Page 116 of 144 FirstFirst ... 111112113114115116117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,480 of 4312

Thread: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

  1. #3451

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Looks like the Coachella Valley is getting it's own brewery:

    http://www.kesq.com/news/Local-brewe...z/-/index.html

  2. #3452
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    8,422

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by alpharuin View Post
    Looks like the Coachella Valley is getting it's own brewery:

    http://www.kesq.com/news/Local-brewe...z/-/index.html
    Maybe Coachella will make their brew an option since they're trying to help out the local community/economy
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

  3. #3453
    Coachella Junkie getbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East Palo Alto
    Posts
    8,187

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    I plan on bringing canned Sculpin which sounds amazing for hot weather.

    Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14


    Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.



  4. #3454
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    8,422

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I plan on bringing canned Sculpin which sounds amazing for hot weather.
    I'm not sure if I told you or Cara, but feel free to make a list of WI/MN beers and I'll bring you a cooler full of shit to Detroit. Right now I just have a bottle of Surly Pentagram for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

  5. #3455
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,588

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I plan on bringing canned Sculpin which sounds amazing for hot weather.
    While I'm thinking about it, take a look at the SanTan website and tell me what you want me to bring for you.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  6. #3456

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I'm not sure if I told you or Cara, but feel free to make a list of WI/MN beers and I'll bring you a cooler full of shit to Detroit. Right now I just have a bottle of Surly Pentagram for ya.
    I will take some beers!!!

  7. #3457
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    22,260

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    While I'm thinking about it, take a look at the SanTan website and tell me what you want me to bring for you.
    How is the Mr. Pineapple?

    4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

  8. #3458
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,588

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    I don't know but I bet it's nice in the heat.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  9. #3459
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,201

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Maybe Coachella will make their brew an option since they're trying to help out the local community/economy
    That would be great! Especially since the only other option is Heineken.

    Unless you sneak brews in like I always do.

  10. #3460

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    How is the Mr. Pineapple?
    Mr. Pineapple would be a solid beer for the heat. Last year I didn't get that much pineapple taste in it, I think Maui Mana Wheat is a little better.

  11. #3461
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    22,260

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    The Maui Mana Wheat is fucking disgusting.

    4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

  12. #3462
    Coachella Junkie getbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East Palo Alto
    Posts
    8,187

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    I had Golden Roads Point the Way IPAs last year and those were fanastic in the hot morning/afternoons on Empire Polo Fields.

    Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14


    Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.



  13. #3463
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    40,122

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't know but I bet it's nice in the heat.
    It's going to be cloudy and 62 degrees again. knock on wood.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  14. #3464
    old school westcoastpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Took
    Posts
    2,980

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The Maui Mana Wheat is fucking disgusting.
    Totally agree.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

  15. #3465
    Member hippityhip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    546

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    So I'm stuck in Texas for a while and I've made a few trips to Houston. They have this really neat spot called the Hay Merchant I've been going to. They have a solid beer line up. http://www.haymerchant.com/menu/
    Had the Clown Shoes Hoppy Feet 1.5 which I enjoyed. Karbach is a great local brewery out here. Being from LA I'm getting a chance to sample a lot of beer I would normally not have access to back home. It's kinda nice.
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1
    Mac Demarco - Mohawk - 4/13

  16. #3466
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,201

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.



    Just picked up a couple of bottles of this. Definitely a must try for any IPA fan.

  17. #3467
    Member hippityhip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    546

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Bootleggers is decent. They are out of Placentia or somewhere in OC right?
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1
    Mac Demarco - Mohawk - 4/13

  18. #3468
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    27,721

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post


    Just picked up a couple of bottles of this. Definitely a must try for any IPA fan.
    Awesome that they're bottling that now.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  19. #3469
    Coachella Junkie getbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East Palo Alto
    Posts
    8,187

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by hippityhip View Post
    Bootleggers is decent. They are out of Placentia or somewhere in OC right?
    Yes, they're out of Orange County.They just recently moved their tasting room(/brewery?).

    Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14


    Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.



  20. #3470
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,268

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Finally got around to drinking this last night:

    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  21. #3471
    Member gazercmh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    817

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Awesome that they're bottling that now.
    Would be more awesome if they'd put bottling dates on the bottles. The bottles I've had have tasted old.

  22. #3472
    Coachella Junkie getbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East Palo Alto
    Posts
    8,187

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    I have been told on Monday that I am going to be able to buy a Westvleteren 12 off the owner of a Liquor store that I buy beer weekly at .......I am so excited to finally try this beer out.
    Last edited by getbetter; 03-29-2013 at 09:11 PM.

    Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14


    Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.



  23. #3473
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,201

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Yes, they're out of Orange County.They just recently moved their tasting room(/brewery?).
    It's in Fullerton. I have to find the time to go over there.

    http://www.bootleggersbrewery.com/

  24. #3474

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    I recently picked up 48 cans of blue moon at total wines and more in OC. No more watered down coors!

  25. #3475
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    8,422

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by brettb88 View Post
    I recently picked up 48 cans of blue moon at total wines and more in OC. No more watered down coors!
    You fucking suck asshole
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

  26. #3476

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by hippityhip View Post
    So I'm stuck in Texas for a while and I've made a few trips to Houston. They have this really neat spot called the Hay Merchant I've been going to. They have a solid beer line up. http://www.haymerchant.com/menu/
    Had the Clown Shoes Hoppy Feet 1.5 which I enjoyed. Karbach is a great local brewery out here. Being from LA I'm getting a chance to sample a lot of beer I would normally not have access to back home. It's kinda nice.
    I live a few blocks away. Great spot. You should try the 512 BA Double Pecan Porter out of Austin. Probably one of the five best brews in Texas. They still had it on tap as of last weekend. More spots to check out if you're in town:

    Petrol Station
    Cottonwood
    Moongoose vs. Cobra

  27. #3477

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Also, D&Q Mini Mart a few blocks away has arguably the best beer selection in Houston if you want to buy some bottles/bombers to go. Secret spot for a lot of beer folks in town.

  28. #3478

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    You fucking suck asshole
    yeah, concur, tastes like ass. My brother drinks it. And Corona is like urine.

    Not sure what I'm going to buy yet. Did Modelo in 2011 and that went well.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

  29. #3479
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    20,639

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Blue Moon is a starter beer for a lot of people moving on from simply drinking Coors Light, Bud, MGD, etc. If it starts to broaden someone's beer tastes a bit, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl


    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Even if it Daft Punk were to come out who cares. Not like they're Bono or anything

  30. #3480
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,943

    Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blue Moon is a starter beer for a lot of people moving on from simply drinking Coors Light, Bud, MGD, etc. If it starts to broaden someone's beer tastes a bit, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    This is so true, Blue Moon, Heineken, Stella, and Shocktop were my gateway into craft beers. The only one I still drink regularly is Stella. I'll only drink the other three if I have to. Guiness is still my favorite beer though, nothing beats a guiness.

Similar Threads

  1. Kinds of Beer???
    By ThomThom in forum Questions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 11:25 AM
  2. What's the price of beer?
    By dynamanda in forum Questions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 10:48 AM
  3. BEER?
    By André in forum Questions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 09:57 PM
  4. BEER GARDEN
    By rollonsugar in forum Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 10:55 PM
  5. beer???
    By Dtags21 in forum Questions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 12:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •