Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 82

Thread: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

  1. #1

    Default Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    Found it listed as the location for Coachella 2008 on The Desert Sun (local newspaper) web site.

    Link

    Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival

    Empire Polo Club
    2008 dates TBD

    The alternative rock festival, now a three-day event, has gotten nods in the affirmative from such world music scribes as Rolling Stone magazine and England's NME.

    Fans the world over flock to the festival for the music, art and short films.

    2007

    Estimated attendance: 180,000

  2. #2
    old school fober's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,526

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    RIP FRESNOCHELLA 2008
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓


  3. #3
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    Wooooooooooooooooooooot!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Wooooooooooooooooooooot!
    Exactly!

  5. #5
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    Thanks Captain obvious.

  6. #6
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    27,680

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    Is that a solid confirm? Seems like that's just them stating coachella, and it could be an assumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  7. #7
    old school matsuolost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    buenos aires
    Posts
    2,551

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Thanks Captain obvious.
    why do you always have to be such a jerk?
    as predicted by nostradamus

  8. #8

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Is that a solid confirm? Seems like that's just them stating coachella, and it could be an assumption.
    I would like to think that even a small local paper such as that confirms things before writing about them. The city of Indio actually has a "Special Events" department which would make it a very simple thing to do.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    Just found a date listing for it, also from The Desert Sun's web page

    April 25, 26, and 27th, 2008!

    Link
    Last edited by Trassin; 07-09-2007 at 11:18 PM.

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,931

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by Trassin View Post
    Just found a date listing for it also from The Desert Sun's web page

    April 25, 26, and 27th, 2008!

    Link
    Good work!

    Sweet, my hotel reservations can remain the same.

  11. #11
    business time tessalasset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,978

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    Wow, they just announce it earlier and earlier each year.

    If these are the true dates, which I don't doubt, heads up you ticket price whiners: Start saving up now! A couple bucks a day and you'll be good in no time. Out of state travelers, better make that like 5 or 10 bucks a day.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

  12. #12
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,359

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    That is awesome! I am excited!
    I have already started saving money. Im planning on presale for next year too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

  13. #13
    Member All That I Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Parlier, CA
    Posts
    1,503

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    I'm gonna call and reserve my hotel as soon as i sober up!
    I miss Bill Hicks.

  14. #14
    Member All That I Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Parlier, CA
    Posts
    1,503

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    ...and although I have no official sources i'm gonna go ahead and confirm Perry Ferrel for a performance in 2008, 2009, 2010.
    I miss Bill Hicks.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    cold white north
    Posts
    2,280

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    FUCK YEAH
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

  16. #16
    Member All That I Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Parlier, CA
    Posts
    1,503

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    I got my rooms reserved at the motel 6!
    I miss Bill Hicks.

  17. #17
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,983

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    Wow, they just announce it earlier and earlier each year.

    If these are the true dates, which I don't doubt, heads up you ticket price whiners: Start saving up now! A couple bucks a day and you'll be good in no time. Out of state travelers, better make that like 5 or 10 bucks a day.
    what are you some kind of foreigner? don't do it people. don't listen to her.

    A real, red-blooded, true American will just max out his/her credit cards, rather than "saving up". Fiscal responsibility is a venal, dangerous concept that is the work of people who hate America.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

  18. #18
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,983

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    Also, the hotels apparently know the dates already, too. The Hampton Inn in Palm Desert wants $299 per night. that's gotta be at least double the normal rate there.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

  19. #19
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,931

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    The Fairfield Inn, while nothing fancy, is a very reasonable hotel at a reasonable price. I highly recommend it.

  20. #20
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,585

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    what are you some kind of foreigner? don't do it people. don't listen to her.

    A real, red-blooded, true American will just max out his/her credit cards, rather than "saving up". Fiscal responsibility is a venal, dangerous concept that is the work of people who hate America.
    thats my plan. worked out this year. FUCK SAVING MONEY, THE GOVERNMENT WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU. oh wait, i was born here, im fucked.
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

  21. #21
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,419

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    So which day is the Portishead day?

  22. #22
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,983

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    The Fairfield Inn, while nothing fancy, is a very reasonable hotel at a reasonable price. I highly recommend it.
    Fairfield Inn (Marriott) is about the same quality of service/room as Hampton Inn (Hilton).

    Fairfield Inn is showing $179 vs. Hampton Inn's $299.

    wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

  23. #23
    old school
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,901

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    Tessa...If I start saving up $6 a day now, then I can take you out when I get to coachella and we can snack on gummy worms for DAYS!!
    I am going to get so blown to Cypress Hill while they play.

  24. #24
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,931

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Fairfield Inn (Marriott) is about the same quality of service/room as Hampton Inn (Hilton).

    Fairfield Inn is showing $179 vs. Hampton Inn's $299.

    wtf?
    Yeah, that's what I thought too, which is why I was surprised to see the $299 price tag. I forget the street name, but the street that Fairfield is off of makes it so easy to get to Coachella. Take that road for like 7-8 miles or so (little to no traffic each day), make a right and go for a mile or so, then take that clusterfuck left by the grocery store, followed by the right into the Polo Fields. Pretty simple.

  25. #25
    aprillynnn
    Guest

    Talking Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    yay! I got my condo booked..

  26. #26
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,585

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    someone wanna share a room?
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

  27. #27
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    thats my plan. worked out this year. FUCK SAVING MONEY, THE GOVERNMENT WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU. oh wait, i was born here, im fucked.
    the government does not buy coachella tickets for illegal aliens, nor does it force you to buy your own.

  28. #28
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,552

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    I booked the Motel 6 in May for $89/night. I'll be bringing my own pillow and blanket.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  29. #29
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,983

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    don't forget the bug spray. and handiwipes.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

  30. #30
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,552

    Default Re: Empire Polo Club confirmed for 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    don't forget the bug spray. and handiwipes.
    I always have the handiwipes, but GOOD CALL on the bug spray.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Similar Threads

  1. Inland Empire to Coachella
    By iwalkthruwalls@hotmail.co in forum Carpools
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 05:05 PM
  2. Recent Empire Polo Grounds Pix
    By SumrSplndr in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 12:45 PM
  3. So where exactly is Empire Polo Field any way?
    By demonomania in forum Questions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 10:11 AM
  4. inland empire pre-coachella party
    By johnnystar in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 05:38 AM
  5. ANYONE COMING DOWN FROM THE INLAND EMPIRE
    By johnnystar in forum Carpools
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-24-2007, 09:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •