Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion thread...ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Default Re: The Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion thread...ENTER AT YOUR OWN RI

I cant be bothered reading or watching this.....what happens? Who dies? When? Who kills who? Is there any sex? Is there a twist and if so, what is it?

Default Re: The Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion thread...ENTER AT YOUR OWN RI

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    Two things that I can't figure out and I think were poorly explained:

1 - Draco getting control of the Elder Wand after the D man croaked. It says he disarmed D in book 6 before Snape killed him, but that doesn't seem to be the same as taking ownership. Whatever. It also shows that it was just luck that Harry snagged Draco's wand. How could anyone know that would have happened.
    I think it's the fact that the Elder Wand would change ownership via dueling, not necessarily killing. Because Dumbledore forfeited to Malfoy the minute Harry and him flew into the tower window (pretty much), Malfoy was victorious over Dumbledore BEFORE Snape...

As for how Dumbledore thought any of this might work comes back to how he intended for Snape to possess the Elder Wand... How Snape would fucking know this AT ALL is beyond me and pretty much the reason for why he died...

There are some questionable links in Dumbledore's plans, but for some weird as hell reason, it all came together... Just as he planned?

2- HOW THE HELL DID NEVILLE GET THE REAL SWORD OF GRIFFINDOR?! Never explained. Stupid. Made me mad.
    If you read it well enough, during that part, Voldemort talks about how he's abolishing the 4 house system in Hogwarts and making all students enroll under the Slytherin house, but that to make an example out of the 4 school system (and this is while he has Neville hostage) he summons the Sorting Hat and sets it on fire. As the Hat burns, some how Neville pulls it out of the burning wreckage, then proceeds to go all Bruce Campbell on Nagini's head...
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

pleeze come back to Radville

the nerd sabbatical is over
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    If you read it well enough, during that part, Voldemort talks about how he's abolishing the 4 house system in Hogwarts and making all students enroll under the Slytherin house, but that to make an example out of the 4 school system (and this is while he has Neville hostage) he summons the Sorting Hat and sets it on fire. As the Hat burns, some how Neville pulls it out of the burning wreckage, then proceeds to go all Bruce Campbell on Nagini's head...
    He magically pulled it out of Griphook's paws?
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    pleeze come back to Radville

the nerd sabbatical is over
    Radville? Is that where you live? The town where you make up lame aliases and get a good *giggle* when people fall for them?
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

you've heard of us ?

you've heard of us ?
    Bug - my uncle was Lt. Colonel in the Airforce - flew fighter jets in Vietnam, got shot down, survived on his own. Drinks Crown Royal like it's gatorade and can essentially rip all of your limbs off and eat your innards without a struggle. And HE has read every single one of the Harry Potter books. So, I figure...if he can, I can.

flew fighter jets in Vietnam, got shot down, survived on his own. (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
    +
    Drinks Crown Royal like it's gatorade (alcoholic)
    +
    rip all of your limbs off and eat your innards without a struggle (delusional)
    = HE has read every single one of the Harry Potter books

yeah,
    the math all adds up

flew fighter jets in Vietnam, got shot down, survived on his own. (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
    +
    Drinks Crown Royal like it's gatorade (alcoholic)
    +
    rip all of your limbs off and eat your innards without a struggle (delusional)
    = HE has read every single one of the Harry Potter books

yeah,
    the math all adds up
    Careful. You don't want to make him mad. You wouldn't like to see him when he's angry.

Careful. You don't want to make him mad. You wouldn't like to see him when he's angry.
    true....true

i'd hate to have to knock down an old man in a diaper

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    One, EW released a special Harry Potter issue that I am reading now. It basically is Miscorrections in magazine form.
    don't you try to pigeonhole me!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

He magically pulled it out of Griphook's paws?
    I agree. That really bothered me, too. Griphook reacquired it at Gringott's -why would it magically reappear in the Sorting Hat? Griphook knew nothing of Harry's intention to keep the sword until all the Horcruxes were destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

well, the sword originally got pulled out of the hat, so it's not that far-fetched.

remember magic means anything can happen. it's so convenient!
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Harry pulled the sword out of the sorting hat in Book 2, right? So that poor goblin's idea that the goblin's creations belong to the goblin creators was thwarted by that magical sorting hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Banned

Bug pulled his "sword" out of his pants at comic-con as was immediately tackled and arrested.

no it was a penis not a sword

cease with the nerd speak

Time to answer both questions via EW's special Harry Potter issue.

How did the sword get into the Sorting Hat after Griphook took it?

"The same way it got from Dumbledore's office into Harry's hand in book 2-because Neville Longbottom is a true (and brave) Gryffindor."

Why was Draco the rightful owner of the Elder Wand? How did that work against Voldemort?

"Deep breath: When Draco disarmed Dumbledore at the end of book 6, the Elder Wand-won by the headmaster when he dueled Grindelwald-passed its allegiance to young Malfoy, not to Snape, whose "murder" of Dumbledore was prearranged and therefore not a defeat. Then Harry won Draco's wand at Malfoy Manor. So when Voldemort tried to kill Harry with the Elder Wand and Harry countered using Draco's wand, the two wands effectively cancelled the other out. The Elder Wand realized it was attacking Draco's wand, refused to act against its master, and rebounded the Killing curse back onto Voldemort. The Dark Lord never had a chance."

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post

"Deep breath: When Draco disarmed Dumbledore at the end of book 6, the Elder Wand-won by the headmaster when he dueled Grindelwald-passed its allegiance to young Malfoy, not to Snape, whose "murder" of Dumbledore was prearranged and therefore not a defeat. Then Harry won Draco's wand at Malfoy Manor. So when Voldemort tried to kill Harry with the Elder Wand and Harry countered using Draco's wand, the two wands effectively cancelled the other out. The Elder Wand realized it was attacking Draco's wand, refused to act against its master, and rebounded the Killing curse back onto Voldemort. The Dark Lord never had a chance."
    Hmmm...still, if Harry's hadn't snagged Malfoy's wand in a happenstance moment of chaos, it wouldn't have worked. Harry just lucky. That's all.

Poor Griphook, having his sword taken from him by Longbottom.

I can FINALLY enter this thread! Finished the book over the weekend...

I thought that JK did a great job of keeping the tension and suspense going with all of the jumping around in the forrests, etc., when the Horcrux search was going.
    Only complaint is I would have liked a little bit more of a battle at the end, but all in all, I think it was the best book of the series.

And, with that ending...she definitely kept the door WIDE open for more Hogwarts.

So yeah, I was right... Fuck yeah.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Poor Griphook, having his sword taken from him by Longbottom.
    hey, you actually see the beginnings of him as a fairly decent wizard in the 5th book. by the 7th he totally doesn't suck.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    hey, you actually see the beginnings of him as a fairly decent wizard in the 5th book. by the 7th he totally doesn't suck.
    I just meant I thought Griphook had a point. He who made it, should be the owner. Wizards stole from the goblins again.

I just meant I thought Griphook had a point. He who made it, should be the owner. Wizards stole from the goblins again.
    Finders Keepers!

The wizards BOUGHT it from the goblins. The problem is the wizards think once they buy something, it's theirs, and they can give it to their wizard heirs when they die. The goblins think once the wizards buy something goblin-made and then die, the object goes back to the goblins. Kinda fucked up of the goblins, imo.

vinylmartyr

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    The wizards BOUGHT it from the goblins.
    actually you don't know that about the sword. she never clarifies whether it was stolen or commissioned and paid for or what, although to the goblins none of those would make a significant difference.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    The wizards BOUGHT it from the goblins. The problem is the wizards think once they buy something, it's theirs, and they can give it to their wizard heirs when they die. The goblins think once the wizards buy something goblin-made and then die, the object goes back to the goblins. Kinda fucked up of the goblins, imo.
    Wouldn't that be funny if that's how we did it here in the US? Someone dies, and you got to send all their shit to a thousands of different Chinese people.

OK, Corinna. You're right. I should never assume something that is not specifically written out to that effect. I guess Bill (?) explained the goblins' viewpoint to Harry without knowing what the topic of discussion was.

bill wasn't talking about the sword. he was explaining goblin proprietary notions, using his auntie muriel's tiara as an example.