View Poll Results: So who eats more shit for breakfast?

Voters
496. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nickelback

    211 42.54%
  • Hinder

    36 7.26%
  • Linkin Park

    46 9.27%
  • Maroon 5

    14 2.82%
  • The Killers

    6 1.21%
  • My Chemical Romance

    58 11.69%
  • Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

    13 2.62%
  • Papa Roach

    28 5.65%
  • Evanescence

    31 6.25%
  • Black Eyed Peas, with Fugly Fergie

    53 10.69%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 235

Thread: Worst band of the 00's?

  1. #31
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Why the fuck is Maroon 5 on this list? Do you just have absolute contempt for pop music that gets played on VH1?!? Fucking christ you are pretentious... That band made one of the best records of 2002, hands down, and their follow-up is pretty damn good (better than [and with more goddamn substance than] fucking Icky Thump) since they, you know, actually TOOK THEIR TIME to create a 2nd album instead of bowing to record company pressure and churning out a half-assed shit-fest a year or two after their last record (see. Icky Thump, again, A Weekend In The City, etc.).
    Personally, I loathe Maroon 5 with the strength of 1000 suns. I have no problem liking anything that is good and on the radio or VH1 (there isn't much). But wow, these guys make me want to jam sharp object into my ear canal. The lead singer's voice is so crazy annoying and they write syrupy garbage. It almost sounds like they are trying to be more rock version Justin Timberlake on the songs I have heard on the new CD (which unfortunately is many since they always decide to play it if I am ever in a Borders or Barnes & Noble). And seriously, that is very lame.

  2. #32
    The Fro PassiveTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,040

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    Not two threads, just one person.

    A rock version of Justin Timberlake? You have to be seriously fucking kidding me. They have more funk and soul than that Michael Jackson wannabe will ever fucking possess, not to mention that Adam Levine actually has a digestible voice, unlike said former boy band singer. Go listen to "Through With You", "Little of You" and "Can't Stop" and then come back trying to say shit like they sound like Justin fucking Timberlake...
    Last edited by PassiveTheory; 07-12-2007 at 08:04 AM.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

    Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014


    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denvah
    Posts
    8,516

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    I slept with half of Maroon 5.

  4. #34
    The Fro PassiveTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,040

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    Sexy.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

    Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014


    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

  5. #35
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    I think Maroon 5 is alright. I like Phoenix more.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  6. #36
    The Fro PassiveTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,040

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    Phoenix... Phoenix... I've heard that name before...

    Haven't they done something with Air?...
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

    Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014


    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

  7. #37
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Phoenix... Phoenix... I've heard that name before...

    Haven't they done something with Air?...
    Probably, they're both French.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  8. #38

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Not two threads, just one person.

    A rock version of Justin Timberlake? You have to be seriously fucking kidding me. They have more funk and soul than that Michael Jackson wannabe will ever fucking possess, not to mention that Adam Levine actually has a digestible voice, unlike said former boy band singer. Go listen to "Through With You", "Little of You" and "Can't Stop" and then come back trying to say shit like they sound like Justin fucking Timberlake...
    you give maroon 5 waaayyy to much credit. And for the record Adam Levine has one of the most annoying voices out there.

  9. #39
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Why the fuck is Maroon 5 on this list? Do you just have absolute contempt for pop music that gets played on VH1?!? Fucking christ you are pretentious... That band made one of the best records of 2002, hands down, and their follow-up is pretty damn good (better than [and with more goddamn substance than] fucking Icky Thump) since they, you know, actually TOOK THEIR TIME to create a 2nd album instead of bowing to record company pressure and churning out a half-assed shit-fest a year or two after their last record (see. Icky Thump, again, A Weekend In The City, etc.).



    As to what I voted? I would have voted for Limp Bizkit but they're hardly relevant anymore... So I picked that awful, substance-less,tasteless garbage known as Evanescence...
    are you for real with this maroon 5 crap. you must be a large mediterranean chestnut

    Quote Originally Posted by thinnerair View Post
    people cared about limp bizkit in the 90s, not in the 00s.
    they caused so much damage i still cringe at the thought of them.

  10. #40
    old school
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,901

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Probably, they're both French.
    Phoenix did a cover of Air's "Playground Love" which is on YouTube.
    You can find it.
    I am going to get so blown to Cypress Hill while they play.

  11. #41
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,562

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    MCR gives me an urge to commit mass murder and slay small animals.

    I voted for them.

  12. #42
    Member disgustipated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    2,173

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    AFI is not on the list.































    why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

  13. #43
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,760

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Why the fuck is Maroon 5 on this list? Do you just have absolute contempt for pop music that gets played on VH1?!? Fucking christ you are pretentious... That band made one of the best records of 2002, hands down, and their follow-up is pretty damn good (better than [and with more goddamn substance than] fucking Icky Thump) since they, you know, actually TOOK THEIR TIME to create a 2nd album instead of bowing to record company pressure and churning out a half-assed shit-fest a year or two after their last record (see. Icky Thump, again, A Weekend In The City, etc.).

    As to what I voted? I would have voted for Limp Bizkit but they're hardly relevant anymore... So I picked that awful, substance-less,tasteless garbage known as Evanescence...
    Well, pop music on VH1 is adult contemporary shit, but even that garbage is 100 times better than Maroon 5, the most god-awful band after ICP and Nickelback. Moron 5 is a bunch of frat boy types with no sense or appreciation for art or real emotional expressions making syrupy cheese for the sole purpose of getting rich and screwing sluts. Maroon 5 is for sorority girls too dumb for John Mayer and Coldplay.

    And the absolute worst over-synthesized voice in the history of music. I thought computers were supposed to be able to make anyone sound good. Guess not.

  14. #44

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    well put

  15. #45
    Member All That I Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Parlier, CA
    Posts
    1,503

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    Right after I got back from Coachella 2005 my friend called me and said that she had an extra ticket to go see Maroon 5, so i decided if it was free i'm game to check out someting i'm not into. Hell, who knows they might even surprise me.
    well....they didn't.
    The show was horrible, the lead singers voice sounded like shit, and i wasn't the one who said it, it was the girls who wanted to go to the concert that were complaining. The whole thing was really long and full of fake rockstar energy. They closed the show with a cover of ACDC's highway to hell, which confused the shit out of me, because i only know them for their TRL friendly ballads. But you should have seen the looks on the audiences faces, they were like "My dad listens to this."
    It was horrible but made me appreciate my Coachella experience even more.
    I miss Bill Hicks.

  16. #46
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,897

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Moron 5 is a bunch of frat boy types with no sense or appreciation for art or real emotional expressions making syrupy cheese for the sole purpose of getting rich and screwing sluts. Maroon 5 is for sorority girls too dumb for John Mayer and Coldplay.
    Syrupy cheese in pop music is at least 100 years old, probably older. Hell, half the operatic canon is syrupy cheese. (sorry John).

    IMO it takes more than just overly sentimental tripe to qualify as The Worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  17. #47
    The Fro PassiveTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,040

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Well, pop music on VH1 is adult contemporary shit, but even that garbage is 100 times better than Maroon 5, the most god-awful band after ICP and Nickelback. Moron 5 is a bunch of frat boy types with no sense or appreciation for art or real emotional expressions making syrupy cheese for the sole purpose of getting rich and screwing sluts. Maroon 5 is for sorority girls too dumb for John Mayer and Coldplay.

    And the absolute worst over-synthesized voice in the history of music. I thought computers were supposed to be able to make anyone sound good. Guess not.
    Frat boys? The fuck?!? You must have a vastly different definition to that term than the general populace... Just the fact that you have to resort to a stupid fucking insult like "Moron 5" completely invalidates whatever point you were trying to string together.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

    Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014


    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

  18. #48
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,506

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    the worst band of the 00s is the Fall Out Boy / Panic! at the Disco / The Academy Is.. / Cute Is What We Aim For / All-American Rejects conglomerate. They're really all the same band. They find cute, relatively pimple-less late teens, give them haircuts, teach them how to say 'fuck' every once in a while (but not too often), and have them lipsync to the same computer-generated emopop.
    I think all those bands can be bunched in with My Chemical Romance.

    God I hate that band.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  19. #49
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,897

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    yeah, i voted for MCR even though I don't think of them as part of that ilk.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  20. #50
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,760

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    PassiveTheory, your signature invalidates your everything.

  21. #51
    Member Good Days Last's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,330

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    Nickelback is alright.

    Linkin Park is alright. (They brought something new at one point)

    Maroon 5 is alright. Only dig the singles though.

    The Killers are over rated with their "headline" status.

    MCR... no problem with them. I just don't bother with them.

    CYHSY. Don't listen to them but I'm sure they suck.

    Papa Roach was good at one point until they slipped into the mainstream.

    Evenescenceecese was good before they broke out. Nightwish is better.

    Can't stand the BEP one bit, but the dude that "sings" for Hinder... is just horrible horrible horrible....

    X100000000000000000000000.

  22. #52
    Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,885

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    Timberlake >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Maroon 5




    Be serious, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

  23. #53
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,506

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    All those bands on the list >>> Arctic Monkeys
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  24. #54
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,760

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    William Hung >>>>>>>> Maroon 5

  25. #55
    The Fro PassiveTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,040

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    Now we have learned of Boourns secret love for William Hung.

    It's okay, man, there are people who can help you with that...
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

    Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014


    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

  26. #56
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,760

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    Adam Levine is a terrorist.

  27. #57
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,506

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    She Bang! She Bang! Oh baby when she moves, she moves! She go crazy!
    Cuz she looks like flower and she sting like bee!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  28. #58
    Member kamikaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    170

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    No question about it, CREED! BLEGHHH (I just vomited...a lot)

    HAHAHA, this bio is fucking classic. Those wicker cowboy hat wearing douche bags destroyed the last half of generation X!

    http://www.creed.com/band/bio.html


  29. #59
    Member atom heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the void
    Posts
    667

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    The fact that Panic! at the Disco is not included basically invalidates this poll.

    If I had more love of Karma Police this post would be more vehement, and Tom already covered everything.

  30. #60
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,760

    Default Re: Worst band of the 00's?

    There's only room for 10 choices, so no Panic! Yeah, they are horrible, but they do have one redeeming feature: Lucent Dossier.

    I consider Creed more of a 90's band. "With Arms Wide Open" came out in '99, right?

Similar Threads

  1. THIS IS THE WORST LINEUP EVER
    By travolta in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 10:43 PM
  2. BEST 00's BANDS
    By RATMan in forum Polls
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 12:21 AM
  3. What would be worst?
    By betao in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 02:54 PM
  4. Kaiser Chiefs Officially Worst Band in Lineup
    By bludevil007 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 10:48 AM
  5. Worst Lineup Ever
    By jpindio in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-30-2007, 09:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •