Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Near death experiences . . .

Default Near death experiences . . .

Last night after a couple bottles of wine and a shared joint we decided to share near death experiences. One friend drowned surfing off the coast of Mexico, another stopped breathing when she was a baby, etc. My story is as follows:

I was roaming around Copenhagen by myself and decided to get a six pack of beer, pack my backpack with my journal and some cigarettes and go explore and play. I came upon a bridge that crossed the water at about 7 stories at it's highest point. Of course it seemed like a good idea to crawl up under the bridge to about 5 stories. There was a metal platform that was about 2 feet wide that folded back underneath the bridge. So I hung out feeling the cars vibrate above me and watching the boats ooze across the water below me. I drank the six pack, wrote in my journal, smoked some cigarettes and a joint and then I had to pee. So I did. Unfortunately a moment later when I decided I needed to get down, I forgot that the metal was now wet. I slid uncontrollably for a good 3 feet until I was able to grab hold of a piece of jutting metal. I would have fallen 5 stories to my death into the waters of Northern Europe and would have disappeared. Nobody would have known what had happened. GONE.

Default Re: Near death experiences . . .

ill hit this thread with my NDE's later tonight.

Shit.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

a week after coachella '04 i was sleeping and woke up to take a piss. finished my business and went to flush the toilet. all of a sudden it felt like a sprinkler went off in my lungs. i was coughing up pure blood at an alarming rate, overall i probably lost about a cup of it. luckily my dad crashed at my place here in newport since it was the night of cinco de mayo and he had partied a little too much to drive home to long beach. so at 3 in the morning i begin screaming for help...he finally comes out of his room after what seems like minutes, running naked down the stairs toward me, an image i will never get out of my head! after showing him the blood everywhere he kinda figured i needed to go to the hospital. i ran out to the car, he ran up to get dressed. he comes out to the car, but forgot the damn keys. that was the scariest moment, thinking i was going to bleed out in my driveway, alone. he came back with the keys and we made the drive to hoag hospital, which was about 1/4 mile away. so we pull into the emergency entrance and i hop in a wheelchair and get rolled straight in through the back door, no fuckin' waitin' hours in the waiting room for me. the bleeding had stopped finally, but with each cough it would start to come up again, but not in the volume it was originally. at about 6am i took a $900 ambulance ride(fuckin' insurance wouldn't cover it since it wasn't an "emergency") up to my normal hospital in long beach, i have a lung disease that requires multiple hospitalizations a year, and spent a couple weeks in there. the morning after all this drama they came into my room to put a picc line in my arm for i.v. meds. the damn nurse hit my artery and blood started spurting out...i told her that i didn't really need to see anymore blood coming OUT of my body. the hardest thing to hear from the docs was that if it happens again and doesn't stop on its own there isn't really anything they can do to stop it unless i get into an emergency room within minutes.

end
    Last edited by JustSteve; 06-28-2007 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    i didn't really need to see anymore blood coming OUT of my body.
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

well played break...well played...

some vaginal bone almost impaled me through the eyeballs upon delivery(it did fuck up my vision though)......that happened twice actually...then there was the time i wasnt paying attention and nearly got flattened by a bus...then theres the time i got hit by a car...then theres the time i was almost shot...then theres the time i cracked my head open playing hockey...that really sucked...and the time i nearly got ran over by a tanker on the delta...
    Last edited by Mr.Nipples; 04-22-2008 at 04:21 PM.
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

I passed out in a shower, thats as close I get to dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    this is fantastic news...we can all fist ourselves in peace now...
    http://www.last.fm/user/theburydlife

2011 Wishlist: Soviet Soviet, Swans, Heroin and Your Veins, Lower Dens, The December Sound, Scarlet Youth, Faunts, Bad Lieutenant, The Besnard Lakes, The Raveonettes, Screen Vinyl Image, Sway

Does out of body experiences count? Or is that completely different?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I guess it depends on the circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by theburiedlife View Post
    I passed out in a shower, thats as close I get to dying.
    i think about that every time im in the shower cause we don't have a shower mat. not passing out, but slipping and falling and hitting my head on the porcelain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Where's Vinyl.

He just had one.

Banned

I had a little asian pimp pull a gun on me in Oahu. Almost broke my neck snowboarding. Almost fell of a rock face climbing in boulder. Had a gasoline leak in a car, in the dead of winter on the home from a greatful dead show and passed out. One other thing I dont care to discuss here.

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

Myself and a couple of buddies were looking at flats to rent just after we left college. We found an ideal place, right in the heart of Edinburgh's Cowgate (a big student bar hangout).
    The place was heated, big enough for all of us to get our own bedroom, and, best of all, directly opposite a great bar.

The only pisser was the fridge, this big old 50's style bow-fronted deal. Inside it was literally furry with mold - just gross! In retrospect it would probably have taken an hour with some hot water and a pair of rubber gloves and we'd have been right as rain.

Not for us lads the drudgery of domesticity - no, sir. That would impinge upon some drinking time, so we turned down the flat and opted for another, less great, more expensive place a couple of miles away.

Six months later, 7am, one of the underground Victorian gas pipes cracks and the entire fucking building blows up. 3 student nurses killed, but had it been during college the carnage might have been even worse.

So, if you like, my aversion to home cleaning saved my life...
    Last edited by John Peel is My Co-pilot; 06-28-2007 at 07:41 PM.
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

my condom broke when I was banging yablo.

I was robbed at gun point by some Greek guys at an ATM in Astoria, NY like 2 years ago. I was also robbed by one of those Mexican drifters on the outskirts of Tiajuana/Rosarito, Mexico with a machete like 6 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

god...what part of the day was it when you were at that ATM?

Being robbed at "machete point" is like a scene from From Dusk 'til Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    god...what part of the day was it when you were at that ATM?
    Somewhere around 4am...I know I fucking asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Being robbed at "machete point" is like a scene from From Dusk 'til Dawn.
    Yeah it was pretty fucking surreal

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Yeah it was pretty fucking surreal
    Aw come on, man. I wasn't really gonna hack you up.
    Quote Originally Posted by **NaNcY** View Post
    Phoenix the band?

well heres my most recent one. This was a few months ago...
    my friends threw a house party to promote themselves as djs.
    several members of two rival gangs decided to show up...as the
    night went on they kept staring each other down, bumping into
    each other... and cursing at each other...all this in between the crowd
    that danced..(they might have "leaned like a cholos" i dont recall i was wasted by that time).
    anyway things escalated into a fist fight between two rival cholos
    soon enough chairs were flying...and they were going at it
    MANO A MANO.
    anyway i decided to take my ass to the back-house where a little mini bar was setup and continued drinking while they fought outside. a minute later i hear gunshots.
    ( POP* POP* POP POP*) people came in SCREAMING into the backhouse
    and dropped to the floor.

as my friend, who was right by one of the guys who got shot, recalls..several cholos had rushed to their cars to get their guns. the first one with a gun went up to his rival and shot him several times in the chest.

things stayed quiet for a while and then MORE gunshots...it was a FUCKING shootout in the backyard!

once things were quiet for about 5 mins. everyone went outside shocked and confused. i saw one guy on the ground...and said said "screw this...im going home....so my friend 'cabeza' and i decided it would be best to get our asses home before anything else happened...we walked out to the street...another body on the ground and more fighting....police had barricaded both street exits by now...so 'cabeza' and i were walking back home around 2 or 3 am. luckily a friends spotted us walking in the street and gave us a ride...

but yeah ...i couldve been shot. good times.

Banned

Manny, didn't you have a car come soaring toward your dome? I'm pretty sure that qualifies.

As for me, I had this dude pull a gun on my friend after we declined to give him a ride after a night of dancing. We were in my car outside the club when he came up on the passenger's side. I'm pretty sure we could have died even if we had been dumb enough to give him a ride.

my other near death experiences come from my childhood. i grew up amidst the civil war in el salvador...so i saw gunfights, air assaults, and bombs explode.
    i dont remember much...but the most memorable experience was watching
    a chopter shoot down some FMLN revels a couple of blocks from my grannys house in the middle of the night. the gunfire was bright and loud.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

some kid almost accidentally drowned me in a pool because he couldn't swim and for some reason thought that tiny seven year old me was akin to a life preserver.

other than that my life has been fairly placid. there was an instance in 10th grade when a kid almost shot up a classroom opposite mine, but "almost" and "opposite" don't really count for a near death experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Coachella Junkie

One time I woke up driving in the forest.

THE BLACKHOLE SUN EXPERIENCE

Some friends and I all piled into my '91 mitzubishi Precis

Yeah i know it sucks!
    and decided to go out of town, I had just quit drinking four months prior and decided to stop smoking that week. I was driving kinda wild and we were in the left hand lane and needed to cross two lanes to get into the right hand lane. So i speed up and slip into the middle lane passing a white truck that is driving too slow in the fast lane theres a green sedan slowing in the middle lane and i move over into the slow lane. Now as soon as i move into the right hand lane i see a red truck about a quarter mile up the road stalled on the shoulder, as i approach the truck doing like 80 the car pulls into traffic going five miles per hour, I slam on the brakes and a crash is imminent, my tires are screeching and my car starts to fish tail, the passenger side is gonna hit the back of his car hard, so in a desperate attempt I punch the gas and the car just barely misses the red truck, but now i'm on a collison course with the sedan and the white truck i just passed, I jerk the wheel hard right and in some shit you only see on speed racer my curves between the other two cars and i end up in the middle lane with out a scratch. All three cars safely made it in two lanes. My friends and I were all stunned and we hooted and hollared and I quickly decided that I needed a drink and a smoke.
    Last edited by All That I Am; 06-29-2007 at 12:09 AM. Reason: um and that was in 94 by the way, I don't have that car any more
    I miss Bill Hicks.

Quote Originally Posted by All That I Am View Post

Some friends and I all piled into my '91 mitzubishi Precis
    hahahaha...
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

yup
    I miss Bill Hicks.

Quote Originally Posted by corbo View Post
    my other near death experiences come from my childhood. i grew up amidst the civil war in el salvador...so i saw gunfights, air assaults, and bombs explode.
    i dont remember much...but the most memorable experience was watching
    a chopter shoot down some FMLN revels a couple of blocks from my grannys house in the middle of the night. the gunfire was bright and loud.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

hypothermia (walked 6 miles back from Kings Peak, highest mnt. in UT, in a snow storm during the middle of July in shorts and long sleeved t-shirt)

cliff jumping (lake powell. 80 ft cliff. how fuqing stupid was i? very.)

od on oxycontin (again i've learned not to take life for granted anymore)
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler