Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

Default Question

Okay, so my sister is overseas and I'm trying to send her some mp3's. I want to send her the new Feist, the Laura Viers, and the last three Spoon records. I put each in a zip file but neither gmail nor my outlook is letting me send them. They're not saying "file too large" or anything, though this is what I suspect. Is there a better way I can send these without having to open up a sendspace or megaupload account or whatever it is the kids use now? I mean, I'll do that if I have to but I don't want to have to spend the money if they're charging for it. She's not THAT goddamned cool.

So anyway, suggestions? Please don't be an ass about it if you can help it as I don't make fun of you for not knowing how to do things that I do. Can you close? Can you keep an office full of fucking gangsters happy while maintaining your bottom line? Can you run payroll for over five hundred employees? Well okay then.

Kthx. Kisses!

mb

Default Re: Question

Mob, how large are the files?

Torrent? Superseed it and it'll be ace. Or SLSK.
    Bicycle, you're keeping me sane.

Well, just taking the Feist one as an example, when I click properties, it says 45.1 MB, which doesn't make any sense to me because it's supposed to be compressed? Maybe that's how big the record is when you unzip it. But shouldn't putting it in a zip file make it smaller?

I told you, I have no idea what i'm doing here. How do I do torrent, if that is in fact the answer?

Yes, definitely Zip it. That will compress the files.

They're already zipped yo.

Damn, they are large...I'm going to ask one of my techies.

Also, looks like Gmail's limit is 15mb.

Mob, what about using IM to direct transfer?

You don't have to open an account to use MegaUpload. If you can't find a suitable alternative, you ought to just upload it to MU.

Sometimes MegaUpload makes you wait a certain amount of time in between things. To combat that, what I would do is compress all of them into one file. Megaupload lets you send up to 500mb without an account, so you should be able to make them all fit.

Then, just go to the upload page and click the button right next to where it says "Megaupload" and select your file. Click that you agree to the terms of service, and enter some sort of file description. Or note, or limerick, or whatever. Or gibberish.

Then click "send" and leave the window open until it's finished uploading. It can take awhile if you aren't on good internet. Or if you are. Or if you look at it wrong. Or whatever.

Then just email the link.

i want to hear more about the office full of gangsters.
    '03 '04 '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '12 '13 '13

That's actually really good advice, Hannah. Combining them like that. I will try it. Thanks.

Also, Kimery:

Freals. You don't want no part of this. And they all think they're playing the Vin Fucking Diesel part. Sometimes I have to close my door. Like a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mob roulette View Post
    That's actually really good advice, Hannah. Combining them like that. I will try it. Thanks.

Also, Kimery:

Freals. You don't want no part of this. And they all think they're playing the Vin Fucking Diesel part. Sometimes I have to close my door. Like a lot.
    Requo!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    You don't have to open an account to use MegaUpload. If you can't find a suitable alternative, you ought to just upload it to MU.

Sometimes MegaUpload makes you wait a certain amount of time in between things. To combat that, what I would do is compress all of them into one file. Megaupload lets you send up to 500mb without an account, so you should be able to make them all fit.

Then, just go to the upload page and click the button right next to where it says "Megaupload" and select your file. Click that you agree to the terms of service, and enter some sort of file description. Or note, or limerick, or whatever. Or gibberish.

Then click "send" and leave the window open until it's finished uploading. It can take awhile if you aren't on good internet. Or if you are. Or if you look at it wrong. Or whatever.

Then just email the link.
    I'd actually recommend yousendit and even sending it in more than one file if you have to. Their limit is 100 MB, but they don't make you sit on your butt for 45 seconds. It's irritating, I think. You probably do have to register, but it's free and you get like one email a month from them. Set it up to go to spam and you're golden. If I have any file 100mb or less, I always use yousend it. It's just a better, more sleak and muss free file transfer site. IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

If he uses Yousendit, both he and his sister have to sign up AND he has to do it several times instead of being able to just send it in one file.

i like using www.zshare.net
    100 MB limit. you don't need to sign up.
    but you'd have to upload the files individually.

MEGAUPLOAD!

That's it. I'm getting a fucking box. And some packing peanuts. If the cost of the cardboard and the styrofoam and the postage is more than twenty bucks, I guess she'll just be stuck listening to Taiwanese throat singing then. Or whatever they have over there.

mob - just zip them all together and megaupload them like hannah said. it's easy and better for the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    If he uses Yousendit, both he and his sister have to sign up AND he has to do it several times instead of being able to just send it in one file.
    It takes half a minute to sign up, which is less than the 45 second wait of megaupload, plus megaupload has lots of annoying visual things and fucking irritating pop up ads. NO MEGAUPLOAD MOB! Don't listen to Hannah.

Wake up and smell the coffee, James. She is just leading you down the Primrose path.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Don't trust him, Mob. Yablo's just trying to lure you to yousendit so he can jump out from behind the address bar and club you over the head with a lead pipe and knock you unconscious. I clicked some link that he posted once and I woke up two weeks later in a pink dungeon wearing a chicken suit.

This is getting juicy. What if I wanted to upload an old pair of shoes? What service would be best for that?

I haven't read the whole thread...so someone might have said this, but, open a Yousendit account, its free for the first like 4 GB's.

Quote Originally Posted by ewiggy View Post
    mob - just zip them all together and megaupload them like hannah said. it's easy and better for the environment.
    This worked by the way. Thank you. She hasn't picked them up yet, so the transaction isn't complete, but we're halfway there. It took like 45 minutes to upload though. And I'm on Broadband. Weird.

Well, five albums is a lot. It usually takes me about 15 minutes for a 20ish song mix. So, not that weird.

PS: Suck it, Yablo.

GODDAMN IT, IT DIDN'T WORK.

"All the Taiwan slots are busy right now. Please try again later."

What? Goddamn it, I knew this was too good to be true. I just spent like an hour BURNING physical copies and PRINTING cover art and song titles on PHOTOGRAPHIC matte paper and CUTTING and PASTING THEM TOGETHER so as to form something resembling the ACTUAL ALBUM INSERT. It was a lot of fucking work too.

Greg, I'm so sorry for not trusting you. Can you ever forgive me?

Goddamnit.

Bonnie and Clyde are SO done.

This is all your fault, you know. You should have warned me about the fucking foreign exchange rate. Or something.

Ohmygod. Roberto's totally looking at you. Don't look. DON'T LOOK. Ohmygod.

It's because we're both Super Sexy. We might even start our own Super Sexy Club because we're so sexy. So there. Yes, Yablo, you can come.