Page 95 of 150 FirstFirst ... 90919293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 4475

Thread: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    Someone in the LA, Santa Barbara, Ventura area please start brewing so I can come over and be your taste tester.
    You can buy a starter brew kit of your own for about $100 - $200, then you can feel like a proud parent when you are drinking your own beer

badge-lagunitas.jpg

Beer speaks, People mumble.
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '13.1
    LAST.FM

I had hoped to go to Belgium this year but it's not in the cards, so I decided to have Belgium come to me. Here's one of two shipments I received.

A bit of education and information from
    The Bruery Provisions

The Bruery is celebrating their anniversary with you this month. As part of the celebration we have a gift for you every single day of May. Each morning at 8am we will be announcing a special archive beer that will be for sale. Make sure to follow Provisions on facebook and twitter to get the daily 8am announcement and to see what we're kicking things off with today!

On May 7th, we'd love to spend the day with you at The Bruery Provisions as we celebrate our anniversary withthe release of Fruet, special beer flights, including both new and vintage anniversary ales and discounted Bruery merchandise and bottles throughout the store! Not only that, but we'll be getting everyone a sneak peek at our new GRILLED CHEESE menu with passed samples of the delightful sandwiches we are hoping to start serving later this month.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Solera Method

Not all vintages are created equal, but we can certainly try.

Developed in Spain and Portugal as a way to standardize the vintage of their Port and Sherry production, the Solera method involves aging various vintages of the same alcohol in barrels and blending those vintages together over the course of time. It can be a complicated and time consuming process, represented by the bizarre equation above, but in practice, it is fairly simple. A portion of the oldest vintage will be packaged for consumption and those barrels are then refilled with liquid from the second oldest vintage barrel which is itself refilled with liquid from the next oldest barrel and so on until the youngest barrel is filled with a brand new vintage.

The purpose behind this method is to create a uniformly complex beverage. Rather than every vintage of Port wine tasting different, once the solera method reaches about the 8-10 year mark, a more uniform flavor profile will be created and maintained.

The Bruery uses a variation of the Solera method for their anniversary ale series. This year's release, Fruet, is a blend that incorporates portions of Papier, Coton, Cuir and Fruet and this method will repeat itself for the life of The Bruery, creating a beer rich in flavor and filled with notes of oak, caramel, toffee, dark fruits and a sherry-like oxidation from the many years resting in bourbon barrels.

The Bruery | 715 Dunn Way | Placentia | CA | 92870

Quote Originally Posted by gazercmh View Post

I had hoped to go to Belgium this year but it's not in the cards, so I decided to have Belgium come to me. Here's one of two shipments I received.
    0_0 !!!!!!!!!
    Translation

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

SO my absolute favorite style of beer is nutty brown, and pretty recently I've been rewarded with a lot more craft browns and they're all pretty good. I'm currently falling in love with Kona's KOKO BROWN, which is brewed with toasted coconut. Om nom nom.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I tried a boiler maker for the first time tonight. Should have used a Pale Ale, but instead used a Winter Lager with Maker's... Not bad and definitely does the trick!

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    SO my absolute favorite style of beer is nutty brown, and pretty recently I've been rewarded with a lot more craft browns and they're all pretty good. I'm currently falling in love with Kona's KOKO BROWN, which is brewed with toasted coconut. Om nom nom.
    Nut brown ales are probably my favorite style as well. However, I've really gotten into IPAs and Double/Imperial IPAs this last year which may overtake my obsession with nut browns at some point in the near future.

I'm flying into Portland in a few weeks to head up to Sasquatch. We are planning on hitting up Hopworks, Amnesia, and Cascade Barrel House (all sour beers) while we are in Portland for the night. It should be a lot of fun.
    Last edited by westcoastpirate; 05-04-2012 at 07:18 AM.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

I love this one. I also love Maui's Coconut Porter. It's like an Almond Joy bar.

Also, I'll be in LA on June 2 for Mogwai....the Blue Palms is the place I need to go for beer, yeah?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I love this one. I also love Maui's Coconut Porter. It's like an Almond Joy bar.

Also, I'll be in LA on June 2 for Mogwai....the Blue Palms is the place I need to go for beer, yeah?
    YES! And it's not only right next door to the venue, but it's connected and you can go into the bar in between bands (unfortunately you can't take drinks out of the bar into the venue, you have to buy regular beers in the venue if you want have drinks while watching the band). They are pretty much the best place in town to regularly find interesting and ridiculously good beer. they have super good food too. i'd recommend just getting there at 5 or 6 and just hanging out for a couple hours before the show.
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

Perfect. Come down and meet us. We'll have Tommy in tow.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

This is the only kind of Nut Brown that I have had but I like it. It's been about a year since I have had it.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Perfect. Come down and meet us. We'll have Tommy in tow.
    Unfortunately I'll still be in Spain. Bummed i gotta miss Mogwai this go-around
    last.fm

Goddamnit, Drinkey.

Went to Moylan's and Lagunitas yesterday...

Had Hop CraicXXXX, Waldo 420, Gueize (sour), and a Imperial Stout Float... BOMB!

In march, a local brewery let us help make their May beer and we are tapping it tonight. It was a lot of fun to make and should be even more fun to drink!
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

You need to find a way to try Mammoth Brewing Co. Double Nut Brown. It's so great and malty and full of flavor. When do you leave for Spain? I'm thinking about going home quickly for Mother's day and I can pick up a six pack if you want to taste the joy.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by gazercmh View Post

ZOMG!!!!!!
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1
    Mac Demarco - Mohawk - 4/13

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    You need to find a way to try Mammoth Brewing Co. Double Nut Brown. It's so great and malty and full of flavor. When do you leave for Spain? I'm thinking about going home quickly for Mother's day and I can pick up a six pack if you want to taste the joy.
    ooooh that sounds awesome. i leave the 23rd.
    last.fm

Picked up a bottle of Pliny the Elder, and a bottle of Racer 5 IPA for tonight. Can't wait to get off work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geno_g View Post
    Went to Moylan's and Lagunitas yesterday...

Had Hop CraicXXXX, Waldo 420, Gueize (sour), and a Imperial Stout Float... BOMB!

How was that Waldo??? I've been looking, looking high and low. Can't find that sunuvabitch!

I had some Waldo on 4-20 and it was super tasty. Really hides the high abv, which can be dangerous.

I went on a mission to hunt down some Firestone Walker Parabola today..

Mission Complete

Nice. A friend and I drank a batch 1 Parabola in the parking garage outside the Padres game last Friday. Made their inevitable loss much easier to deal with.

There's a liquor store with a great craft beer selection on my home from work. What's everyone drinking this weekend? I'd love some suggestions...

I haven't had it but I'm pretty confident that New Glarus's Brown ale that Creep suggested is amazing .

I went to Israel for 10 days recently and the beers worth talking about are Jem's beer factory's Pils and Negev Porter Alon.

The Pils was just very crisp and tasty.

Negev Porter Alon was very very impressive after all I wasn't really happy with the beers I was sampling around Israel but this was a beer that could go head to head with any beer in California for best porter title.Plus it has a very amazing label.

Also there was a beer called Ronen HaHodit HaMekhoeret India Pale Ale which translates to Ugly Indian which was pretty awesome for a beer title. Specially because It was this Indian girl that translated for me.
    Last edited by getbetter; 05-19-2012 at 07:39 AM.
    Translation

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

a couple nights ago

just now

want

I tried the Voodoo as well a few nights ago. It tastes exactly like the description, and I loved it. I have a few bottles of New Belgium's Tart Lychee in the fridge right now. i tried one and it's a really good tart sour. I also picked up a few British sours, Eagle Rock's Revolutionary XPA and Brewdog's Amber ale. That one was spectacular.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****