1 9.09%
  • Sunburn

3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Mix Voting (Group B)

Default Mix Voting (Group B)

Mixes can be found on the first page here:
    http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10540

This is the only voting; this is not a bracket system. Mixes are split into 3 groups only because they can’t all fit under 1 poll.

This is meant to be anonymous. Feel free to identify yourself & tracklisting after voting has closed.

Poll will be open for 10 days

YOU CAN VOTE FOR MULTIPLE MIXES (i.e. vote for all 5 in Group B if it fancies yer wankee)

Feel free to leave your reviews here.

You are eligible to vote if you:
    a) submitted a mix
    -or-
    b) provide detailed feed back to at least 3 mixes

I don’t give a flying fuck if you vote for yourself

There will be some sort of prize, probably a gift cert to some Russian Mafia MP3 site.
    Last edited by bug on your lip; 07-11-2007 at 08:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Default Re: Mix Voting (Group B)

The only mixes I haven't heard are She's Got Self-Control and Mint Bourbon Sugar and Water.I'm gonna listen and offer a few opinions in the Mix of the Day thread.
    Last edited by breakjaw; 07-12-2007 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

OK,now the ONLY mix I haven't heard is She's Got Self-Control.I'll listen tonight and post a few thoughts tomorrow.

looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

old school

wow. remember when this was funny? no? me neither.
    I am going to get so blown to Cypress Hill while they play.

I need to listen to two of these tonight to see what I'm gonna vote for. Or maybe in the car; that could work.

Also can I say again that I don't understand how it is that five people've voted and there are only five votes?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

The Last Great Mix
    This mix is the soundtrack to The Last Great Man’s supposed exploits. It’s a funny concept & a great mix. I’ve listened to this one as much as I’ve listened to the Courez Courez mix. I also like it that the mixer didn’t just throw Eric Clapton’s “Cocaine” on there & call it a day. The LGM references are in the lyrics, i.e. “ You’re not as weird as you’d like me to think”. That means the mixer really knows these songs & I like that. Track 05 was nice & funky with a summa flow. Track 13 takes you down the gravel country road, kickin up dust.
    Decision: gets mah vote

Mint Bourbon Sugar and Water
    This mix had probably the best opening track of any in the contest. Hearted it. & a nice flow into Track 2. By this point I had high hopes, then it started to go downhill. Not a great Massive Attack song. Then followed by a couple of dark rock songs that have completely pulled this from the free form cool jazz vibe… I really dug track 10 tho.
    Decision: HeLLLLLl Nawwwwwwww

The Pancake & Waffle Mix
    I was so conflicted on this one. Dead Milkmen, Taco, Andy Bird, Track 05. Damn, that’s good eats. I just think that the technical prowess of the other mixes really hurts this one.
    Decision: HeLLLLL Nawwwwww

She's Got Self-Control Mix“I Know What Boys Like” by the Waitresses is such a solid track, I could almost vote for this based on that one song. But I won’t. Not a bad mix, I just think the mixer’s tastes and mine just don’t……..ahhhhh………mix
    Decision: HeLLLLLL Nawwwwwwwww

Sunburn
    Track 01 sounds like a gawd damn music troupe performing at an amusement park. Yuck. Track 02 was delicious tho. That will become a permanent fixture on my iTunes. Mix gets boring for a couple songs but then Track 06 picks it up. It has a nice hook & rhythm. Track 07 might be my fav of the mix, I like the melody. Cool lil ditty. Nice Dino pick. Track 11 sounds like mid 80s New Wave, I like that shit. Guilty pleasure. Track 12 is cute. Track 13 is interesting, kinda makes me think this is what the Lightning Seeds would sound like in the year 2007. Holy shit Track 15 is terrible.
    There a lot of lame moments in this mix but also a lot of good songs from bands I don’t listen to. So in the spirit of discovery I will give it my vote.
    Decision: gets mah vote
    Last edited by bug on your lip; 07-17-2007 at 09:34 AM.

The more I hear The Last Great Mix,the more I wish I could add a vote for it as well.It flows really,really well and the mix of songs is perfect.I think it was like like the 3rd mix I heard,and I went back and listened to the first couple,but not this one.It's great,really great.

And by this,I definitely do not mean I would want to retract my vote for Mint Bourbon Sugar and Water.That was the the first mix I definitely knew I wanted to vote for.It just had the right kinda songs for me.

BJ

i don't have a prob with adding a vote to LGM for you. it's a system limitation not really a "breaking the rules"....
    we'll see what Foi sez.... she's get uppity about these kind of rule grey areas

Thanks.I guess I thought the multiple voting thing would allow me to vote after I exited the thread.I wouldn't change any other votes but just add a vote for it.Maybe this will cause some controversy if it comes down to another mix beating it by 1 vote.We could start all new polls for another 10 days and everything.
    I just thought it was a real good mix is all.

I would have voted for LGM if not for the principle of not wanting to fuel his delusional egocentrism.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Cmon,drink the Kool-Aid...

MGS&W mix is pretty good. the first three tracks are great, it really sets a very good vibe. after that it's kind of hit and miss, though mostly hit. but the last two tracks just sort of cut off, that was weird.

She's Got Self Control is cute to start with, but then gets weepy. It starts out kind of campy (The Waitresses, etc), then gets into the women folk singer vibe in the middle. it redeems itself a bit with ? but then devolves again. Bonus points for #19. But all in all this seems like random play to me.
    Last edited by TomAz; 07-18-2007 at 07:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Bug this is your (weird and not really count-verifiable) contest. You do what choo want.

York - I can tell you that the last great mix was not necessarily made by the last great man if that changes your mind aboot voting for it.

Personally I think lastgreatmix and this town's bruised are the best and should go head to head. You Don't Deserve Summer is a refreshing delight but no one here will like it. Besides me and somebody who shall remain nameless' alias.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Seeing as I'm the only person who voted for my entry, I'm throwing myself behind the The Last Great Mix which was my actual favorite of the bunch, and disturbingly accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

I liked 3000 Mix alot.It was the first mix I listened to in the contest,and I've listened 3 or 4 times since.I thought the Tom Waits track was great,and the only thing I did not like was the "fun oldies" song at #5,and only because that's all they play at work.It's actually a good song.In particular the Spanish songs made this mix really stand out.And Track 10 and the Femmes song.
    Last edited by breakjaw; 07-19-2007 at 10:29 AM.

Yeah, fine I knock people for not voting for enough mixes and I only vote for one.

Some thought was put into The Last Great Mix even if it befuddles me as to why. But this isn't about rewarding work/thought, this is about good mixes for listening and this one fails. I don't really like the songs.

D'oh, I gotta go. More comments when I remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Oh, I figured he wasn't involved and that's why I kind of fell bad not voting for it.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

OK,since voting is over(?) and there currently exists a 3-Way Tie (that reminds me of the Minutemen album) between Last Great Mix,This Town's Bruised,and Joan Cusack Mix,what about a playoff poll where EVERYONE (not just those who submitted mixes or opinions) can decide between the 3?I feel since it's so close,another poll is warranted.
    EDIT
    And I wish to applaud Mr. Slim Wang for staying classy through this whole Last Great mix thing.He probably won't be able to read the boards for a day or two,and when he does,it'll all be in robot voices...
    Last edited by breakjaw; 07-22-2007 at 07:49 AM.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

When have I ever not been classy?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

wait a sec

i need to make sure all the votes are on the up n up
    Last edited by bug on your lip; 07-23-2007 at 05:57 AM.

Cool.
    (I bumped this so it wouldn't fall below the Polyps in Bush's Colon thread)