Page 102 of 152 FirstFirst ... 979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 4542

Thread: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

That's what I meant, bro

That syx was strong, I don't type well
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I tried Russian River's new pale ale Row 2 Hill 56 on tap last night and it's fucking great, immediately possibly my favorite single-hopped pale. It's extremely smooth and drinkable for 5.8% abv and has a fantastic taste.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I wish we got Russian River here.

I tried this at World of Beers on Tuesday night:

"hop snap" up front but then really rich and creamy in the back. So good.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Every new release from Lagunitas impresses the hell out of me. i need to try that one.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I mentioned the UI SD Ale earlier in this thread. It's damn potent stuff! Agreed that Lagunitas rarely fail to impress.

I was by Stone yesterday and picked up a growler of their new Enjoy By 9.21.12. It clocks in at 9.4% ABV. It's a freakin hop wagon with a slight citrus tone. Very nicely colored for an IPA. And no toasty bitterness at the end. I'd say I like it better than their regular IPA but need a bit more to be sure (or a LOT more).

stone-enjoyby-small.jpg

More write ups on it here

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/84596

http://www.brewbound.com/news/stone-...2-ipa-released
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Ugh i want beer so bad
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival 10/03 - 10/05/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Treasure Island @ Treasure Island 10/18 & 10/19/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I like the Lagunitas Undercover Shut Down too. I picked up a six pack of this at total wine some time ago. I think I still have one left. My standard beer pickups each and every visit to total wine inclues.

Roge Brewery: Hazelnut Brown Nectar (Ivankay Beer)
    Oak Creek Brewery: Nut Brown Ale
    Breckenridge: Vanilla Porter
    Huyghe Brewery: Delirium Tremens

Then I usually grab a couple random bottles.

Huckleberry Cream Ale - smooth and light with a tasty berry flavor
    Abita Purple Haze - I liked it, it's fizzy and reminds me of grape soda

I also have a quart bottle of Mississippi Mud Black and Tan beer. I was going to see how well it went with some Baily's and Jameson to make some odd southern u.s. and irish backwoods drink to slam.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    I mentioned the UI SD Ale earlier in this thread. It's damn potent stuff! Agreed that Lagunitas rarely fail to impress.

I was by Stone yesterday and picked up a growler of their new Enjoy By 9.21.12. It clocks in at 9.4% ABV. It's a freakin hop wagon with a slight citrus tone. Very nicely colored for an IPA. And no toasty bitterness at the end. I'd say I like it better than their regular IPA but need a bit more to be sure (or a LOT more).

stone-enjoyby-small.jpg
    More write ups on it here

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/84596

http://www.brewbound.com/news/stone-...2-ipa-released

Is this only available at Stone?

There is an interactive map here from Stone which shows where it is being carried

http://www.stonebrewing.com/enjoyby/

I can confirm there are bottles of it because Stone had it in their fridge. But I would always pick it up on tap if that option is available (of course).
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I tried this at World of Beers on Tuesday night:

"hop snap" up front but then really rich and creamy in the back. So good.
    Every new release from Lagunitas impresses the hell out of me. i need to try that one.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I like the Lagunitas Undercover Shut Down too. I picked up a six pack of this at total wine some time ago. I think I still have one left.
    I had this on tap at Taste of Tops a couple weeks ago. It's delicious.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

There is an interactive map here from Stone which shows where it is being carried

http://www.stonebrewing.com/enjoyby/

I can confirm there are bottles of it because Stone had it in their fridge. But I would always pick it up on tap if that option is available (of course).
    I'm going to have to try this one out. The Stone 16th Anniversary IPA is wonderful.

For my AZ peeps, here are some upcoming beer related events you might be interested in, I'm sure a bunch of stuff will pop up as we get closer to Oct and Nov:

Tonight: O'Dell night at Hungry Monk in Chandler, tapping a special keg of Treehouse Apricot Tart
    Saturday 8/25: Beer Blending Event at Flanny's-hosted by Left Coast, San Tan, Sonoran, etc...should be cool
    Sunday 8/26: New Belgium USA Pro Challenge Final Stage watching event at Angel's Trumpet Ale House, should be a bunch of New Belgium swag and beers
    Saturday 9/22: Hopageddon at Papago Brewing Company, they will be tapping a crap ton of hopped up beers
    Saturday 10/6: New Belgium Tour de Fat at Tempe Town Lake
    Saturday 10/13: Salt River Fields Oktoberfest-I don't have much info on this one yet but I know they will be judging home brew
    Saturday 11/10: RareAffair-I've been informed that this is the best beer festival in AZ by every person I have spoken with in the Arizona Society of Homebrewers

Damn i would go to 11/10 beer event but afghan wigs are more important
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

...and Jen, I know you are interested in trying DFH 120. I read they are tapping a keg of it at World of Beer this Saturday. It sounds like it may be hard to get a glass though.

They are also tapping a keg of DFH 120 minute at the Whole Foods in Tempe at Rural and Baseline on Thursday August 30th as part of some DFH and tacos event. You will be able to purchase a 32oz growler for about $25. The Tempe Whole Foods just started doing growler fills, and every Sunday and Thursday from 11am-7pm growler fills are $4 off (excluding the 120 minute of course).

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Damn i would go to 11/10 beer event but afghan wigs are more important
    From what I understand, the RareAffair is a fundraiser thrown for the Beer For Brains Foundation, which was started by the Dogfishhead West Coast Rep after his wife died from brain cancer. So they bring in all sorts of crazy one off kegs from around the world for this event. I'm definitely in for this.

Yeah its even close to my bday which would a cool trip but i really want to see afghan wigs twice if they dont sell out before i can get a tix for the 11/10 .

I have been working a lot of overtime lately to the point where I might be able to afford a trip to Seattle for Elysian's Great American Pumpkin Ale festival.I have been wanting to attend for at least three years and feel like attending that event would make me a expert in Pumpkin Ales.
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastpirate View Post
    ...and Jen, I know you are interested in trying DFH 120. I read they are tapping a keg of it at World of Beer this Saturday. It sounds like it may be hard to get a glass though.

They are also tapping a keg of DFH 120 minute at the Whole Foods in Tempe at Rural and Baseline on Thursday August 30th as part of some DFH and tacos event. You will be able to purchase a 32oz growler for about $25. The Tempe Whole Foods just started doing growler fills, and every Sunday and Thursday from 11am-7pm growler fills are $4 off (excluding the 120 minute of course).
    I will be in Germany

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastpirate View Post
    From what I understand, the RareAffair is a fundraiser thrown for the Beer For Brains Foundation, which was started by the Dogfishhead West Coast Rep after his wife died from brain cancer. So they bring in all sorts of crazy one off kegs from around the world for this event. I'm definitely in for this.
    I'm in
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Jen your box got delay due to me wanting to kill some total wine employees for being asshats.Next paycheck I should be able to do it.
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

Work then school..... Reward good beer!

Feels good, man.

Cigar City Brewing, a small Florida beer maker with a huge following nationwide, will pour some of its highly-sought-after beers at a handful of Colorado taphouses for the first time this year during the Great American Beer Festival. The Tampa Bay brewery doesn't normally distribute outside Florida, but like Michigan-based Short's Brewing did in 2011, Cigar City will aquire the proper license in Colorado so it can sell and serve beer just during the annual beer bacchanalia (the brewery will also have a booth inside the festival, October 11-13, of course). Cigar City plans to pour Jai Alai IPA, a highly-rated hop bomb that compares favorably to some of the best IPAs coming out of California and Colorado, and Maduro Brown, an English-style ale that won a gold at the 2011 United States Open Beer Championship.

The brewery, which will be distributed by Elite Brands of Colorado, will pour several other beers as well, but Clark says he isn't sure yet which ones they will be.

The brewery will also introduce a collaboration beer it made with California's Green Flash Brewing during a special even at the Falling Rock Taphouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno_g View Post
    Work then school..... Reward good beer!
    that looks fire

i'm pissed we didn't get to go drinking! next time

Phoenix beer drinkers:

I walked over to Angel's Trumpet after work today. It's a great spot and looks great inside. The patio is awesome and will be perfect when the weather gets a little cooler. The beer selection is indeed very good, and I really like that they pour each beer in appropriate glassware with the perfect amount of head.

However, I do think their prices are a little bit on the high side. AND they don't have any happy hour or specials or really any specials going yet. I will give them a break on that because I'm sure they will have specials in the future since they discounted one of my beers.

The beer selection is good, but it did seem like 1/2 the beer available was some sort of saison. Saisons are good, they just aren't my #1 choice. So that was another strike. Beers were going quick though, so I have a feeling the lineup will change very quickly. Hopefully this means less saisons and more pale/IPAs.

I did end up getting a free beer for just being in the right place at the right time while sitting at the bar so that was cool. And the positives outweigh the negatives. I think when they finally build in some specials, either happy hour or a certain draft is on special a certain night it will be 5 stars.

Had a growler of Stone Enjoy By 9-21-12 last night. IMO it's the best IPA Stone has ever made (and that is saying a lot considering how much I loved the Ruination 10th Anniversary).

I really need to try this Stone Enjoy By 9-21-12.

I had a few Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine's last night. I'm not a huge fan of the style but it was pretty damn good, and two of them gave me a nice little buzz at 9% each.

I highly recommend everyone pick up some Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Variety Packs. Incredible beers!

bought a six pack cans of Dale's Pale Ale tonight for a meeting/walk tomorrow and no idea if it's any good. That's why we try em, eh!

I had flying dogs' oyster stout tonight .It was good but not compared to porterhouse version.I have heard Craftmen makes a killer oyster stout too.
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

I had Moa's Breakfast ale tonight. They're a brewery from New Zealand that I went nuts over when I visited there, and I finally found one of their beers over here. It's like a more subtle Magic Hat #9, with tons of floral notes and a really warm finish. I loved this last time I had it, and I loved it even more this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Admittedly, I know very little about beer but have enjoyed my fair share of what I have consumed.

My new favorite I've had is Red Hoptober from New Belgium which is seasonal from what I've gathered? I guess its not as fancy or random as some of these you all talk about and it can be found at trader joes and things, but enjoyed nonetheless. I'd love some recommendations based on similar brews. BA is greek to me from what I've read and/or too into it for me to gather anything useful.

Green flash have a great hoppy red ale..i cant recall the named right now..Cutter i promise to teach you some stuff .By the way go to the bruery its near you .
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm