Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what did you do this weekend

Default what did you do this weekend

I pretended I didn't have a sinus infection on Friday and went out to dinner and shopping. Then I pretended I didn't have a sinus infection on Saturday and waited for two hours in line for Cafe Du Nord to open up to see Spoon and Rogue Wave but they sold out before my turn. Met some nice people in line though. Hung out in the Castro and went drunken Amoeba shopping and ended up with some truly random things, including Songs:Ohia Lioness on vinyl (I don't have a record player.) I finally couldn't pretend I didn't have a sinus infection anymore today so I skipped Os Mutantes but I heard from my friends they sucked. I watched disc 1 of season 1 of the Sopranos.

How about you guys?

I know somebody moved...

Default Re: what did you do this weekend

Friday, went to the Interpol listening/release party at the LA history museum and left completely underwhelmed, found shelter at a bar shortly after. Saturday, did nothing but smoke, drink, and homework, then went and had sushi. Sunday, saw Harry Potter in IMAX 3D, expected more for some odd reason, got mcdonalds came home having a beer while on the Coach board.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

I hung out at the beach all day Saturday. Then walked down the block and went to a new upscale Italian place, spent way too much money on dinner for two (the two bottles of wine didn't help)

Today I went to a house warming party
    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

Friday night I went to Uva's restaurant for some surprise birthday dinner/party thing for my dad's girlfriend's daughter's fiance. About 40 or so people were there. It's a really fancy upscale restaurant with a live jazz band, bar and the whole works. But people were making a big deal about who was gonna sit where, which made me end switching chairs like 5 times, which just killed the mood for the night (I really didn't wanna go to begin with, it was also my 2-year old nephew's bday that night at my brother's house - but my spot for this dinner was already reserved and paid for). The fact that I was surrounded by cute waitresses all over didn't help either though, in fact I think I avoided all eye contact with them.

Finally got home right before 12am, which I then went to bed, woke up at 8:30am the next morning and went to my dad's friends house to fix this guy's computer (it sucks being the only computer/electronic intelligent person in my family). Anyway, that took an hour...came home, and tried getting out this nice Onkyo record player we have (we also have a Technics direct drive system as well) but it wouldn't spin, so I have no idea what's wrong.

So after that, I gave up on tinkering with electronic shit for a while, and ended up watching Blood Diamond that night, which I liked. Then I slept in today until noon, which then I got up, ate a ham sandwich with a Dr. Pepper, then went and watched Batman Begins for the first time, liked that too...then did nothing productive except take a few pictures of the big dipper tonight, surfed, and ate some rice-a-roni. Now I gotta go to bed and work tomorrow. Blah...

I worked all weekend. And today, Lamb of God parked FOUR freaking tourbusses in front of the my workplace, and nobody could park. There were metalheads EVERYWHERE. And when I left, I had to wade through them, but I of course picked today to wear a black t shirt and 16 eye boots, and I have a nose ring and a few extra earrings, so instead of letting me pass through, they tried to assimilate me.

Other than that, the house was empty so I played a lot of guitar and made a lot of messes with various projects.

just came back from the bowl. groove armada & cafe tacuba were good. yesterday i saw harry potter (the only potter film ive enjoyed all the way thru)
    friday went bowling. all in all it was a good weekend

I heard groove armada "absolutely fucking leveled the place with awesomeness."

I got home at 8:30am Friday morning and went to bed. Woke up at around 4:00pm to have dinner with my aunts, uncles and parents. We played drunk bocce all evening and then pulled out the cards and the bottle of grain alcohol at around 9pm. I then went to work at 10:30 and hung out with some drunk Aussie foxes.

Got home Saturday morning at around 8:30am, went to bed. Woke up around 3:00pm and hung out with more of the family that came to town. We left the grain alcohol in the cupboard, but got drunk on Pilsner instead. I love vitamin P. We had a bbq and I told my grandma about my engagement. We played Bocce, this time I was much better and won a few games. Had a waterfight. Went to work at around 10:30pm and yelled at a drunk Aussie guy. Said Aussie guy later passed out on the front lawn. I fucking hate Aussies.

Got home around 8:30am on Sunday morning, woke up at around 3:00pm and sat around in my skivvies watching Cowboy Bebop and eating cheesecake. Went to work around 10:30 and sat around on the message boards and Facebook.

Weeeeeeeee!
    Bicycle, you're keeping me sane.

Friday after work, went to eat dinner with a couple of friends.. stopped by a get together my co-workers were throwing, free booze is always fun.. and winning at beer pong get another people drunk..

Saturday woke up ran some errands went shopping for my sis.. friends called me up to meet them at the oc fair for she wants revenge, got cheap tickets and they were actually good. came back to west la went to meet up with another group of friends at a hookah bar.. chain smoked like hell and drank stella, left at like 2am, passed out when I got home..

Today was my sister's graduation ceremony, she had in santa monica at the fairmount hotel, was pretty relaxing today met up with family and ate at cpk which I never get sick of..pizza and salad ooooo

It was a chill weekend I gotta say.

my fish died on saturday night and i was really sad for the rest of the weekend.

sorry about your fish LB

thanks foi.

Interpol DJ thing at the Natural History Museum on Friday, VIP ruled. Worked yesterday if you coudl even call it that since it was so slow. Then me and my dad went Gambling at Morongo Casion.(My dad won a s**tload I left with just over $400) got back at 4am, didnt sleep until 5:30. Woke up at liek 11ish today, watch some soccer on TV. Went to the Hollywood Bowl to see Cafe Tacuba and Groove Aramada, got a hot dog afterwards.(the lady is charging more now, I might complain next time) took the subway back home, got a coke at 7-11 cause hot dog lady sells no drinks anymore, and now I am here typing.

Friday: tried getting a hold of my friend to use her food stamp card to buy groceries. She never answered the phone and I'd run out of food completely so I broke down and picked up a few things from the store, mostly just milk and cereal so I wouldn't have to spend too much. Hit the gym and had a good work-out.

Saturday: got up early to buy tickets to see Smashing Pumpkins on September 16. Hung out with my friend Robbie while his car was at the repair shop. We ate breakfast at Popeye's chicken and discussed upcoming concerts, then went to my apartment to trade CDs. Took him to pick up his car and watched Guillermo del Toro's commentary track on Pan's Labyrinth before going to a film discussion group meeting at a tea klatch. I've been making myself go because I've been kind of reclusive lately and I want to shake that but all I end up doing is observing other people's conversations and staring at the table when introducing myself. (I was even excited about an announcement I had this week, one I'd rehearsed on drives to work and at the gym. My movie's screening at this independent film event on the 28th and I was hoping to get people to come out but considering my lack of demonstrative enthusiasm, I doubt anyone from the group will show up.) My producer showed up to talk to one of the people there and I got depressed. She's been not returning my calls lately and was being weird with me.
    I had wanted to hit the bars but the two friends I would have liked to go with were unavailable so I just picked up some liquor and bought a sandwich at Subway and resigned myself to being home alone again. I hoped to get some writing done but ran into my downstairs neighbor when I was taking out the trash. We started talking and decided to walk to the bar behind our apartment complex to get a few drinks. When I got home, I wrote a couple scenes and had a few more drinks and went to bed.

Today: did laundry at my parents house and raided what meager offerings their refrigerator held since I still haven't gotten in touch with my friend for her food stamp card. (I think I'm going to have to break down and just buy groceries on my credit card. After payday this Friday, I'll be fine, it's just these days before then that are going to be rough.) I tried making DVD labels and cover art for my movie but their computer wasn't cooperating so I got fed up and put it off till after I get back from Daft Punk.
    I got really depressed and came home and took a nap. I read a script written by this director of photography I know and took in the monsoon rain (the first I've experienced this season). I'm polishing off the small bottle of Skyy vodka I bought for the weekend (I've decided I'm only going to drink on weekends) and wondering if I'll manage to get more than 5 hours of sleep tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

I have had a sore throat since thursday, so I've been in a pretty crappy mood all weekend.

Friday, I missed out big. I missed a cool night with Mr. Oizo who played a 2 hour set along with the viewing of Daft Punk's 'Electroma'. I then chated with some people on the message board later that night to cry my sorrows away.

Saturday, I was straight sick. Didnt get any sleep the night before and was hacking up phlegm like no tommorow. I had a bowl of soup the entire day and that was it.

Sunday, I got a better night's rest, but not great. I was able to eat a little more and get ready for Gogol Bordello, which I bought tickets in advance and wasn't about to throw away because of a lame sore throat. So I caught up with a fellow Coachella board member (dinosaurateme) and headed to Chicago. Got to the venue on time and thanks to my "secret parking spot" we didnt have to pay for parking. So Dinosaurateme and I headed up to the balcony at the venue, so that we could sit down since I was still not in top form. And then Gogol Bordello went on and totally rocked the joint! The crowd played to Eugene's every move, it was fantastic. They played 2 encore's which ended the set with 2 hours of music. I think it might have been their longest set ever. Worth every penny, just wish I was feeling better so that I was down below in the sea of jumping and moshing people. Best energetic band I've ever seen.

Then after the concert me and dinosaurateme went to the Kwik-E-Mart in Chicago. Turned out to be ultra lame and waste of our time cause we went out of the way to get there. I still got a squishee just for the hell of it.

and I still feel sick...
    ass on the grill

way to coachellaboardmeetup in the midwest.

unless you're talking about a club called Chicago or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    I worked all weekend. And today, Lamb of God parked FOUR freaking tourbusses in front of the my workplace, and nobody could park. There were metalheads EVERYWHERE. And when I left, I had to wade through them, but I of course picked today to wear a black t shirt and 16 eye boots, and I have a nose ring and a few extra earrings, so instead of letting me pass through, they tried to assimilate me.

Other than that, the house was empty so I played a lot of guitar and made a lot of messes with various projects.
    Also, tomorrow night, Tech N9ne and the Kottonmouth Kings are playing, so I'm expecting the same thing. Only much, much worse.

I'm pretty sure hell's going to break loose when they realize that none of the stores downtown sell Faygo.

Start a stand HR. Faygo is delicious pop.

Friday: Couldn't get into see Harry Potter so I saw Ratatouille
    Saturday: Got into see Harry Potter
    Sunday: TV and cleaned out my closet

friday night i went down to third street promenade and read a book at B&N, then met up with my friend alex at coffee bean on wilshire and 9th to sit at their fire pit. they didnt have it on, tho. then my friends joe and sarah randomly saw us walking down the street so they sat down and we talked a while and went back to joe and alex's place and watched youtube videos and talked and did some other stuff. saturday i drove around with alex trying to find a car place open that would change my fucking headlight but no one was. so we ate at a little cafe in their courtyard with the sun shining down and i had one of those turkey sandwiches which tasted like the day after thanksgiving and it was AMAZING. then we went to alex's company's softball game and i cheered him on from the stands. then we drove to playa del rey to chris's red cup party on the beach and sat around the bonfire with gabe and jennie and talked and drank til the cops kicked us out. it was actually the perfect day for me. today i went and got pinkberry (small original with strawberries and blueberries) and met alex and joe at the santa monica library. we walked down to third street promenade and just walked around for a little bit. saw harry potter, which was awesome. then walked up to second spin to shop around/talk to certain employees there. then i came home and watched lost for a little while, then went out on a date, which i just got back from, and now i'm going to sleep. dentist appt in 8 hours. bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

foi that is bogus that you didn't get to see spoon.

on friday at work we had "taco time" in the creative department. that ruled. everyone brought in an ingredient and we made tacos in the conference room. we tricked some dude into trying one of those "holy shit dont eat this" hot sauces. he ate a whole bunch and everyone went "uhhh" when they realized maybe it was a bad idea and maybe he could choke or something. he didn't.

i got off work early and went to PULP THE PARTY which is a new club night that opened up in Tampa. it's a bunch of promoters from Orlando who apparently know how to do things better than regular Tampa folk. Frankie Chan was the featured DJ. this was the night of the Great Jenny Lewis Fakeout of 2007. see confessions for that.

Saturday night i hosted a little come-buy-my-stuff slash going-away party at my house. lots of my good friends turned up and we all drank sangria and had a good time. that was really nice.

today some of my friends came by to pick up furniture and stuff they had bought from me. most of the day was spent online, looking for jobs and reading. i had some carrots earlier, and the package said "Carrot Babies".

On Friday afternoon my friend Lucy sent me a text saying "Hey I have a spare ticket for Kasabian at Somerset House tonight - wanna come?" (she works for Sony records) so I cancelled my previous plans and agreed to go, cause Somerset House is an amazing place to go even if there's nothing going on. I met Lucy and her boyfriend Scott at a pub after work, at about 6pm, and we had a few drinks. They had beer, I had cider. We went into the venue at about 8:30pm and the support band - Pop Levi - (the bassist from Ladytron's solo project) were just coming on. They were okay, but nothing special. So I queued up for the bar and finally got us some more drinks. Kasabian finally came on at 10pm and by this time we were all pretty drunk. I made my way to the front of the crowd and found myself stood next to this hot girl who was randomly shouting "Woo, Kings Of Leon!" and making everyone laugh. I had a conversation with her about Kings Of Leon. Then Kasabian came on and played. They were pretty good, but I am getting kind of bored of them now... this must have been my 8th or 9th time seeing them. Anyway, throughout the show, the hot girl and I were sort of dancing together and talking and she let me share her drink, and then after it ended she asked me for my number and we went our seperate ways. I met up with Lucy and Scott again and the three of us went to a pub in Piccadilly. We had a couple more pints each and decided to go home around 1am and call it a night.

On Saturday morning I woke up with a terrible hangover and looked at my phone and there was a text message saying "Steph?" so I wrote back and said "No, it's Stef, with an F". Then a reply came back; it was the hot girl from the Kasabian gig. We exchanged a few more texts and agreed to go out for drinks this Thursday night. It'll be interesting to see if she's actually hot or if I was just really drunk. I went out to the shops and bought a newspaper and some breakfast and got some empty boxes cause I need to start packing my stuff up this week as I moving house on Saturday. I ate breakfast and read the papers and packed up some CDs and just generally recovered. At about 7pm my friend Paul arrived from Bristol. We had some dinner and then headed out to a bar. We had a couple of beers and played pool and then headed over to a club called "Feeling Gloomy", which is one of my favourite clubs in London - they play the Smiths and the Cure and Joy Division and anything else which could qualify as "gloomy" but which is actually really just awesome music, and there's always a good crowd. A couple of live bands played too; they were okay but I can't remember the names. We stayed there till 4am and then took the bus home, encouraging everyone to sing Bohemian Rhapsody with us on the way.

On Sunday I woke up around noon and went to wake Paul up; he had stayed on my couch. We both had terrible hangovers. We ate breakfast and watched Little Miss Sunshine on DVD. Then at around 3pm we decided to head out to this free music festival which was taking place literally two minutes from my house. We watched St Etienne (boring), Jamelia (okay.. she did a good cover of "Personal Jesus", and "Crazy" by Gnarls) and The Noisettes (pretty good) but then it started to rain really hard so we left. Paul decided to head back home to Bristol, and I went to play badminton with some friends. After badminton I went home and took a quick shower and then went to meet my friends again in a pub, where we stayed and drank and shared some food. Whilst this happened, my friend who was at Latitude called me and let me listen to my ex-band playing their set, over the phone; which felt weird, but okay. Went home around 11pm, watched an awful movie in bed, passed out.
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

Feeling Gloomy sounds fucking great.

Quote Originally Posted by ewiggy View Post
    Feeling Gloomy sounds fucking great.
    It seriously is. On Saturday night at about 2am they played "Flagpola Sitta" by Harvey Danger, which made me jump up and down ecstatically. I am not really sure how that song qualifies as gloomy though. I guess the lyrics are kind of melancholy.
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

I went to go see the nightwatchman in minneapolis on friday. It was an excellent show. I was able to get the audio for it. Not bad. Everything was going good this weekend till I found out prince did 3 shows in minneapolis on saturday. First was macy's department store, then target center, then first avenue(the same venue I seen the nightwatchman at).

Friday:
    Was gonna go see Transformers with the girlfriend, but she was looking as pale as this textbox I'm typing in. We got dinner with some friends then she felt a lot better.

Saturday:
    Had french toast breakfast at around 3, headed into manhattan and checked out a new apartment for my girlfriend up in almost spanish harlem. Cheap rent, cool people living there, looks like she's in. Proceeded to City College for some Gotham Girls Roller Derby, which kicked ass. Afterwards we all went to Senor Swanky's, which for you non-NYC types is a semi-lame Mexican chain in manhattan. It's not terrible, but it's not great either. Our waitress was as dumb as a post and didn't really get the whole separate checks deal.
    Sunday:
    Got up around 12:30, 1...got breakfast at DnD around 3 and headed to the movie theater for some Transformers action. Movie was awesome for a transformers fan and was an all-around good summer movie. Got Outback afterwards. Enjoyed some Alice Springs Chicken, a Sam Adams Summer Ale and a Chocolate Thunder From Down Under.

old school

you went to the derby bout? my roommate is one of the refs.

Friday night: Got off of work, picked up a mini Heineken keg, had some friends come over to celebrate a friend's birthday. Headed over to the Bohemian Beer Garden and drank about a dozen pitchers of Czech beer with friends.

Saturday: Met up with two of my friends that went home with chicks and got brunch. Drove my birthday friend home from a lady's apartment. Came back home, watched 'Drop Dead Gorgeous' and ordered some Thai Food.
    Fell asleep after watching Arcade Fire on SNL.

Sunday: Woke up and met up with some friends of my GF who are in town from Berkeley. Got some brunch. Went to McCarren Pool for free shows and some free whiskey thanks to Dewars. Then headed to a BBQ and played some flip cup. Took an overpriced cab home. Watched 'Meadowlands' and fell asleep on the couch.
    I am going to get so blown to Cypress Hill while they play.

i dressed up as a woman and hit on Stef at a Kings of Leon concert
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

on friday i packed and moved stuff to my new place all day leaving only the big items.

on saturday I waited for the movers for 6 hours and they never showed up and stopped answering their phone when it was too late to find other movers. i had a friend at my new place who let in the phone guy and I made it in time for cable guy, who did hook up my cable but did not bring me a dvr hd box.

sunday the new movers showed up so I finished moving, finally. and went to have indian food dinner. mmmmmm
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Banned

Random stuff.