Thread: Question #3 (Possibly NSFW)

Default Question #3 (Possibly NSFW)

How come every time you come around, my London, London Bridge wanna go down?

Okay, so wait. I don't get it. I understand that this is a fairly hot track and probably one of the better dance songs of the last couple of years, but I don't quite get the metaphor here. Does the term "London Bridge" refer to her girly parts or what? I know that she is no stranger to naming her own body parts (see "My Humps" for further evidence of this), or is this simply some new type of urban slang? Or do the words "London Bridge" refer to a sexual ACT of some kind? Like if she were laying prone on her back and had her knees raised, but then allowed them to drop to the ground in opposite directions, thereby offering unfettered access to her aforementioned girly parts, would that be a "London Bridge"? Or is it just a dance move of some kind, like when you drop it like it's hot? If she were to bend at the knees and then lower her backside towards the dance floor (ostensibly to again offer better access to her paramour, who would be what, LAYING on the dance floor?), would that be a "London Bridge"? Or even creepier, is a "London Bridge" the act of RELAXING her girly parts during the period of initial sexual arousal, meaning that the outer lips of said girly parts (sorry, trying to keep it clean as possible here) would become more pliable as the arousal went on, thereby allowing them to separate to reveal the real treasure within? If THIS were true, this would seem that I, as the listener, am receiving WAY too much information about Fergie and her body here, much more than I WANTED to know anyway. On the other hand, I don't know, it might also be construed as being somewhat empowering for women or at the very least, incredibly subversive for your run of the mill pop song. Or even stranger still, is she simply referring to herself here? Is SHE the "London Bridge"? The bridge that wants to go down on her chosen sexual partner for the evening? The video below seemed to sort of support this last theory but wasn't much help otherwise:

Anyway, I really am finding myself sort of perplexed by this. It's kind of fascinating. The fuck is she talking about here? If it's nothing in particular, why use the phrase "London Bridge" at all? It seems like an awfully long way to go just to make a catchy chorus. Also, it's just so oddly specific that it seems like it would have to signify SOMETHING. Thoughts? Clarification is much needed here and any thoughts or advice you might have on the subject will be extremely appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by mob roulette; 08-04-2007 at 06:47 PM.

Default Re: Question #3 (Possibly NSFW)

can i subscribe to your newsletter?
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

i see london, i see france
    fergie is a fucking moron.

Searching for meaning in a Fergie song. Sheesh.

If I were convinced that she actually meant something by it, I'd probably interpret it as letting her guard down and just going for it. Getting rid of inhibitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Searching for meaning in a Fergie song. Sheesh.
    So what, I'm supposed to take everything the pop strumpets of today say on faith alone? Somehow I think not. They better qualify these little declarations of sexuality, if only for the simple fact that our CHILDREN might be listening to these songs AT ANY MOMENT. YOUR children, Hannah. I ask you, WHO WILL SAVE THE GODDAMNED CHILDREN?!?!?!

This is pretty clearly an important issue for all of us. Best to address it now.

Say strumpet again.

For a while I thought it meant that "everytime you come around, my water breaks."

What do you mean "fairly hot track??" It's simply fErGaLiCiOuS!

MR - Like if she were laying prone on her back and had her knees raised, but then allowed them to drop to the ground in opposite directions, thereby offering unfettered access to her aforementioned girly parts, would that be a "London Bridge"?

Yes, it is a London Bridge and I think she is talking about a sexual act of some sort. However, London Bridge does not split in half! The girl is getting it mixed up with Tower Bridge. Now, Tower Bridge does split and is lifted approximately 1000 times a year to allow tall ships, cruise ships, naval vessels and other large craft to pass through.
    Its all a matter of doing your homework.
    Hope that helps clear things up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by clarky123; 08-05-2007 at 12:10 AM.

I don't remember where i read it or who said it, but i do remember something about her london bridge being her panties. ever time you come around my panties drop i guess. fucking meth whore
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    MR - Like if she were laying prone on her back and had her knees raised, but then allowed them to drop to the ground in opposite directions, thereby offering unfettered access to her aforementioned girly parts, would that be a "London Bridge"?

Yes, it is a London Bridge and I think she is talking about a sexual act of some sort. However, London Bridge does not split in half! The girl is getting it mixed up with Tower Bridge. Now, Tower Bridge does split and is lifted approximately 1000 times a year to allow tall ships, cruise ships, naval vessels and other large craft to pass through.
    Uhhh.

I don't think she's talking about a current alterable bridge. I'm pretty sure she's referring to the children's song.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Uhhh.

I don't think she's talking about a current alterable bridge. I'm pretty sure she's referring to the children's song.
    I don't think she has any idea what she is talking about. Just spouting poop from her poop mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Nice imagery.

London Bridge is falling down,
    Falling down, falling down,
    London Bridge is falling down,
    My fair Lady.

Build it up with wood and clay,
    Wood and clay, wood and clay,
    Build it up with wood and clay,
    My fair Lady.

Wood and clay will wash away,
    Wash away, wash away,
    Wood and clay will wash away,
    My fair Lady.

Build it up with bricks and mortar,
    Bricks and mortar, bricks and mortar,
    Build it up with bricks and mortar,
    My fair Lady.

Bricks and mortar will not stay,
    Will not stay, will not stay,
    Bricks and mortar will not stay,
    My fair Lady.

Build it up with iron and steel,
    Iron and steel, iron and steel,
    Build it up with iron and steel,
    My fair Lady.

Iron and steel will bend and bow,
    Bend and bow, bend and bow,
    Iron and steel will bend and bow,
    My fair Lady.

Build it up with silver and gold,
    Silver and gold, silver and gold,
    Build it up with silver and gold,
    My fair Lady.

Silver and gold will be stolen away,
    Stolen away, stolen away,
    Silver and gold will be stolen away,
    My fair Lady.

Set a man to watch all night,
    Watch all night, watch all night,
    Set a man to watch all night,
    My fair Lady.

Suppose the man should fall asleep,
    Fall asleep, fall asleep,
    Suppose the man should fall asleep?
    My fair Lady.

Give him a pipe to smoke all night,
    Smoke all night, smoke all night,
    Give him a pipe to smoke all night,
    My fair Lady.

That seems like one hard to please bitch. I mean bridge.

I always thought it was the musical version of this:

I'm willing to admit, however, that I misinterpreted her lyrics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

However, London Bridge does not split in half! The girl is getting it mixed up with Tower Bridge.
    This is a good point too actually. The London Bridge isn't even a drawbridge, nor is the original London Bridge even in London anymore. They shipped it to the desert. Also, if I understand the original nursery rhyme, London Bridge was falling down because it actually did a few times in the eleventh and twelfth century. What this has to do with Fergie, I have no idea. Maybe the whole song is just a play on her tongue-in-cheek name (Fergie, Sarah/Stacy Ferguson, etc.) Maybe it's just clever marketing. Or not so clever, actually.

The mystery deepens.

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

Yup, the good folks over at Lake Havasu made the same error and bought a bridge that nobody gives a fuck about!
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

Maybe by including the word "London" in the title she thought it would make her sound more "cosmopolitan" and less, oh what's the word....."skanky"!

I'm just sayin'...
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

Quote Originally Posted by John Peel is My Co-pilot View Post
    Yup, the good folks over at Lake Havasu made the same error and bought a bridge that nobody gives a fuck about!

Yes John, I walk over what is called London Bridge every day on my way to work and it is totally meaningless!
    However, I've got to admit I'm now slightly confused about all this and I would be very unhappy if the "Original" is being used by Americans as some sort of "cheap sideshow" for golf, fishing, skiing, kayaking and houseboating enthusiasts!