Page 114 of 149 FirstFirst ... 109110111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,420 of 4463

Thread: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

Cismontine Coulter Rye IPA is amaaaaazing
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by fastmusicfan View Post
    Wow, that's really cool. I have the craft beer place in Savannah, The Distillery, as friend or follow or whatever on Facebook and they post what's on tap weekly. That particular beer really sounded amazing to me, so we walked over there before seeing Torche Saturday night, instead of just doing the normal PBR at the venue thing. It was seriously the first thing I thought about Sunday morning. Their on deck menu had a bourbon barrel stout coming up next, but, man, I'm not sure it can be as good.
    The first time I visited the south we drank nothing but that. It's a fantastic beer, and I've been consistently contacting the brewers trying to figure out if they'll ever expand their distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Cismontane is such a good brewery.
    When they introduced the brewery they did a coffee-infused steam beer that was one of the best beers I've tried. Like the KBBA, I keep emailing them asking if they'll ever do it again, but they seem to be against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

This has been a favorite of mine lately
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Haven't read too much. Pretty stoked on it though, going to the release party on Sunday
    Bottle releases Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

It looks and sounds just like they are making a seasonal of Five. I wish they would just make Four (double espresso milk stout) a seasonal.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

That Surly looks pretty amazing.

Currently enjoying a Turnhout's Hop Ruiter. It's a strong Belgian Ale "Blond Hoppy Beer". Little sour note at the open and very smooth. Another 8% ABV that I'm sure will bite me later. Also picked up a couple more 4 packs of Bittersweet Lenny's RIPA. It's damn good.

I need to find more Cantillon.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

I've got another growler of the Mammoth Brewing Stump Alley Sour right now. That beer is really damn good. I also tried their chileno pilsner today, and it was good but maybe a bit too spicy. Odd considering chilenos are so mild normally.

I really like the Mammoth beers. We'll be up there on Tuesday until Saturday. I'd love to meet for a beer.

I PMed you. Best days for me to meet up would be Tuesday or Wednesday.

Little known fact: in Mammoth you can carry an open container in public as long as you aren't driving. Life up here is good.

For when you need a beer your girl who hates beer will drink and even like

Went to Angel City Brewing now that they're back open and i'm walking distance from them. They have a magnificent vanilla porter that i ended up grabbing a growler of after having a pint. So good!
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

What do you guys think of Golden Road brewery? (Los Angeles local brewery) I just found out that the brewery is down the street from my house and i REALLY like it. Posted about it in the Coachella threads regarding beer in the camping grounds, but wanted to know other people thought of it!

They're good, not great, but i'm really happy a local brew is getting as much attention as it is. The pub space itself is really awesome, and after a couple years I'm sure there will be some really good stuff coming out of there. Point The Way is a totally decent, serviceable low-abv IPA, but by the time it came out there were already far too many other great IPAs out there. The Hefeweisen is definitely above average for an American Hefe. Get Up Offa That Brown is not very good as far as browns go. The Burning Bush Smoked IPA is interesting, but not groundbreaking. The limited release El Hefe Anenjo tequila-barrel-aged hefeweisen is definitely the most interesting thing i've had from them so far. Tony Yanow, who owns the brewery, is a master business-man though, and his other two bars/restaurants, Tony's Dart's Away and Mohawk Bend, have some of the best taplists in town.
    last.fm

@drinkey i really liked the Point The Way and the Hefe. I'm not that much into beers but i'm really getting curious. Any suggestions for a beer noobz?

Yeah, the Hef is one of the more impressive hefs out there in my mind. I usually don't like many beers in that style but that one makes me happy.

That said, Eagle Rock Brewery is the better local brewery in the area.

Ah, i am definitely speaking as a huge beer guy (as are a lot of the people in the thread). Point The Way is actually a really good starter IPA. I think most IPA fans like a lot of hops and a bit of a bitter taste. if you're looking for a really good IPA, My current favorites are Russian River's Blind Pig, Ballast Point's Sculpin, Green Flash's West Coast, Sierra Nevada's Torpeda, and Firestone's Union Jack. For higher abvs and more hop flavor, then you can move onto double ipas - Russian River's Pliny The Elder and Port Brewing's Mongo are two of the best. And then for even a little more variety, i am a HUGE fan of rye in beers. Sierra Nevada's Ruthless Rye, Surf City's black rye ipa, and Cismontane's Coulter rye are some of my favorites.

This is just scratching the surface of course.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    That said, Eagle Rock Brewery is the better local brewery in the area.
    Yes, Eagle Rock is wonderful. I think Angel City is going to be a force to be reckoned with though, once they totally finish up with the remodel and get their shit together. i was very impressed when i was in there this weekend. The space is giant too.
    last.fm

If you're just starting, I'd recommend going to either Mohawk Bend or Yardhouse and just trying things. They both have tons and tons of taps and you can just start to try stuff out. From there you'll start to be able to really tell what you like and what you don't like. And talk with the bartenders and liquor store owners about what you buy: they're great resources and can teach you lots about good beers.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And talk with the bartenders and liquor store owners about what you buy: they're great resources and can teach you lots about good beers.
    This I can't stress enough. I've learned so much and have found most of my favorites from doing just that.

So I haven't really been drinking that much anymore but I had to tonight. Just got back from dinner with family, went to a restaurant and unknowingly to me they had Pliney The Younger! After wanting to have the beer for a few years and due to it's very limited release I had to have it. It was very hoppy, as expected from a triple IPA, but yet very clean at the same time. It also might be the best smelling beer I've ever had. I would highly recommend it if you get the chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Angry Orchard.
    angry-orchard-bottles.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    This I can't stress enough. I've learned so much and have found most of my favorites from doing just that.

So I haven't really been drinking that much anymore but I had to tonight. Just got back from dinner with family, went to a restaurant and unknowingly to me they had Pliney The Younger! After wanting to have the beer for a few years and due to it's very limited release I had to have it. It was very hoppy, as expected from a triple IPA, but yet very clean at the same time. It also might be the best smelling beer I've ever had. I would highly recommend it if you get the chance.
    My girlfriend and several friends are at mohawk Bend enjoying it right now while I am stuck at work until 10:30 tonight. FML
    last.fm

I still haven't had Pliny. I'm deeply saddened. Ill trade someone through mail a WI or MN beer of their choice for one of either.
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

My girlfriend and several friends are at mohawk Bend enjoying it right now while I am stuck at work until 10:30 tonight. FML
    I typically hate the whole FML thing but out of all the people I've seen use it, I feel like this is the most appropriate use of it I've seen. That really blows man.
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

To be frank I was nowhere near as impressed with the Younger as I've been with Elder and Blind Pig. I prefer 120 Minute for a triple IPA

99-cent store's finest.

Man, you guys are cool as fuck. I feel like i just got inducted into a super bad ass group. hahaha

Thanks for the info guys! I'm going to try the beers you recommended Drinkey. Also going to try all the suggestions all you guys gave me. Pretty sure i just opened a gold mine of a door.

Well, a very drunk-ass group, at very least.

Where, roughly, do you live? There are great beer bars all around LA, and California, that we could probably point you to as well.

I'm terribly drunk. Off vodka though

He said he lives down the street from Golden Road. Definitely go check out the brewery itself, as they get other good stuff there, and check out Tony's Dart's Away right down the street in Burbank, to start. The Federal bar on Lankershim in NoHo is good too.
    last.fm

Yes, i live in Glendale across the train tracks from Golden Road. I visited the pub this past friday and that's when i got to try the beer. I've been hearing a lot about Tony's Dart's also. But yes, Glendale-Burbank area.