Thread: Question #2

Default Question #2

I can't take this liquid diet shit anymore. I'm not getting enough food. But I tried some Chinese food last night and that made me sick. And I just tried a couple of bites of salad and now I feel like I'm going to spew romaine. Any suggestions? I'm allergic to soy, so I know that knocks a lot of shit out of the box from the get go. I like those Naked juices and I've been doing smoothies too, but again, I'm still hungry. I need meat. Can you grind up like pastrami or scrambled eggs or something in a blender? And would it work?

Again, any suggestions you might have would be much appreciated. I decided I'm just going to let the internets live my life for me for awhile. So I'm open to just about anything. Just don't kill me.

Okay thanks.

Default Re: Question #2

have you tried soup with veggies and chicken? you might be able to slide some of that by with the broth. that was the only thing ive been able to keep down the last couple of days.
    '03 '04 '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '12 '13 '13

Banned

Pho.

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    Pho.
    The fuck? Details plz.

Also, Kimery, I drank a really good tomato garlic one they have down here the other day, but I don't know if I could eat the big chunks of chicken in like a traditional soup. What if I put the soup in a blender? That would work yeah?

Mob,

Due to the severity of the illness you went through your stomach needs to slowly get reintroduced to solid foods again. The only thing I can suggest is sticking to what is called the "BRAT" diet. Which is Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast. Also drink ALOT of Gatorade. After being on this diet for at least a week or two you can then begin introducing small amounts of meat and other regular foods. AND DON'T DRINK ANY ALCOHOL. I also wanted to tell you about your little Sprite addiction, that shit does not help at all. Replace it with water and Gatorade.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Are you fucking kidding me? Toast? I appreciate the sentiment and all, but that's not helping yo. I said I'm HUNGRY. Fuck what modern medicine thinks, Donger needs FOOD.

What about 7-UP then? You're right about that part, I can't seem to stop. It's like it got lodged into my brain somewhere and now all I want is that lemon-lime goodness. It's like my security blanket or something.
    Last edited by mob roulette; 08-02-2007 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mob roulette View Post
    The fuck? Details plz.

Also, Kimery, I drank a really good tomato garlic one they have down here the other day, but I don't know if I could eat the big chunks of chicken in like a traditional soup. What if I put the soup in a blender? That would work yeah?
    Blend some kind of a bisque or chowder. They're thick enough that it's not going to be unpleasant to eat them after they've been through a blender.

They're also heavy enough that you are going to feel FULL. Remember full?

Mob, I think you are the first know case of falling prey to subLEMONal advertising, there may not be a way out. Good luck.

Mob, carbonated drinks in general are not such a great idea but this is even more crucial if your stomach is in a sensitive state. Inorder for your stomach to be able to even handle solid foods again it has to be prepped. That is what the BRAT diet is for. Stop drinking soda, seriously, it is just going to prolong the stomach sensitivity even more, replace it with Gatorade and water and you will be able to eat normally in no time. Just start the BRAT diet today and continue it through the weekend and maybe by next week you will be able to eat a small amount of solid food.

Banned

The fuck? Details plz.

Some of the best eats you will ever indulge in....its a Vietnamese dish.

Phở is served as a bowl of white rice noodles in clear beef broth, with thin cuts of beef (steak, fatty flank, lean flank, brisket). Variations featuring tendon, tripe, meatballs, chicken leg, chicken breast, or other chicken organs (heart, liver, etc.) are also available.

Tastes 1000 x better than it sounds.

See? That's what I'm talking about. Thanks J. I am going to go hunt down a Vietnamese place post fucking haste.

Toast. Jesus. I really do appreciate what you are trying to do for me, but sheesh. Are you like a lobbyist for the starch industry or something? Or do you get points off the sales of bananas or what?

I will try to quit drinking soda though. The bisque/chowder idea also sounded very sensible. Thank you.

Let's go make up threads now that have nothing to do with Daft Punk or Ed Banger now. Or me. We can do it, I just know we can.

Just kidding! Just kidding! Justice RULES. I know I know I know.
    Last edited by mob roulette; 08-02-2007 at 02:20 PM.

What happened to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

See? That's what I'm talking about. Thanks J. I am going to go hunt down a Vietnamese place post fucking haste.

Toast. Jesus. I really do appreciate what you are trying to do for me, but sheesh. Are you like a lobbyist for the starch industry or something? Or do you get points off the sales of bananas or what?

I will try to quit drinking soda though. The bisque/chowder idea also sounded very sensible. Thank you.

Let's go make up threads now that have nothing to do with Daft Punk or Ed Banger now. Or me. We can do it, I just know we can.

Just kidding! Just kidding! Justice RULES. I know I know I know.
    Just trying to make sure you have a good recovery, alot of people fuck up their recovery by ignoring their sensitive stomachs and giving in to foods they should not have yet, do what you want, I'm just advising you what works.

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    Some of the best eats you will ever indulge in....its a Vietnamese dish.

Phở is served as a bowl of white rice noodles in clear beef broth, with thin cuts of beef (steak, fatty flank, lean flank, brisket). Variations featuring tendon, tripe, meatballs, chicken leg, chicken breast, or other chicken organs (heart, liver, etc.) are also available.

Tastes 1000 x better than it sounds.
    Great suggestion

I just came back from having this for lunch.

just a warning...I had massive stomach issues last year. If I felt even mildly better, I'd try eating meat...bad idea. ThomThom is pretty much dead on. All I ate for a few days was bananas, toast, pasta (tiny bit of butter), soup and gatorade

Yeah, TT was right; I was on that diet once when I had a really bad stomach flu, as was my daughter. Those are the least irritating things.

Hey, how about peanut butter? Loaded with protien so it'll help you feel full and you can stick it in shakes/ice cream.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I always knew you were bitter because you were fat.

Try (soy-free) protein smoothies. My grandpa, who's gastronomically compromised at the moment, drinks one a day. He gets the powder stuff that you mix in with drinks, and he takes it right now with cranberry juice. They work fine in Naked Juice, though. The protein in the smoothies will replace the protein you would usually get from meat. It doesn't taste like steak, but it doesn't taste like a huge glass of horrible, either, and you'll be full.

Please spend as much of your downtime during recovery posting on this board.

And have like 10 pieces of toast...what about lopping on a bunch of peanut butter?! How about Eggo waffles with peanut butter and syrup? Jesus, I'm getting hungry now. That shit is good. Those Eggo waffles are pretty easy to digest I would think. Maybe peanut butter not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Banned

"How about Eggo waffles with peanut butter and syrup?"

So fucking good.....I agree with Yablo here.

I'm gonna have to try that peanut butter/eggo/syrup thing. After enjoying my daughter's peanut butter and cinnamon sandwich thing, I'm willing to try more peanut butter combos. (sorry, no help here mob)
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

I've always dug a snack of cinnamon graham crackers and peanut butter myself.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths