Thread: cooler?

Default cooler?

is bringing a cooler necessary? i figure if i bring one i'd have to try to find ice once i get there.. too much of a hassle?

Default Re: cooler?

i'm planning on bringing a cooler and mostly all my own food. i read the faq's and it says there is a general store on site that will be selling ice bags. so, that shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Dudleyville, AZ (yes, it's a real place!)

I'd say it isn't necessary, but it is a money saver if you don't want to spend a bunch on breakfast and munchies late at night. Also, the general store usually runs out of ice pretty quickly, so keep that in mind. Like GTI Girl says, freeze your beverages (not soda) and pack 'em in your cooler, and you won't need to buy so much ice.
    I don't have anything clever to say right now.
    Tiff's Myspace

hmm, well what time do the food areas open and close each day? and around how much would a meal cost or a bottle of water?

Wink Re: cooler?

Quote Originally Posted by tiffdud41 View Post
    I'd say it isn't necessary, but it is a money saver if you don't want to spend a bunch on breakfast and munchies late at night. Also, the general store usually runs out of ice pretty quickly, so keep that in mind. Like GTI Girl says, freeze your beverages (not soda) and pack 'em in your cooler, and you won't need to buy so much ice.
    yep, I brought a good size cooler and froze around 24 waters/teas and I left Monday with some still half frozen. I got one bag of ice sat, even though I really didn't need it. Also be smart and don't leave your cooler out in the sun all day. I put mine in the shade or tent, and that might have been why it lasted so long. Also it was hot enough out side that holding a drink in your hands for a few min, or sitting it in the sun, melted most of it. Trust me, you will love it when you get back at 12:30am and want to drink something ice cold.
    "my ovaries are bigger than your testicles"

"Procrastination is like masturbation...It feels good until you realize you're screwing yourself"