Page 139 of 150 FirstFirst ... 134135136137138139140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,170 of 4493

Thread: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

How much was that growler? Also, do they only offer tastings there or can you get a pint of something?

The growler was $30 minus my 15% Reserve Society discount, so $25.50. They offer full pours in addition to flights. Always some good stuff on there.

Sweet! I'm a RS member also but haven't had a chance to go down there yet. I'm finally heading down Saturday though to pick up some bottles and definitely a growler or two.

Just got done bottling my home brew, I was able to find some dark plastic bottles. Do you think security will give me shit on the way into the campgrounds?

Andrew and I got some Pliny the Younger last night. It was of course delightful. I'm posting here because some dude I met in line told me about this place: http://maximilianohp.com/
    It's apparently the Craftsman brewer's go-to place to try out his new stuff and they have the old staples on draft as well. He even created a house beer for them. Must go!
    At least in *my* awesome opinion.

Finally was able to find a Bootleggers Knuckle Sandwich DIPA. It is my understanding that they don't have a set time when it is released. According to the guy I spoke to says that they only brew it one they don't have to much going on and they have all right ingredients for it and then they just release it with no real announcement about it. I haven't been a real big fan of other Bootleggers beers before but a buddy of mine that works in their taste room says it is great and everyone I know who has had it has said the same thing. Not sure when I am going to drink it but I am excited for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by MissBellaHell View Post
    Andrew and I got some Pliny the Younger last night. It was of course delightful. I'm posting here because some dude I met in line told me about this place: http://maximilianohp.com/
    It's apparently the Craftsman brewer's go-to place to try out his new stuff and they have the old staples on draft as well. He even created a house beer for them. Must go!
    Lucky Baldwins off raymond always has four or five taps of Craftsman as well.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Hit up a Pliny the Younger event over the weekend with TallGuy, which of course was fantastic, but the real killer this weekend was picking up 6 bottles of Citra (lottery) at Kern River Brewing Co. and having their Citra on tap... There just isn't a better beer out there in my opinion, fucking heavenly.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Hmm, I have had various citra pale ales, but I haven't had that DIPA from Kern. I will have to keep my eye out for that.

Also, how was the event at Blue Palms? I was dissuaded a bit by the charity-driven price point and was afraid of crowds. the Thursday night even at Verdugo Bar was surprisingly easy going. I got stuck at work and arrived an hour after they started selling tickets, but I was able to get in and get a $6 ticket after waiting in line for only 25 minutes, then drink a pint of Pliny The Elder while waiting for the 8pm pour time.

And finally, I tried a 6-pack of Sam Adams' Rebel IPA, a west coast style IPA, and it is surprisingly a really fucking good beer!
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Hmm, I have had various citra pale ales, but I haven't had that DIPA from Kern. I will have to keep my eye out for that.

Also, how was the event at Blue Palms? I was dissuaded a bit by the charity-driven price point and was afraid of crowds. the Thursday night even at Verdugo Bar was surprisingly easy going. I got stuck at work and arrived an hour after they started selling tickets, but I was able to get in and get a $6 ticket after waiting in line for only 25 minutes, then drink a pint of Pliny The Elder while waiting for the 8pm pour time.

And finally, I tried a 6-pack of Sam Adams' Rebel IPA, a west coast style IPA, and it is surprisingly a really fucking good beer!
    The Blue Palms event was surprisingly chaotic from a Pliny standpoint, in years past the charitable price point has always forced people to go elsewhere but it didn't seem to phase anybody this year as the line went around the entire block down towards the LA Fitness behind the Fonda and two kegs were cut off after 40 minutes. I was only able to snag one 10 oz pour, which is kind of odd at the price point, but the popularity of PtY has reached new heights since last year... Which is great for Russian River but pretty shitty for people who truly appreciate it as a heavenly beverage not just a hype machine for instagram cred... 'Tev.

What was fucking awesome about Blue Palms was the other beers they had on tap along with the PtY release like RR's Row 2 Hill 56 Pale Ale, the return of Blind Pig, and of course the Elder and non RR's like Avery Dirt Wolf, Maharaja, and Kinetic Afterburner which are all really solid DIPA's.

Everything kind of paled in comparison to Citra at KRBC yesterday, TallGuy and I went up there to pick up our lottery 6 packs and decided to have a few on tap and it was unreal... Blows Pliny and even Heady Topper by Alchemist out of the water when it comes to DIPA's.

Citra truly is fantastic, and it doesn't usually make it out of Kernville so you have to dedicate yourself to getting it. I had some on tap at the brewery last year and was super pleased with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I wish I could have planned it a little better, I would have dedicated an entire night to their tap selection and just stumbled over to the Hotel right next to the Brewery to crash. Ugh, fuck work.

I'm pretty sure you were there when I brought in a bottle of Citra into blue palms and shared it among some boardies.I don't know if it was just I didn't know what Citra Hops were before Citra but I definitely have noticed that Citra hops are in high demand now days.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

That is highly possible, which means we were drinking a LOT that night and I don't remember what anything tastes like.

In retrospect, i think I tried it at Vegan Beer Fest last year, but same problem.
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

So the Knuckle Sandwich is pretty fucking good. For a dipa with 10% ABV it drinks surprisingly well. A tad bit malty but so many other flavors that it doesn't even matter. I would recommend trying it if you can get it. Probably up there with Pliny The Elder as far as dipa go.

I like Port Brewing's Mongo DIPA just about as much as the others mentioned too. Really fucking good.
    last.fm

That is next on my list then for DIPA, good looking out. I really do love IPA/DIPA's.

Is there a difference between DIPAs and Imperial IPAs? Someone tried telling me it has to do with malt, but others told me they were full of it. I guess I really don't care any which way. Just curious
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Its really just double the amount of hops. They can be maltier for balance, and tend to have a higher abv.
    last.fm

A double IPA is the same thing as an imperial IPA and is the same thing as an IIPA.

It's not necessarily double the hops or double the malt or double the alcohol or double the anything. It is higher in alcohol, though.

If you look at the BJCP style guidelines, it says an American IPA is 5.5% to 7.5% abv and an imperial IPA (or double IPA) is 7.5% to 10% abv. Those guidelines aren't the be-all, end-all, but most breweries follow them somewhat. They're also interesting to read if you're learning about different styles of beer.

Was this at Coachella last year? I don't recall this being there. From the 2014 Coachella welcome guide listed under the newly expanded Terrace...

Craft Beer Garden
    (curated by Tony Yanow)
    • Wide variety of local & regional craft beers on tap
    • IPAs to Sours and everything in-between
    • Limited releases on the hour
    • Guest Brew Masters on site
    This sounds very promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

It was not, that's completely new. Sours, huh? Neat.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This makes me excited about Saturday now
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I would've been much more inclined to go this year if I'd known about the craft beer offerings...

This is very good news.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

If this works out, maybe we can get some decent whiskey options, too.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Now I'll have to bring at least an extra hundred bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Anybody tried Boulevard Brewing's stuff? Our local grocery got a few of their beers, so last night I had their Quadrupel and their farmhouse style ale. The quad was a good take on that style, with lots of sugar forward and a rich, thick mouthfeel. The farmhouse is a knockout though, one of the better farmhouse ales I've had in a long time. There's that good grassy, yeasty flavor that defines the style, but the citrusy hop cuts through it. It's very light and refreshing despite all the flavor, and you'd never guess it was 8.5%. Really good beer.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Craft Beer Garden
    (curated by Tony Yanow)
    • Wide variety of local & regional craft beers on tap
    • IPAs to Sours and everything in-between
    • Limited releases on the hour
    • Guest Brew Masters on site
    FYI, if you don't know, Tony Yanow is the guy who runs Golden Road, as well as the pub there, Mohawk Bend, and Tony's Darts Away. This is going to be special.

Also, I had Sierra Nevada's new single hop Yakima #27 IPA twice this weekend, and it just might be one of the best I have ever had. Really delicious.
    last.fm