Thread: Educational Value

Default Educational Value

I am planning a school trip to Coachella next year and I am having trouble coming up with how to convince parents and teachers that it is a good idea. Can anyone help me sell the idea?

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Default Re: Educational Value

tell them it'll be an exercise in teaching the kids how to just say no.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

good exercise from all that dancing.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Both of those sound like good ideas.
    8/2 & 3 HARD Summer
    8/7 Jagwar Ma @ Santa Monica Pier
    8/15 Echo Park Rising
    8/21 Interpol @ Boulevard Pool
    8/23 & 24 FYF Fest
    9/6 RP Boo @ Los Globos
    9/24 Interpol @ House Of Blues
    9/25 Simian Mobile Disco @ El Rey
    9/26 Wu Tang @ The Forum
    9/27 Hercules & Love Affair @ Lot 613

really?
    wow, i wish my school had trips like these

Well I could say for startes to buy or netflix the coachella dvd, and show them how it is. I mean just trying to describe it does it no justice. Also try and tell them that its not all drug using hippies or soemthing as some clips would pretty much make them think that. Are you going to write about it? It is basically finally becoming a huge deal in the u.s.Not to say that it hasnt been a big deal in the last couple years though, its starting to attain the status of what Glastonbury is in England. People get excited about this year round, they cannot wait to return. Its in their mind, body and sould now. You leave their changed every single year even if you have been a few times. Its what is happenign with music right now, you are shown what the future will bring and what the past has presented the world when it comes to the reunions. do you ever hear people constantly talking about Bonnaroo or Lollapalooza or the other half dozen major festivals that happen in this country? No, you dont, why is that? Its because this one has been able keep pushing it, and making everyone try to catch up, and to see how they can better themselves in comparison to what Coachella is. Its the first festival of the year but it ends up being the standard that everyone else has to follow after that weekend is over when it comes to all the artists' performances. You noticed all the coverage Coachella is getting now? I mean URB magazine dedicated an entire issue to it. Anyway, I am kind of rambling, if I could or any of us veterans could be able to speak to whoever needed convincing, I am sure you would be in good standing and be able to go. All I gotta say is this, if they dont let you go, go anyway, you wont regret it.

There is lots of art. Teachers love that stuff.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

The truly hardcore bring their homework to the show. While relaxing in the campground beertent, I sat next to a young lady who was studying for finals. She seemed pretty focused despite everyone getting drunk around her.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Not to rain on parades, but you might end up in some serious trouble if you were successful. There are people like me at Coachella, and I'm sure at least one or two of your students are drug fiends.

Just sayin',
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    There is lots of art. Teachers love that stuff.
    OH yeah thats a good point. He (she) could write a whole report on the Tesla Coils and provide video evidence. Also maybe on the hypnotic power of Radiohead(if they played).

That's a toughie. I'd recommend waiting until the line up comes out, because you could use artists to your advantage.

Ex. - The Nightwatchman played Coachella 2007. Tom Morello went to Harvard. He is cool. He is an inspiration for me and all of my classmates to do well in school.

your students will probably end up on some type of drug... GO FOR IT! but i have no idea how to help you besides abduction that would lead to federal charges, but who cares!

I would say go to onsite camping, and have it count towards your Physical Education grade... but you guys are in high school, so most you are not over 18 I am guessing.
    Go with PFs suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    The truly hardcore bring their homework to the show. While relaxing in the campground beertent, I sat next to a young lady who was studying for finals. She seemed pretty focused despite everyone getting drunk around her.
    I am currently working on my masters and I had a final the Tuesday morning after the festival back in Detroit. I studied all 4 days that I was in California and I did it in that blazing sun at the campground.

Priorites are priorites and if your folks see that you have your shit together hopefully they'll lend you a hand.

If not, you must run away.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Don't trust anyone that tries to make you listen to the Beach Boys.

I gotta hand it to you. You have bwalls, taking responsibility for a group of students at something like Coachella.