Page 128 of 151 FirstFirst ... 123124125126127128129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,840 of 4513

Thread: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

VigoTheCarpathian

Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    So youre only nice to people to get something out of them.
    No, not at all. It's customer service. You have to pay special attention to your best customers. I just felt like the people at that place never gave a fuck and were just there to collect their own checks. They are no fun in there.

So youre only nice to people to get something out of them.
    Me? No not at all, I'm generally nice to people unless if they do something to piss me off. The point I was making was if you are an asshole to the bartender/server then why would they buy you a round? Vigo and his crew could have just been complete assholes to the workers but thought it was justifiable because of how much they spent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

VigoTheCarpathian

Unit, you just got me thinking. They hated the mayor of Brea's son, who is a complete piece of shit who can't walk in there any more, and he was hanging around us a lot back then. The rest of us were nice people.

I was just there actually. I didn't think it was a very festive or warm or inviting place ten years after.

I was at the Taps in Corona a couple months back and they had a pretty cool cover band. The week before I was at Maestros in south coast and the cover band played Sweet Caroline in the bar and the whole place sung along. So I requested that song at taps, and the whole time I was singing and waving my hands back a forth and then I looked behind me and everyone was staring at me like I was an idiot. Then, I got my friends GF up to dance, and thought that would get people on their feet, and everyone was looking at me like I was a big ham. I'm telling you that place is no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    So I requested that song at taps, and the whole time I was singing and waving my hands back a forth and then I looked behind me and everyone was staring at me like I was an idiot. Then, I got my friends GF up to dance, and thought that would get people on their feet, and everyone was looking at me like I was a big ham. I'm telling you that place is no fun.
    And scene.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

This was my haul this afternoon. The rumkin is so amazingly delicious.

Goddamn, Rumpkin sounds great. Will need to keep an eye out.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

14%!

Rumpkin is fucking Fanastic.Bevmo seems to get more shipments of it than Total Wne strangely last year.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

VigoTheCarpathian

Zach, have you been to Out Of The Park Pizza in Anaheim Hills?

No, I haven't but I know its a meeting spot for a beer fanactics fb group.
    Translation

Last.fm

VigoTheCarpathian

I just discovered it. They've got like a revolving cast of 40 beers I've never heard of listed on a giant screen. It's pretty cool. At night it was mostly young people... I had the stone seasonal something it tasted like autum

Anyone had any good wet hop beers yet this year? I love wet hop beers and am horribly behind on trying them. O'Brien's here in SD has a wet hop fest in a couple weeks and that's always one of my favorite events. I've brewed with wet hops a few times and while it's a pain, I do love the wet-hop flavor.

Mammoth Brewing does a wet hop every year. This year they did a Black IPA. IT's very smooth and the roasted flavor really comes through. I dig it.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I've only had a local wet hop from a small place called Canal Park Brewing and then I had Surly Wet on tap a couple of times this year too.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Just drank a Stone 17th Anniversary Gotterdammerung IPA and it was pretty solid.

Now time to move onto the 6 pack of Racer 5 IPA.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    I'm enjoyin Enjoy By 09.13.13 right now. The citra is very forward and really juicy. One of the best Stone beers I've had.
    I bought one and then I bought another. Then for good measure I bought one more.
    That 17th anniversary Stone was pretty gotterdam good too.
    Last edited by Pixiessp; 10-04-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

I will say Im happy with the whole drink fresh because this will get the consumer to realize that IPAs are meant to be drank fresh.

Im about to open another Highland brewery company's Gcelic ale which is really just a rich amber
    Translation

Last.fm

Holy Shit Y'all. I'm going to be so drunk this week.

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociet...r_festiv_5.php

Seriously so much good fucking beer.

Mmmm i have other beer festivals i would want to be at.
    Translation

Last.fm

Yeah...... LA Beer week must be super duper amazing.

This is just Thursday.....

Lauren Salazar, New Belgium's sensory Jedi, wood-cellar manager and specialty brand manager, will teach two sour beer symposiums today upstairs at Euclid Hall. Session one
    runs from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and costs $65 (buy tickets here). Session two, also $65, runs from 1:30 to 4 p.m. "This workshop is a once in a lifetime experience and have been held in cities such as Chicago, Asheville, Portland, San Diego, and Washington D.C. Spaces are limited and both sessions will sell out," according to Euclid Hall.

Crooked Stave will release a bottled beer at 11 a.m. today at its brand-new brewery at the Source. L'Brett d'Or is a golden sour aged in oak barrels. There is a six-bottle limit and it will be sold on a first-come first-served basis.

The Country Malt Group and Black Shirt Brewing Company are hosting a party from 6 to 9 p.m. tonight to celebrate a beer they concocted together. The special Sticke Alt uses the new Best Malz RedX, and food will be skillfully prepared by renowned Chef Bill Greenwood using Denver based Tender Belly Pork purveyed products. RSVP at toby.tucker@countrymalt.com.

Oskar Blues continues its series of all-day Oskar Blues Ordeal bus adventures today with a tour that picks you up at 8 a.m. at Falling Rock Taphouse in Denver and lasts til 4 p.m., when the bus drops you back off in time for the first GABF session. The tour starts at the OB Grill & Brew brewpub in Lyons for steak-and-egg breakfast burritos and Coffee Stout and a tour. From there, you'll head for Hops and Heifers Farm for another tour and 19.2-ounce cans of Dale's Pale Ale and Mama's Little Yella Pils. A barbecue lunch (and more beer) follows at Homemade Liquids and Solids, along with a VIP tour of the brewery. Ticket are $75 and available at eventbrite.com.

Here's Falling Rock's tapping schedule for today: Rogue at 1 p.m.; Boulder Beer at 2 p.m.; Lagunitas at 3 p.m.; and a special meet-and-greet at 4 p.m. with the authors of four new beer books. They are: The Pocket Beer Guide by Stephen Beaumont; The Complete Beer Course by Joshua M. Bernstein; California Breweries North by Jay R. Brooks; and The American Craft Beer Cookbook by John Holl. Then, after the GABF session, you'll find: Oskar Blues at 10 p.m. with 1Nut Brown, Double Impact Belgian Strong Ale and A Fresh Hop; Alaskan at 11 p.m. with a Vertical of Smoked Porter on tap.

Stapleton Tap House will turn over some of its taps to River North Brewery tonight from 7 to 9 p.m. by offering a beer and cheese pairing with River North owner Matt Hess and Devin Lamma of Whole Foods. They'll be serving six beers paired with six cheeses. Tickets are $35 in advance and are available at River North or the Stapleton Taphouse.
    Epic Brewing, which just opened its Denver taproom on September 28, will celebrate with the First 50 Firkin Fiasco, featuring fifty unique firkins "that highlight Epic's beer portfolio and the creativity of their brewers and cellar staff." And although ten of those firkins will be available in the taproom, which is open to the public, you'll have to buy a VIP pass for $55 to try the other forty. But you also get a t-shirt, glassware, logo goods and access to the brewery itself. The event runs all day from 3 to 11 p.m., and the brewery staff from Denver and Salt Lake City will be on hand to talk beer. Food vendors will be onsite. Buy your passes at http://50firkins.eventbrite.com. Some of the firkins that will be on hand include: Imperial IPA high krausened with Hopulent IPA and cask hopped with whole leaf Cascade, Imperial Red Ale with cocoa nibs, Utah Sage Saison with cracked black pepper corns, Brainless Golden Ale high krausened with Hopulent IPA and cask hopped with whole leaf Amarillo, Spiral Jetty with Chipotle Peppers, Imperial IPA with toasted coconut flakes, and Captn' Crompton's Pale Ale high krausened with Hopulent IPA and cask hopped with whole leaf Chinook.

Hops & Pie will tap several beers from Indiana's Sun King Brewing today at 11:30 a.m.; they include Pink Taco, Afternoon Delight, Oktoberfest, Cream Dream VI, Barrel Aged Timmie and 777.

At noon, Freshcraft will tap a beer brewed collaboratively by New Belgium and Florida's Cigar City; the 8.5 percent ABV concoction was made with Anaheim and Marash chile peppers. But there will be plenty of other beers from both breweries on hand, including New Belgium's Le Terroir and Cigar City's Humidor Series IPA, Cafe Americana (Imperial Stout) and Stiftung Berlinerweisse. Then, at 3 p.m. Freshcraft will welcome Boulevard Beer Company from Kansas City, who will tap Saison Brett, Mid Coast IPA, Pop Up IPA.

Osteria Marco will host a tap takeover by Mountain Sun Brewing today beginning at 11 a.m. It's rare to find Mountain Sun brews outside of the company's four Boulder and Denver pubs. All of Osteria Marco's taps will be given up to the brewery. In addition, Osteria and Elevation Brewing will hold a Hooves & Hops pork/beer dinner tonight at 6 p.m. Tickets are $45/person.

Freshcraft turns up the head after the GABF session with its Second Annual Ska Brewing. Peach St. Distillers GABF Week Party at 10:30 p.m. The three companies worked together to brew a new beer and create a barrel-aged cocktail. The beer is DaSkave de Fuego, a heavily hopped Extra Pale Ale infused with tropical fruit and habanero and aged in a Peach St D'Agave Gold barrel. "After the beer was transferred from the barrel we filled with DaSKAve Bam Bam - a cocktail made with more Peach St D'Agave and other great ingredients," Freshcraft adds. Other beverages in the house include: Cru D'etat, a Belgian specialty ale aged in oak foeders for nearly two years, Hoperation Ivy and Modus Hoperandi.

Lucky Pie LoDo will tap two Avery beers at 10 a.m. as part of its Breakfast with Avery Brewing. At 2 p.m., there will be a celebration of southern Colorado breweries with beers available from Elevation Beer Co., Telluride Brewing, Amicas Brewing, 3 Barrel Brewing and Pagosa Brewing. That evening, at 10 p.m., Lucky Pie will host a Lagunitas After Session party and giveaway some GABF passes.

Denver's TRVE Brewing will host a beer-and-heavy-metal festival tonight in the Summit Music Hall's Moon Room with three like-minded and acclaimed breweries from elsewhere in the country, Minnesota's Surly Brewing, Real Ale Brewing of Texas, Three Floyds of Indiana. It will be a good opportunity to drink beers that aren't normally available.

The 1Up will feature an unusual mini tap-takeover by four Chicago-area breweries that don't distribute in Denver. Haymarket Pub, Revolution Brewing, Half Acre Beer Company and Solemn Oath Brewer will all be pouring.

Star Bar and New Belgium will team up for a New Belgium throwdown after the GABF session, featuring several stashed Lips of Faith beers and live music.

Euclid Hall and Avery Brewing have hosted one of the hottest events of GABF week for the past two years, and they're bringing back the Midnight Breakfast at Euclid Hall for a third go-round this year -- but with a slight twist. The epic nine-course, late-night beer breakfast/pairing will be a sit-down event so that attendees don't have to fight one another for food and beer. Chef Jorel Piece is planning a menu that includes Hog Head Benedict, a Bloody Joe cocktail, Bad Apple, Fresh Fruit Ambrosia, Smoked Loch Duart gravlax, Caraway Bagel Holes, Lyonnaise potatoes, Braised Eggs and Brown Butter Shortbread, while Avery will be bringing some of its rarest beers, including Ross's's' Melange, Momi Hiwa, Tweak and the unreleased Thensaurum, a sour ale aged in rum barrels. Doors open at 10:45, following the end of the Thursday night GABF session, and the breakfast gets underway at 11. Tickets are $100 per person (tax and gratuity included) and are available at Brown Paper Tickets.

Rackhouse Pub will double its taps today through Sunday from thirty to sixty so that it can host Battle of the Barley, a curated list of the some of the best beers from the best breweries in both Colorado and California. The list is pretty stellar, so you're going to want to log onto the Rackhouse web site to check it out.

The Copper Kettle will be tapping four barrel-aged beers today that it submitted to GABF -- and you can vote for your favorite and the one that you think has the best chance of winning a medal (and which medal). If CK wins, you also win, although CK hasn't said what the prizes will be yet. Beers are: 2012 High Country Breakfast Stout, 2012 Bourbon Barrel English Barleywine, 2012 Bourbon Barrel Aged Double IPA, and 2013 Port Barrel Belgian Dark Strong. Dogtown Concessions will be in the house serving food at 4 p.m.

Great Divide takes over the taps at Row 14 Bistro all day today right across from the Colorado Convention Center. On tap: Fresh Hop Pale Ale, Hibernation Ale, Colette Farmhouse Ale and Hoss Rye Lager.

World of Beer in Glendale will be tapping some rare beers today, including several from Florida's Cigar City and the new Game of Thrones beer from Ommegang.
    Last edited by Tubesock Shakur; 10-08-2013 at 05:48 PM.

I have to say that I was pretty disappointed with Omegang's Take the Black stout. There wasn't much depth to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

The whole reason I am not interested into GABF is because is a mega shit show.I have heard its only good the first night and the rest of the weekend FILLED! with frat boys. I rather just check out other breweries and smaller beer festivals. I am aware Im usually a shit show but its just too big and just a normal beer festival has huge lines.

Ommegang has never impressed me.
    Last edited by getbetter; 10-08-2013 at 06:40 PM.
    Translation

Last.fm

The whole reason I am not interested into GABF is because is a mega shit show.I have heard its only good the first night and the rest of the weekend FILLED! with frat boys. I rather just check out other breweries and smaller beer festivals. I am aware Im usually a shit show but its just too big and just a normal beer festival has huge lines.

Ommegang has never impressed me.
    So you know nothing about it.... It's a week long festival that is not just about the convention center "shit show."

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Zach: hating shit shows when he is a shit show
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I did really want to go to GABF, but it seems kind of cray cray to travel for. I think my inevitable Colorado beer trip would be better spent just doing brewery tours so I actually get to see the state/cities.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Got my Black Tuesday release party ticket…all sessions sold out fast!
    What's included:
    Crystal Black Tuesday tasting glass
    7 tasters + unlimited Hottenroth palate refreshers
    A snack from a local food truck
    1 bottle of 2012 Black Tuesday to-go
    The Beer List:
    Black Tuesday 2013
    Black Tuesday 2013 Nitro
    Melange #1 2013 (Black Tuesday blended with Oude Tart)
    Grey Monday 2013 *(Black Tuesday with Hazelnuts)
    Black Tuesday with Boysenberry
    Some Mo' Black Tuesday (Caramel, Coconut, and Cacao Nibs)
    Black Tuesday with Raspberry and Cacao Nibs
    Unlimited Palate Refreshers of Hottenroth

Quote Originally Posted by gazercmh View Post
    Anyone had any good wet hop beers yet this year? I love wet hop beers and am horribly behind on trying them. O'Brien's here in SD has a wet hop fest in a couple weeks and that's always one of my favorite events. I've brewed with wet hops a few times and while it's a pain, I do love the wet-hop flavor.
    Almanac made three single hop using Chinook, cascade and Cluster (Ivanhoe) hops.
    Cascade is pretty good imo.
    http://www.almanacbeer.com/ourbeer/2013-fresh-hop-ipas/

Holy Fuck those Black Tuesday parties are always impressive. Grey Monday sounds lovely.
    Translation

Last.fm

I tried St Archers last night at a local bar and was not impressed. It wasn't terrible but it felt like someone tried way to hard to replicate Pliny and just couldn't get it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio