Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weird places/situations where you've run into people you know

Hybrid View

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Default weird places/situations where you've run into people you know

so, inspired by tom's parisian tale, where's the weirdest place you've run into someone you know? or perhaps what's the weirdest situation you ran into someone you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Banned

Default Re: weird places/situations where you've run into people you know

Its usually at airports or shows. Yeah my stories about running into people are not that great.

yeah, shows and bars are usually where i run into people. i've lived here pretty much all my life, so it's common. there was a run in at disneyland once. also i've run into people snowboarding. there's also this one guy that i run into ALL THE TIME since we had a class together at asu in like 99. only anytime we try to write down our contact information, something goes wrong. it's odd.

the weirdest one would probably be back in february of 2000 waiting to get into this rave called remedy at the tucson greyhound park. there was a giant crowd just kinda standing around outside. i was with my friend matt and some of his friends. well, this girl is kinda staring at me. i knew i recognized her, but i couldn't quite remember who she was. so finally i asked "i know this is kind of random, but where did you go to high school?"

in a bitchy voice, she immediately snaps "you're ivy, right?" and i remembered, she was this girl that went to the same boarding school in california as me in like 96/97. she wanted to fight me, but only because her bigger and scarier friend wanted to fight me.

i don't know if any of you remember my story of the girl making herself throw up with her crucifix, but they wanted to fight me for telling her to shut up one night while she was making herself very loudly throw up (after weeks and weeks of trying every other option to get her help).

i just thought it was hilarious. everytime i saw her after that she apologized profusely.

definitely not as cool as tom's story though. i want more stories like that

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

i went to canada when i was ~10, and ran into my totally aweswome spanish teacher with whom i had been taking private lessons with since kindergarten at butchart gardens.

also i went to new orleans in 10th grade and ran into this kid from school (year below me but we went to the same elementary and high schools) twice in the same day. turns out he was shooting a movie for lifetime in which he played an autistic kid and i guess in his time off he was doing the tourist thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I met Leif Garrett at an airport once. Dude's nuts.

Last year when at UCLA waiting to meet up with a friend for lunch, I saw a former, highly toxic, friend from the previous summer, and I freaked out and left. Not that unusual, I know, but it sucked.

i run into my HS english teacher at the gym all the time....
    Quote Originally Posted by breakjaw View Post
    I hope noone stab me with belt bucklez while I line dancing so fast in Skoal Tent,please peoplez!

Thumbs up Re: weird places/situations where you've run into people you know

...hmm yesterday i saw two of my high school classmates. one at Ralphs while i was buying fabric softener (she was in front of the line..i was at the back)
    the other one a few minutes later at the laundromat. i avoided them...i didnt want to start any converstions about what weve been doing for the past 7 years since we've graduated. didnt have the time for it.

OH! My elementary school principal was in Barnes & Noble looking at sex books.

Saw my high school principal at a wedding expo...he's a DJ now.

So, I am with my girlfriend (at the time) in Chicago on vacation. We go to a restaurant, and wait to be seated. Over walks the hostess to seat us, and...
    it is a girl that I had a one night (ok, it was a three night, but one total encounter) stand with in California about 3 years prior. I had heard through some mutual friends that she had moved to Chicago for school, but damn...what are the odds?? Chicago has a million places to go, and I pick the one where the girl that I had the best sex of my life works. We both were taken by suprise, and we didn't hide it very well.

We tried to play it cool as we walked to the table, but it didn't work. When we were seated, and she left, my GF turns to me, and asks, "Do you know her?"
    I tried to play it off saying that we went to school in Az, but my GF was not buying it. So, she looks me right in the eye, and says, "You had sex with her."
    What proceeded was one of the worst dinners of my life. I found out how jealous my GF was of everyone in my life prior to meeting her. Vacation was ruined, the plane ride home was pure Hell, and we broke up days later.

And, yes I did get in touch with the Chicago girl after...

Thumbs up Re: weird places/situations where you've run into people you know

Quote Originally Posted by downingthief View Post
    And, yes I did get in touch with the Chicago girl after...
    way to play it like a pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    way to play it like a pro!
    Ha! Thanks...that encounter definitely helped, in more ways than one. Got rid of the GF, who turned out to be really psycho. And, got to go to Chicago more often.

Quote Originally Posted by downingthief View Post
    Ha! Thanks...that encounter definitely helped, in more ways than one. Got rid of the GF, who turned out to be really psycho. And, got to go to Chicago more often.
    Well, in a perfect world, you should've played the connection off as being nothing, gotten your girlfriend sloppy drunk and arranged to have drinks with the Chicago girl after her shift ended (at another bar, obviously), then the three of you get cozy and with any luck end up in a sweaty heap across your hotel bed. But, considering that happens .001% of the time, you did the right thing.
    -----------------------

ours are usually concerts .. i posted this before, but one game we play is, lets go to a show, and see if we see someone we know, or does someone see us that knows us .. and i would have to say, the later prevails but both seem to happen more often then not .... an example was coachella 05 when some dude comes up to us and says, hey i know you wont remember me, but i sat next to you at red rocks for a show .. and i even saw him again on sunday so i reconized him ... it was double points lol ... i graduated from a school in japan, so there are no peeps from my school here, but there are people all over the world, so thats kinda cool .. cr****

Banned

that was a good story.

the principal for my freshman/sophmore class came into the headshop i worked at...
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Met Captain Lou Albano while sitting in traffic on I-4 in Orlando

I ran into my cousin when we were both applying to temp agency two days ago. We had no idea each other was applying or anything. It was really weird.

I was chatting to the singer from Fields in the toilet queue at the Filter party.

About 2 weeks after Coachella, i served him in my shop. (I did not tell him where i work - he may be stalking me)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

I was in Catalina going on a fishing tour and I saw this guy from my high school that I always hated.

In Hawaii, I was on a whale watching tour and the person who sat next to us was my roommate's best friend at UCLA, which was kinda weird, since I hadn't seen her in nearly 2 years.

In New York City, my parents and I were on the subway and we ran into one of my dad's co-workers. Neither had told the other they were coming to New York, and we randomly ran into the guy at 11 o'clock at night heading back to New Jersey. We were staying at the same hotel.

Pretty much whenever I travel we see somebody we know. It's creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I was driving west on oxnard st. and this A-HOLE made a left turn in front of me (I had a green light). I slammed my breaks but still slammed into their passenger side door. My boyfriend at the time was screaming at the driver of the other car after we all got out. turned out me and the passenger knew eachother and just chatted while the boys yelled at eachother.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

You see a lot of people you never want to see at Comic-Con, that's all I need to say...
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

first time we ever went to the XXX store (we were about 16) we had to dive behind an aisle when my best friend's dad walked in...

i'm not sure who would have been more embarrassed
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

I saw Zack de la Rocha at 7-11 by where I go to college.

I also saw this Greg at a house in Palm Desert before Coachella. It was weird.

Don't mean to take you places you don't want to go, but . . .

I rushed to my OB/GYN fully aware that I was in the midst of a miscarriage. I ran into a friend from high school whom I haven't seen in years. She was 6 months pregnant and just soooo happy to see me.

Horrible.

bump because today my niece showed up at my work with her foster parents. she's turning 5 on tuesday and they were having her birthday party there (i work at a lake). i haven't seen her since she was a baby... or heard from my brother... i didn't go see her or talk to her or her foster parents except to let them know who i was and to thank them for taking care of her. i snuck a few peeks at her from a distance. she's really cute, but she looks like my cunty ex sister in law.

Since this got bumped I was reading some of the responses and I remember another funny time: we were at the WestPoint graduation and I was in the middle of this giant field all by myself (Tygerlady was gone doing something) … all of the sudden this girl runs up to me and hugs me .. I had no clue who she was … she then started telling me how she had seen my picture online and on a desk in one of the dorms and she said “you are Ron, you are xxxxx’s mothers SO” … she was right and I thought it was kinda funny considering that all the snobs were there in tuxes, along with half of the joint chiefs of staff (Bush later), and half of the east coast money people dressed to the nines and there I was with my jeans on .. canx**

Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Years ago, during my stoner daze, I was supposed to be at the movies one evening, but instead, went to a hotel with a guy friend to score some weed. As the elevator door opened for us to enter and go up, an older couple were coming out...My mom being one of them...My guy friend was freaking out about it as the doors shut and we went up...Worried that I was gonna be in deep shit...I was able to ease his worries when I told him yes, it was my mother, but...that wasn't my father! Got pretty stoned before going back home that nite and nothing ever got mentioned until years later between my mom and I...over a joint, nomless...

This is a genuine conversation that took place between my friend Caroline and a random stranger, at the summit of Macchu Picchu, in Peru, while she was on vacation there:

Random stranger, sitting down to eat lunch next to Caroline: "Hey."
    Caroline: "Oh, you speak English, hi."
    Random stranger: "How do you like Peru?"
    Caroline: "It's awesome, I love it."
    Random stranger: "Me too, had you been here before?"
    Caroline: "No, never. You?"
    Random stranger: "No. Where are you from?"
    Caroline: "London, England."
    Random stranger: "Oh, cool, I've never been there but I have a friend there."
    Caroline: "Really?"
    Random stranger: "Yeah, his name's John."
    Caroline (joking): "Ha, I don't suppose he's married to a woman named Susan and they have a son called Richard and a daughter named Alice?"
    Random stranger (in total shock): "Uhh..... actually...... yes."
    Caroline (in total shock): "Holy shit... I work with that guy..."

Small world.
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken