited by TeamCoachellaHellYeah; 08-08-2007 at 08:55 AM.

He had parents where his hippies should have been?

He had parents where his hippies should have been?
    Doh! let me change that...I have lysdexia today...

Just wait til those two get a sister. I bet she'll get the super hero (or heroine, as the case may be) name.

one of my daughters name is Cinnamon Nichole ... and my gf (real) name is debbie tygerlady paris xxxxx (she doesnt want her last name posted) thats kind of unusual .... well my middle name is Paris too .... cr****

Pat Wheaton is Richey Manic in disguise.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

Wink Re: Some people are winners.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    one of my daughters name is Cinnamon Nichole ... and my gf (real) name is debbie tygerlady paris xxxxx (she doesnt want her last name posted) thats kind of unusual .... well my middle name is Paris too .... cr****
    My buddies first and middle name were Maximum Haley ..... the last name is the kicker but that wouldn't be nice to post....

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    It has been estimated that a child will cost the parent on average $500,000 before they turn 18. Scary considering if you have more then one.
    every penny is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    every penny is worth it.
    Oh absolutely! Don't get me wrong...it is just hard to have kids if you don't have a job to cover the cost..Which is why my fiancee and I are waiting a bit...

Mine is legally "Hannah Rain [lastname]". I think I got off pretty light, as far as the children of young "hippie" mothers go. It could have been worse...

"Nice to meet you. They call me Spirulina Sparkleflower". Or something awful along those lines. Believe me, I've met quite a few.

(Although I wasn't too far off when I renamed myself. I posted it in the default thread once, if you care to dig it up. It's worth a laugh).

I also have a friend who was almost named Darby Crash. That would have been pretty funny.
    Last edited by Hannahrain; 08-08-2007 at 09:20 AM. Reason: ack.

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    5) The TV Shows and Books you will have to Endure
    A big part of knowing nothing is poor taste. Taste is a product of experience and therefore there will be a considerable length of time before they like things that make sense. You are obligated to read stories to them unless you want them whining about it when they grow up, you are also obligated to surrender at least one of the TVs in your house to the Disney Channel and Nickelodeon for several hours each day.
    You can never know how bad this really is until you actually have kids. Just reading this post has put the theme song to "The Suite Life with Zach and Cody" on nonstop autoplay in my brain. Srsly. Somebody shoot me, now.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Banned

hahahahaa you have to admit that you do love the sponge bob though, and you watch it even when the kids are not around.

Ever See the episode of sponge bob where Pantera were the special guests?

All the music during the show was metal
    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Oh absolutely! Don't get me wrong...it is just hard to have kids if you don't have a job to cover the cost..Which is why my fiancee and I are waiting a bit...
    if only more people thought like you guys. i have heard people talk about having more kids just to get more financial assistance from the gov't. be sure to pay your taxes everyone!

You can never know how bad this really is until you actually have kids. Just reading this post has put the theme song to "The Suite Life with Zach and Cody" on nonstop autoplay in my brain. Srsly. Somebody shoot me, now.
    You are the parent, right? You can ban TV. We don't have cable right now, so my kids generally watch PBS (or DVD's), which isn't too annoying.
    My kids are still young though, so I can control them more easily (somewhat--they still destroy the house if I don't pay close attention).

The band Eisley is made up of 3 sisters, their brother, and their male cousin. I read from their bio that they grew up without TV, and they had enough leftover time to form a freakin' band.

Banned

Jeffrey dalhmer didn't have a TV growing up either......just sayin'.

I guess he replaced his TV time with torturing animals. Not good.