Thread: Why is my cat so sad?

Default Re: Why is my cat so sad?

Tessa

maybe your breath stinks
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    My cat has a new boyfriend. He is Siamese.... kind of a stud. I like this boy cat he seems like a decent loving cat. My cat sits at the front window every night and this boy cat comes around bearing gifts about 10:00 at night over the past week I have found a bird, baby rabbit and a mouse on my door stop. My cat never goes outside so I think he is just wasting his time, but hes pretty sweet.

Anyways find your cat a lady cat to impress.
    Thats a cool cat man.

skibbidy bop!
    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

You must have named him Miles for a reason.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    Tessa

maybe your breath stinks
    i dont see how that would have anything to do with Miles being sad, as i don't breathe on him.

and YES, beef, our cats def need to hang out and listen to the smiths. roberto, your cat is way too pimp for my cat. look at that posture. ewig, i love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post

and YES, beef, our cats def need to hang out and listen to the smiths.
    Wouldn't that depress them even more?

sometimes you just gotta let it take you over. just for a little while.

old school

While many cats enjoy being outside where they can hunt prey and explore their surroundings, it's a myth that going outside is a requirement for feline happiness. Playing regularly with a cat easily satisfies her stalking instinct, keeps her stimulated, and provides the exercise she needs to stay healthy and happy. In fact, the indoor cat who gets lots of attention and playtime is likely happier than the indoor-outdoor cat who is generally ignored by her human companions.

Here are some tips for safely confining your cat and making the great indoors an interesting, feline-friendly environment that meets all of your cat's needs.

Start young. Kittens who are kept indoors usually show no desire to venture outside when they grow up.

Provide a screened porch or other safe way for your cat to experience the outdoors. Consider building or purchasing a "cat fence" or similar enclosure. Such an enclosure can allow your cat to experience all the pleasures of the great outdoors without the risks. However, a fence may not prevent animals from entering your yard, so you should always be present when you allow your cat outside. And be sure to cat-proof the yard by checking that the fence has no escape routes and by making toxic plants, garden chemicals, and other dangerous objects inaccessible.

If you live in a peaceful neighborhood in which you can walk without encountering loose dogs, consider buying a harness and training your cat to walk on a leash. This training takes time and patience, for both you and the cat, and it's easiest when your cat is young. Some cats can even be trained to sit on your lap while you are on the deck or patio, or harnessed and tied to a stationary object to enjoy the outdoors while you are gardening nearby (but be sure to never leave your cat alone while she is tied to a stationary object).

Install a perch near a sunny window; padded perches can be purchased at many pet supply stores or through catalog retailers. Another option is an enclosure that sits in a window frame (much like an air conditioning unit) and provides a secure space in which your kitty can "hang out." Larger options are available that attach to the side of a house or ground-floor apartment patio. It's best to allow your cat access to these when someone is home to supervise.

When your cat least expects it, grab your cat throw it up into a ceiling fan.

Buy a ready-made cat tree (often called a "kitty condo"), or make your own. A cat tree may stretch from floor-to-ceiling or be shorter. It provides great climbing opportunities and, in multi-cat households, creates more play and rest areas by taking advantage of vertical space.

Play with your cat each day. Try different types of toys that recreate "fishing," "chasing," and "flying" prey. And leave "toys" such as paper bags and cardboard boxes out when you are not home.

Give your cat a feline friend—they can provide one another with companionship and entertainment.

Plant cat grass (available from pet supply stores) in indoor pots so your feline can graze.

Clean the litter box regularly.

Even cats who are protected from roaming free should still be outfitted with a collar and visible identification. The occasional open window (make sure your windows have secure screens) or door offers a tempting opportunity for your cat to explore the outdoors. And your cat may become frightened and make her way outside if strangers come to work on your house or if there is a fire or similar disaster. The collar and visible ID could help someone get your pet back to you. For extra insurance, consider having your cat microchipped. If you do lose your cat, contact your local animal shelter immediately to file a report. Shelter workers can give you tips on getting your pet back home safely. Also read our tips for finding a lost pet.
    I am going to get so blown to Cypress Hill while they play.

Banned

Banned

My 11 year old cat Homer was kind of a bitch to everyone but me for years. Last October I brought home a couple new kitties (Bez and Nomi) to add some new life around the house, and Homer was pretty unhappy about it (peed on the wall right next to me the night I brought home the 2nd).
    After about 5 months with the new kitties, I started catching them giving each other tongue baths & wrestling a lot. Homer started genuinely turning into a better cat, and became no longer reclusive and bitter when I have friends over. I am pretty sure he now appreciates the company.
    So your cat will almost certainly hate new kitties at first, they will eventually come around and probably be a better cat for it.

Your cat needs laser vision!

I found Miles out on the street when he was a kitten. Totally freaked out and infested with fleas. So I took him to the vet and cleaned him up and brought him home as my own. He was about 4 months old when I got him, so most of his childhood was spent outdoors. As you can see in the picture, my extra bed is right up against a window, so when I'm at home, I open it and let him lie up against the screen and look out. A couple weeks ago tho, the screen broke so now I can't open it up hardly at all or he gets out. That could be the source of his sadness.

Also, he used to play with our dog Dolce all the time cause they're about the same size. They loved eachother. But this past christmas, we bought a new puppy named Dylan who has completely taken Miles' place as Dolce's play friend. So now they gang up and chase Miles around and bark at him, and then play with eachother for hours. I think this could be a big source of Miles' sadness.

Also, Nando, that was an awesome article. Did you take it off wiki? Cause I laughed when i got to this part:
    When your cat least expects it, grab your cat throw it up into a ceiling fan.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Feed your cat ecstasy. I gave a two year old some a little while back and she seemed to really enjoy it. There's video of it somewhere on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

I brought my cat, Ms. Moneypenny, a kitten I found in my backyard. Now the other cat, Chiquita, lives with us. They've pretty much ignored eachother for years. They aren't depressed or anything. They just avoid eachother.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Coachella Junkie

I know this lady. She lived with my high school friend's family. She's been running that pet psychic scam for a long time. I was making fun of her long before the television viewing audience got the opportunity. She's a bitch who took my vodka.

Banned

My friends mom used to spend up to $500 a month on phone calls to that lady and her half hour sessions to "read" her cats. This was before she had her TV show.

Coachella Junkie

High five.

Banned

fo reals.

Banned

fingers at Four and Seven o'clock, squeeze.

haha sick.

corbo:

Thursday 5:00-6:00 Lost Season 4—If the Lost finale was any indication of things to come, you will not want to miss this panel! Co-creator/executive producer Damon Lindelof and executive producer Carlton Cuse will discuss the exciting new season of ABC's Lost, all leading up to the ultimate series finale. They'll spotlight bonus features from the 3rd season DVD box set, preview the new Lost video game, take questions from the audience, and perhaps serve up more surprises. Ballroom 20

Banned

Will this game be a MMorpg!!!!??

Yes.

kinda bummed i can't go.

i fucking hate pussies who dont get wet after i make them happy, im sorry

thats great. i love it.

cats are my fav.
    one day when i get really old i wanna have little tiger cubs. then when they grow up, they can eat me and i dont have to be buried...

fingers at Four and Seven o'clock, squeeze.

You know, I've been pretty bummed lately. Can you make me a diagram for the same procedure?

now that you've identified the causes of his sadness, what are you going to do to make up for the fact that you won't let him outside and you brought a new animal into the house that has stolen all the attention?

you need to do something to make him feel special. buy him a spectacular toy, or better yet one of these cat tents from ikea!

give him lots of praise and affection so that he knows he's still your guy. cats like to feel special, you see.

Banned

So by me calling my cat a slut or "Hi slutty kitty!" Im making her become a slut?

at least your cat didnt get burned, tessa!
    your cat is spoiled! there's less fortunate ones out there that he doesnt know about!

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/1370...s=dgo&psp=news

i really think i do need to play with him more. should i buy him a cat tree?