Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to Force a Ticketmaster Refund?

Default Re: How to Force a Ticketmaster Refund?

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    I have a series of questions about this that I was going to hold off on, but now that you had to go and be a dick...

Question The First: Did you seriously get dressed up in a shirt and tie to go to a Decemberists show because the LA Philharmonic were accompanying them? Follow-up question: Do you ever intend to see a vagina in your life?

Question The Second: Which movie of gaudy wop stereotypes did you manage to sneak into the wardrobe department of to steal that tie?

Question The Third: Does it hurt you to know that your mother doesn't love you enough to stop you from walking out the door looking like that?

Question The Fourth: Why does EVERY picture of you about to go to a show look EXACTLY THE SAME? Same crimes against fashion, shot at the same angle in front of the same fucking door, with the same inches of hair coated in six inches of super strength gel and exactly the same amount of fat in your fat fucking face?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    well, PF was saying they do if the show get canceled.
    Does his ticket say amon tobin on it?

If I had a ticket that said Amon Tobin on it, and Amon Tobin didnt play, i would get a refund for the face.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

a what if? what if it was like in NO and Katrina came .. the show is cancelled ... a refund or an act of God, so sorry Charlie .. what would be fair ?

I think they would either refund or postpone the show to a later date. (just a guess).
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Post Re: How to Force a Ticketmaster Refund?

Well, well, well... Let us see: If Ticket Master, say, sold out all of the available seats to a show for a band that isn't likely to sell out again for any other event, and, say, someone who wanted a ticket to that event couldn't get one because they were all sold out, and, also, isn't likely to check with TM again, then returning your ticket would cost them or the artists. I call Ticket Master wanting a ticket to see Paul McCartney and Robert Smith's "Riegning Holy Hell Over Europe Tour" (Which Doesn't Exist, But Should) for example, which would sell out farely fast, and, then, whimsicly return the ticket, people may not check with TM and assume they're sold out, thus, not only a loss in sales, but an empty seat; how will Paul and Robert feel? Also, reading the TM contractual Factual Agreeer thing a ma bob, it declares, beholdenly: "Thou Shalt Not Request An Refund From Thy Ticket Masterhoodness". And, that you have bought the ticket from Paul McCartney and Robert Smith's "Riegning Holy Hell Over Europe Enterprises" so, call them, fool. Finally, if they allowd returns, you'd have people frivolously, and annoyingly buying mutiple tickets to multiple events, then changing their minds, causing people to have to constantly check for vacancies like it was a college course. Then you'd have OCD type behaviour where someone like, with enough, money, could buy all of the tickets to a show and hold them ransom unless the artists agree to eat a 1000 twinkies before each set or some other consorted haphazardry.
    And, the "WOP" thing... If I didn't already have papers I'd start a Mob over some bunk like that. Wait a minute, I think it's actually talk like that that contributed to inspiring some Italians to start a group you may recall known as "Mafioso". You would not last very long in Chicago, my friend. I cheeck, but seriously, the tie isn't even anywhere near italian, as far as italian style goes, so, your comments are clearly... I'll stop there, but you're lucky they're in the resteraunt business these days, oping my own stereotype, to be sure. Where would you be without the gyro, hater? Additionally, I am not Rating this thread because of that language.
    And, yes, "An-Arch-EEE", really means a lack of an Arc, or government, which all societies seek. Comminust, Christian, Pagan, etc. Not all that are Communist, Christian, Pagan, etc. but they all seem to generate toward such an advancement, yet, fall short in religous oppression, Orwellien Oversight, or a Lack of Order. Anarchy is the most rational form of society that may never exist, in my opinion, and, when it does is generally short lived because it is so easy in such a society to create a need for a Monarchy, Oligarchy, etc. whereinas it is generally easy to pummel someone for their berries and get away with it in a society where their are no consequenses for bringing harm to others, yet, one could, and I do, also, argue, that in such a society people fear and/or respect eachother more than the law, because what each individual deems love is the law. Ideally, this leads one to arguments about the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. Anarchy is not the problem, yet, it is,perhaps, succeptable to those who would embellish problematic behavior on others.
    The fear of anarchy is somewhat rediculous, actually; the idea that slipping into an anarchic state will happen in a Democracy, or an Oligarchy, for example, desn't make sense, since, a true Anarchy only exists when their is no law and no law-holders. If you really want to move towards Anarchy you'll be better off salvaging the Republic first.
    Amen.
    I had more to say about some other things, but i feel if anyone were to read this they're probably already drowning.
    Paul McCartney and Robert Smith should kick it. Also, upon reading this I will have become your god...

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Rush

queer

I don't think you used "embellish" correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny-5.1 View Post
    Well, well, well... Let us see: If Ticket Master, say, sold out all of the available seats to a show for a band that isn't likely to sell out again for any other event, and, say, someone who wanted a ticket to that event couldn't get one because they were all sold out, and, also, isn't likely to check with TM again, then returning your ticket would cost them or the artists. I call Ticket Master wanting a ticket to see Paul McCartney and Robert Smith's "Riegning Holy Hell Over Europe Tour" (Which Doesn't Exist, But Should) for example, which would sell out farely fast, and, then, whimsicly return the ticket, people may not check with TM and assume they're sold out, thus, not only a loss in sales, but an empty seat; how will Paul and Robert feel? Also, reading the TM contractual Factual Agreeer thing a ma bob, it declares, beholdenly: "Thou Shalt Not Request An Refund From Thy Ticket Masterhoodness". And, that you have bought the ticket from Paul McCartney and Robert Smith's "Riegning Holy Hell Over Europe Enterprises" so, call them, fool. Finally, if they allowd returns, you'd have people frivolously, and annoyingly buying mutiple tickets to multiple events, then changing their minds, causing people to have to constantly check for vacancies like it was a college course. Then you'd have OCD type behaviour where someone like, with enough, money, could buy all of the tickets to a show and hold them ransom unless the artists agree to eat a 1000 twinkies before each set or some other consorted haphazardry.
    And, the "WOP" thing... If I didn't already have papers I'd start a Mob over some bunk like that. Wait a minute, I think it's actually talk like that that contributed to inspiring some Italians to start a group you may recall known as "Mafioso". You would not last very long in Chicago, my friend. I cheeck, but seriously, the tie isn't even anywhere near italian, as far as italian style goes, so, your comments are clearly... I'll stop there, but you're lucky they're in the resteraunt business these days, oping my own stereotype, to be sure. Where would you be without the gyro, hater? Additionally, I am not Rating this thread because of that language.
    And, yes, "An-Arch-EEE", really means a lack of an Arc, or government, which all societies seek. Comminust, Christian, Pagan, etc. Not all that are Communist, Christian, Pagan, etc. but they all seem to generate toward such an advancement, yet, fall short in religous oppression, Orwellien Oversight, or a Lack of Order. Anarchy is the most rational form of society that may never exist, in my opinion, and, when it does is generally short lived because it is so easy in such a society to create a need for a Monarchy, Oligarchy, etc. whereinas it is generally easy to pummel someone for their berries and get away with it in a society where their are no consequenses for bringing harm to others, yet, one could, and I do, also, argue, that in such a society people fear and/or respect eachother more than the law, because what each individual deems love is the law. Ideally, this leads one to arguments about the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. Anarchy is not the problem, yet, it is,perhaps, succeptable to those who would embellish problematic behavior on others.
    The fear of anarchy is somewhat rediculous, actually; the idea that slipping into an anarchic state will happen in a Democracy, or an Oligarchy, for example, desn't make sense, since, a true Anarchy only exists when their is no law and no law-holders. If you really want to move towards Anarchy you'll be better off salvaging the Republic first.
    Amen.
    I had more to say about some other things, but i feel if anyone were to read this they're probably already drowning.
    02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.2

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny-5.1 View Post
    Well, well, well
    Stopped reading there
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Randy can you believe Tom Delay is on DWTS??? OMG!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

em·bel·lish
    Pronunciation: \im-ˈbe-lish\
    Function: transitive verb
    Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French embeliss-, stem of embelir, from en- + bel beautiful — more at beauty
    Date: 14th century
    1 : to make beautiful with ornamentation : decorate <a book embellished with illustrations>
    2 : to heighten the attractiveness of by adding decorative or fanciful details : enhance <embellished our account of the trip>
    My use of the word there is to suggest that those that are susceptible to having their berries stolen are alraedy attractive targets; the "embellishment" that I was trying to convey is that which takes place when the berry holders get took, ot "got" as it is said.
    A person alone with berries.... so, beautiful to an opportunist in want of berries. And a person left for dead, with an empty basket, dripping with berry juice, would be a wonderous "embellished" array of beauty to another opportunist in want of berries looking for a good place to settle down and form a berry-snatching ring.
    Paul McCartney and Robert Smith should kick it. Also, upon reading this I will have become your god...

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

This board has the worst god damned fuckers ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

You can try to insure your tickets at $7/ticket:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/insurance/

Losing $7/ticket may be less than however much you would lose if sell for market value below face. But you may need some kind of valid reason though.

This thread is a fucking YEAR old.

But the correct answer was.........find a way to cancel the show and you will get a refund. If that is what you are so hung up about.

I recently did get a Ticketmaster refund. A few weeks back i went online to Ticketmaster to buy a few tickets for the Monsters of Folk show that was coming to town. I bought them right when they went on sale at 10am. At first they gave me two tickets in the 10th row. I bought them thinking that seats were going quick and I might not be able to get better tickets if I refreshed. So I bought the two tickets.

I wondered if they still had better seats still so I went back and tried to get another two tickets. This time tm gave me two tickets in the 1st row. Not sure how these were open now and I had already bought the others, I figured I would be able to cancel the first order after I bought the second order. So I quickly bought the second pair and looked around the website to see if I could cancel the first order online. No luck.

I did find a customer service # and called that instead. I talked to a nice lady and informed her I wanted to cancel the first order but keep the second one. I couldn't find how to do it online and asked if she could help with the situation. She said you can't cancel a ticket order online but she could help and cancel the first credit card order I did because I had just bought the tickets and it was still the same day. I think she said this is the only way to get a refund. After the first day you can't get your money back. Refund and I got tickets in row1.
    There it is...
    I'm losing my edge...