Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 88

Thread: I'm not going to Coachella because

  1. #1

    Default I'm not going to Coachella because

    I think there's only a few good bands I want to see. Rage Against The Machine reuniting is sick but let's be honest here, as soon as Coachella ends, I'm betting RATM will announce plans for a world tour. I even read something about it on wikipedia. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Air, Interpol, Jesus & Mary Chain, Blonde Redhead and Stephen Marley are the only other bands I'd care to see and to fly all the way from the East Coast just to see those bands would cost me an arm and a leg. There's so many crappy, no name bands playing it's just not worth the expense. I'm not trying to be negative, but there needs to be some better bands added to make me want to deal with the hot desert for 3 days. Like how about adding Muse, The Cure, Dinosaur Jr. Nine Inch Nails or Ministry? It won't happen. Anyways, have fun in the sweltering heat guys.

  2. #2

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    boo hoo you didnt like the line up this year
    but thanks, we WILL be having fun in the sweltering heat!

  3. #3

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    you must be a troll or an idiot.

  4. #4

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    Quote Originally Posted by sighlent View Post
    you must be a troll or an idiot.
    I'm being serious. If you don't like my opinion that's ok, but I'm being sincere when I say that most of the line up is garbage. Bjork sucks live. Rage will do a world tour so why deal with 60,000 stinky concert goers all crammed up in front of the stage when you can wait to see them perform in a nicer venue somewhere closer to home. I bet Jesus and Mary Chain will tour after this as well. The Pixies did. Have fun in that desert heat while listening to crap like the Happy Mondays, Manu Chao & Tiesto.

  5. #5

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    sweet thread...

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denvah
    Posts
    8,516

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    Then why the fuck do you visit and post on this message board?

  7. #7

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    Quote Originally Posted by Exedeus View Post
    sweet thread...
    Thanks. Do you really feel like the line up is 100% quality? Be honest.

  8. #8

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    Then why the fuck do you visit and post on this message board?
    To express an opinion, good or bad. I'm sure that's why most people post here isn't it?

  9. #9
    old school york707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,684

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    Every band was a no-name band at some point in time.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

  10. #10

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    Every band was a no-name band at some point in time.
    That's true. But not all bands go on to become great.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denvah
    Posts
    8,516

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    Seems like a waste of time bitching here when you could just go gush on a RATM board.

  12. #12
    No Clownery full on idle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Look I am tellin you straight out
    Posts
    7,765

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    *based upon haphapzard conjecture

  13. #13

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    Seems like a waste of time bitching here when you could just go gush on a RATM board.
    Aren't you wasting time replying? To be honest I'd like to see someone convince me that this line up is worth the money to see. Arcae Fire, Kaiser Cheifs, Crowded House and all that other crap is not special in any way. Bjork as a headliner? What a waste.

  14. #14

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    of course the lineup isn't 100% golden, but, for me, the lineup has enough acts that i want to see.
    maybe 1/3 of the lineup is stuff i would like to check out.
    there are always "crappy, no-name" acts there.
    you're not making a new observation.
    in fact, there some acts that are "name", but you've chosen to exclude them for your point.

  15. #15

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    hint: rage aren't doing a world tour.
    There was mention of a possible full on tour on wikipedia. I guarantee you this will not be the only show they do. Maybe not a full on World Tour, but they will play more shows in the U.S. and probably a few other spots after Coachella. Zach De La Rocha is young enough that he could easily pull the band together & after they play Coachella the hype will be unreal. Watch and see.

  16. #16
    Coachella Junkie sonofhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,955

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    The line up is top notch, Rage or no Rage......And if you think The Arcade Fire suck, then your opinion is pretty much redundant.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denvah
    Posts
    8,516

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    Yeah you are a waste of time. bye.

  18. #18

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    That's fine. Bjork actually has one of the largest fanbases, if not the largest, of any artist in the world. Arcade Fire are consistently reviewed as one of the best live bands around. Rage might not go on a tour -- I'll be surprised if they can get along for a whole set at Coachella. Same with Jesus and Mary Chain. Last time they played together, the audience was refunded because they couldn't get along during their set. I doubt they'll tour.

    But it's fine that you're not going, because it seems like you're the type of guy that just can't enjoy what's given to you, or download a few songs to see if you like any of the "no-name" bands that are going to be at Coachella. Last year I saw Be Your Own Pet at Coachella, not knowing who they were -- they played an incredible set, I was right up front, and now they're one of the fastest growing bands around.

    So have fun at Bonnaroo.

  19. #19
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,320

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    We are happy to have you not joining us. Coachella is more than just the bands - it's the energy, the meeting of music lovers, and the mystery of the desert that keeps the real Coachella people coming back. The fewer people like you, the better off the rest of us are. So stay back east, pray for an Indian summer, and maybe we'll see you next year!!

  20. #20

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    Quote Originally Posted by ghettojournalist View Post
    of course the lineup isn't 100% golden, but, for me, the lineup has enough acts that i want to see.
    maybe 1/3 of the lineup is stuff i would like to check out.
    there are always "crappy, no-name" acts there.
    you're not making a new observation.
    in fact, there some acts that are "name", but you've chosen to exclude them for your point.
    I did not intentionally leave out any "name" acts. In my view, the ones not listed just aren't all that great. I appreciate you leaving an intelligent reply compared to these other n00bs who can only reply with insults.

  21. #21

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    Yeah you are a waste of time. bye.
    What an insightful reply. Have in the 100+ degree weather n00b.

  22. #22

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    and you can't say that the lineup is garbage.
    especially, if it contains some acts that you like.
    all you can say is that you don't like it and move along.

  23. #23
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    hint: rage aren't doing a world tour.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  24. #24

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    The line up is top notch, Rage or no Rage......And if you think The Arcade Fire suck, then your opinion is pretty much redundant.
    I saw Arcade Fire play live and not only did they suck, their music is weak. kthnxbye.

  25. #25
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,320

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    I wouldn't be so sure about Rage not being open to a bigger tour. Freedom 69 is probably right in her predictions on that respect. But, would that be such a bad thing. Let them play their music, I mean, they are musicians after all. let's just hope the egos don't get the best of them again.

  26. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denvah
    Posts
    8,516

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    Alias.

  27. #27
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,005

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    haha, n00b. It's cute how you use the zeros for os.

    O, and you'll be missing out, cuz it's gonna be a great year.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  28. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    59

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    I am guessing you have never been to a Coachella, so I can see where you might think the way you do. My first Coachella was to see NIN and was a gift from a friend, I wasn’t that excited about the other band (well besides The Prodigy) but once I got there I found so many bands that either amazed me with there music or at least gave me exposure to other genre's of music.
    Now I am not a huge music person, and I don’t know a lot of bands by name, but Coachella at its heart is not really about the Headliners, it’s about the experience. Getting psyched to see one or two groups, wandering around finding other bands that blow you away, talking to people all in the same ‘Coachella’ daze, and just hanging out with 60,000 of your new closest friends for the weekend. Sure there are problems, but it never is something that really ruins the entire fest.
    Now if you have been to a Coachella and you are sitting posting up those statements, then you really should just not bother with this board, Thanks

  29. #29

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    Quote Originally Posted by drewoftherushes View Post
    That's fine. Bjork actually has one of the largest fanbases, if not the largest, of any artist in the world. Arcade Fire are consistently reviewed as one of the best live bands around. Rage might not go on a tour -- I'll be surprised if they can get along for a whole set at Coachella. Same with Jesus and Mary Chain. Last time they played together, the audience was refunded because they couldn't get along during their set. I doubt they'll tour.

    But it's fine that you're not going, because it seems like you're the type of guy that just can't enjoy what's given to you, or download a few songs to see if you like any of the "no-name" bands that are going to be at Coachella. Last year I saw Be Your Own Pet at Coachella, not knowing who they were -- they played an incredible set, I was right up front, and now they're one of the fastest growing bands around.

    So have fun at Bonnaroo.
    I'm not going to Bonnaroo. I just think most of the line up is weak. Sure, I might find a few bands I enjoy while there but to endure 10 hours of 100+ degree weather and a bunch of stinky emo/indie kids to just see afew bands I like isn't worth $250 for 3 days plus all the other expense. Bjork may have a big fanbase but that in and of itself baffles me. Her live shows are not that good imo.

  30. #30

    Default Re: I'm not going to Coachella because

    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    We are happy to have you not joining us. Coachella is more than just the bands - it's the energy, the meeting of music lovers, and the mystery of the desert that keeps the real Coachella people coming back. The fewer people like you, the better off the rest of us are. So stay back east, pray for an Indian summer, and maybe we'll see you next year!!
    Coachella's goal is to attract fans to this show is it not? I would think they want music lovers of all kinds to come to this festival to spend money right? You're understanding of my post is diluted. I wanted to be convinced why I should shell out all this money to see 5-6 bands when there's 100 more that are not desireable. Please re-read the post and think more on it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •