Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: 16 hours locked in a toilet.

  1. #1
    old school Stefinitely Maybe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    2,603

    Default 16 hours locked in a toilet.

    This is pretty funny, in a tragic sort of way.

    I was locked in a toilet once, a few years ago. I was at a housewarming party at this huge house in London, but some of the building works hadn't quite been finished. I went to use the bathroom but someone was in there, so I decided to head upstairs to find another instead. I found one, and pulled the door shut behind me, and then realised there was no handle. I tried to open the door again, but it was totally impossible from the inside. I stood for about five minutes wondering what to do and then I heard someone outside and I shouted for them to come and open the door, and they did. Hardly 16 hours, but it still sucked.
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

  2. #2
    Member All That I Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Parlier, CA
    Posts
    1,503

    Default Re: 16 hours locked in a toilet.

    A workmate of mine went to the gym in his apartment after hours, he knew that usually left the sliding door unlocked. So he was working out and he had to use the restroom, when he was in there someone came around and locked all the doors including the restroom door. He went to leave and then realized he was locked in. Now this guy has a short fuse to begin with, and he admitted he freaked out, He tore the sink from the wall and tried to tunnel through the wall when he realized there was no way to kick in a steel door. When that failed he ripped apart the bathroom stall and used it to try to break through the wall, he pulled wiring from the wall (not such a bright idea when you're standing in water, but he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Finally after four hours they came and let him out. He said the whole bathroom was trashed.
    I miss Bill Hicks.

  3. #3

    Default Re: 16 hours locked in a toilet.

    When I was a little girl in Russia, my mum and I were staying at her bf's datcha. A datcha is kindof like a village for rich people, but people only go in the summer, so we were basically the only people out there. He was going out to town for the weekend, so we went outside to wave him goodbye. A draft shut the door behind us while we were out. It was the middle of winter. I would take a bathroom over that any day.

  4. #4
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    27,692

    Default Re: 16 hours locked in a toilet.

    Rich people in Russia? When was this?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    cold white north
    Posts
    2,280

    Default Re: 16 hours locked in a toilet.

    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

  6. #6

    Default Re: 16 hours locked in a toilet.

    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Rich people in Russia? When was this?
    There's rich people everywhere, smartass.

  7. #7
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    27,692

    Default Re: 16 hours locked in a toilet.

    Well, when you're saying "as a little girl," I'm imagining Soviet Russia. Now, I know that Gorbachev was incorporating some new economic principles into Russian society in the late 80s, but, essentially, the economy still didn't allow for "rich" people, at least until the 90s, and then it was mostly the mafia. Seriously, what's the point in claiming to be "rich" in a socialist state?

    Bartelby's got the idea, there.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  8. #8

    Default Re: 16 hours locked in a toilet.

    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Well, when you're saying "as a little girl," I'm imagining Soviet Russia. Now, I know that Gorbachev was incorporating some new economic principles into Russian society in the late 80s, but, essentially, the economy still didn't allow for "rich" people, at least until the 90s, and then it was mostly the mafia. Seriously, what's the point in claiming to be "rich" in a socialist state?

    Bartelby's got the idea, there.

    "until the 90s, and then it was mostly the mafia."

    Yeeeep.

  9. #9
    old school invisiblerobots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,800

    Default Re: 16 hours locked in a toilet.


  10. #10
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,768

    Default Re: 16 hours locked in a toilet.

    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Well, when you're saying "as a little girl," I'm imagining Soviet Russia. Now, I know that Gorbachev was incorporating some new economic principles into Russian society in the late 80s, but, essentially, the economy still didn't allow for "rich" people, at least until the 90s, and then it was mostly the mafia. Seriously, what's the point in claiming to be "rich" in a socialist state?

    Bartelby's got the idea, there.
    wow, someone has no idea what they're talking about.

    you do realize that the primary purpose of ANY type of government is to maintain the status quo right? so that the rich remain rich and the poor remain poor. i don't care it it's democracy, capitalism, communism....

  11. #11
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    27,692

    Default Re: 16 hours locked in a toilet.

    Show me some images of the "wealthy" in Soviet russia. Sure, there were people, high up in the government, who had more access, and people who lived in the cities had more than people in the rural areas, but there wasn't really a drive economically to become "wealthy" in our idea of the word, because there wasn't any societal drive to make that happen. And, the status quo? The people who were leading the original Soviet government (and who essentially remained in power until its collapse) were either middle or lower class students/farmers. Khrushchev was from a farming family, and Stalin was from a small village.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  12. #12
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,768

    Default Re: 16 hours locked in a toilet.

    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Show me some images of the "wealthy" in Soviet russia. Sure, there were people, high up in the government, who had more access, and people who lived in the cities had more than people in the rural areas, but there wasn't really a drive economically to become "wealthy" in our idea of the word, because there wasn't any societal drive to make that happen. And, the status quo? The people who were leading the original Soviet government (and who essentially remained in power until its collapse) were either middle or lower class students/farmers. Khrushchev was from a farming family, and Stalin was from a small village.
    i know they came from a middle class background, but once they attained power they set up a system to continue to be in power. that was my point. do you really think they were driven by ideology? maybe when they began, but as soon as they attained power they became power hungry bastards. they became who they despised.

  13. #13
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    27,692

    Default Re: 16 hours locked in a toilet.

    Power, not money. Money didn't play much of a part in their thinking, which is one of the reasons the Soviet Union collapsed so horridly. Your point is switching right there, because money and power aren't always the same thing. They weren't driven by their ideology (and I didn't say that) by the end of the Soviet regime; Gorbachev might have wanted to make changes, but he wasn't competent enough to implement them, and Brezhnev was a bumbling idiot who wanted to keep everything the way it was in Stalin's period. Even Khrushchev, who really was interested in making considerable reforms, adhered to the tried-and-true Russian leadership format of a single figurehead who didn't take no guff. And, using lines like "They became who they despised" makes your argument sound like a comic book.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  14. #14
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,768

    Default Re: 16 hours locked in a toilet.

    you're right, power and money are different things. but there is a correlation there. i'm sure those who had power were better off than those who didn't. i don't think mayors, for example, stood in line to buy bread.

  15. #15
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    27,692

    Default Re: 16 hours locked in a toilet.

    They had more access, to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  16. #16
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,587

    Default Re: 16 hours locked in a toilet.

    16 hrs!! thats shitty.
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

  17. #17
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    20,838

    Default Re: 16 hours locked in a toilet.

    I'd like to know what genius architect decided that those tiny little rooms with nothing in it but a toilet is a good idea. I hate those fucking stalls.

  18. #18

    Default Re: 16 hours locked in a toilet.

    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Power, not money. Money didn't play much of a part in their thinking, which is one of the reasons the Soviet Union collapsed so horridly. Your point is switching right there, because money and power aren't always the same thing. They weren't driven by their ideology (and I didn't say that) by the end of the Soviet regime; Gorbachev might have wanted to make changes, but he wasn't competent enough to implement them, and Brezhnev was a bumbling idiot who wanted to keep everything the way it was in Stalin's period. Even Khrushchev, who really was interested in making considerable reforms, adhered to the tried-and-true Russian leadership format of a single figurehead who didn't take no guff. And, using lines like "They became who they despised" makes your argument sound like a comic book.
    What's your point, anyway? I lived in Russia, my mum's boyfriend was rich. Get over it. Frankly, I don't even care if you believe me or not, but I don't think it calls for being a sarcastic asshole, and going off on totally irrelevant tangents.

  19. #19
    Coachella Junkie woogie846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,647

    Default Re: 16 hours locked in a toilet.

    I spend about 16 hours of my day on the toilet anyways.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denvah
    Posts
    8,516

    Default Re: 16 hours locked in a toilet.

    LOL.

Similar Threads

  1. Camping hours...
    By ieatkittens in forum Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 10:29 PM
  2. 12 hours in Paris
    By Stefinitely Maybe in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 05:13 PM
  3. Will Call opening hours?
    By beg100 in forum Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 01:51 PM
  4. After hours parties?
    By Dirtbag Magee in forum Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 01:32 PM
  5. Looking for People to rip it After Hours!!!!
    By fever55 in forum Questions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •