• Bad Boy Bill 02

1 0.56%
  • Black Eyed Peas 03

31 17.32%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WORST EVER COACHELLA PERFORMANCE POLL

Default Re: WORST EVER COACHELLA PERFORMANCE POLL

Let's see..

Weezer, I completely agree with. It was terrible.
    Bright Eyes, I was looking forward to seeing em play, but I was so bored I left.
    James Blunt, wretched.
    Thursday, only cuz I hate that "hardcore" crap.
    The Flaming Lips, could have been the fact that I had been standing up squashed against people for 9 hours so I'd be in front for the Cure. I can't even remember what they sound like, I just remember I wanted to die.
    Nikka Costa, it was just screaming.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure there is more.

Deerhoof last year.

madonna wasnt kinda boring. still cant believe she was there.
    coachella vet: 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09......
    http://mrgwillgo.blogspot.com/

Having not been to coachella ever before I'm trying to imagine the vision of what the promoters are trying to do.

There seems to be such a diversity of musicians to see that I find it weird that people would complain about not liking a band. If you dont like what you're hearing, go see something else?

Anyway, whilst I'm on my high horse, someone ealier in this thread mentioned that OASIS should have been on that poll. WHAAAAAT>??????????

IMHO, they are one of the greatest live rock acts ever - well, at least they used to be.

And I agree wholeheartedly with Madonna. Why was she even on the bill? Doesnt seem in context.

anyway, there's my tuppence worth.

Flora out.

x
    Explore, Dream, Discover.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Weezer in '05 was amongs the worst shows i've ever seen.
    They really blew, glad I left to see the Secret Machines. Kinda sad.
    All the punks think that you're dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackTheLoveCode View Post
    I have to agree with Franz Ferdinand. I had seen them before and didn't think they were as boring as they were at Coachella. Other than that, Depeche Mode put me to bed. From what I'm hearing now I'm glad that I skipped out on New Order to go see Dresden Dolls.
    I've seen Franz a few times and the crowd is usually jumping as they normally put on a great show. I saw them at Coachella last year though and it was a pretty flat performance. The crowd was strangely subdued though and I think that kinda rubbed off on the band. It was really quiet. Maybe it was all the moody Depeche Mode (who were on after Franz) fans in the audience that accounted for the lack of atmosphere.

But Daft Punk didn't half make up for all that later on. What a show.
    A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory

Julian Casblancas from The Strokes in 2002 seemed to be faking drunk. He was singing intelligibly, but the apparent fake drunk routine ruined it for me. I have been to just the 02 shows, but that was a bad performance, maybe not the worst performance of all, but it was bad. Oakenfold's 02 show was great, but not as great as the Chemical Bothers 02. I heard Beck showed in 02, but unfortunately I missed him.

Quote Originally Posted by flora mouse View Post
    Having not been to coachella ever before I'm trying to imagine the vision of what the promoters are trying to do.

There seems to be such a diversity of musicians to see that I find it weird that people would complain about not liking a band. If you dont like what you're hearing, go see something else?

Anyway, whilst I'm on my high horse, someone ealier in this thread mentioned that OASIS should have been on that poll. WHAAAAAT>??????????

IMHO, they are one of the greatest live rock acts ever - well, at least they used to be.

And I agree wholeheartedly with Madonna. Why was she even on the bill? Doesnt seem in context.

anyway, there's my tuppence worth.

Flora out.

x

Well, the music IS diverse.

If some are hating the shows because they hate the musicians, then that's not what this thread is about.

Read through some of the posts... you'll see some people were there to hear some good music, and heard some bad sessions instead.

I am not a fan of Jack Johnson, but he played a good set in 02. Julian Casblancas and the Strokes? Bad. Go do the lame drunk act on MTV.

beastie boys were pretty baaad. i liked them before i saw them live. and james blunt? no no no no NO.
    coachella valley native.
    coachella festival veteran since 99.
    plus, one year i fainted. twice.

Kanye West sucked too. Fcker came out late like the prima donna (c)rapper that he is.. Too good for the masses..

I've been to every single Coachella and hands-down the worst performance I've seen is Nikka Costa in 2001. Not so much her performance, but the fact that her sound check LASTED A WHOLE FUCKING HOUR AND 15 MINUTES. This totally killed the second half of the day since I wanted to see St. Germain, Roni Size and Gangstarr, who were playing on the Outdoor Theater Stage back-to-back-to-back. Nikka Costa's epic sound check pushed the whole rest of the schedule off and resulted in 30 minute sets for St. Germain and Roni Size and Gangstarr only played for about 20 minutes before their amps were literally cut off (I kid you not) at 12:15 AM. Meanwhile, I missed out on Sigur Ros, Thievery Corporation and Aphex Twin. Fucking Nikka Costa...I wish I could do that year all over again.

Sleater Kinney in 06 was hands-down the most unpleasant aural experience I've ever had. The entire crowd staking out the front of the stage for Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Tool just dispersed it was so blindingly painful, I can't believe no one's mentioned that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    Did anyone actually go see the Bravery?
    I did and they were great.

Quote Originally Posted by adctvprsnlty View Post
    Jem in '04 played quite a few songs, but her whole set seemed like it would feel more appropriate on Pleasure Island at Disney World as opposed to the Polo Grounds.
    lol! I agree. I think Lily Allen is taking that spot this year.

Quote Originally Posted by napaquetzalli View Post
    BRIGHT EYES. I love you, Conor, but Digital Ash live=death.
    it sounded like Digital Ass

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    I really didn't like Depeche Mode.
    big let down.

Quote Originally Posted by ayates View Post
    Deerhoof last year.
    Bingo!!! The Fiery Furnaces were a close second.

Thursday. I didnt see them at Coachella. But I have had the unfortunate experience of witnessing them live. Horrrrrrrrrrible.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I'm a pretty big weezer fan and that '05 set did indeed suck but Weezers fan base has always turned me off and annoyed me as well. I saw them later that year and they put on a fantastic show with the Foo Fighters, that Coachella set lacked any and all emotion and the set list was just plain blah, much like the Make Believe album. Over prodoced.

I agree with the nikka costa thing in 01 - crazy bad, made me miss a lot of Sigur.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    You forgot:
    Sparta 04
    Howie Day 04
    James Blunt 06
    Wasn't there in 04', but i thought Audio Bullys were so horrible. I fell asleep during their performance so i could get ready for Daft Punk. I also remember waiting for Metric to play and seeing people fleeing in terror after James Blunt failed to attempt a Pixies cover at the end of his performance.

yeech....i remember that pixies cover...we were there to see metric as well and got caught up in the blunt suck-tac-ular
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

Was Madonna ACTUALLY that bad? Or are biased people just commenting on how they already didnt like her music.
    Like, I dont like her music, but from what Ive read about her concerts in reviews, she puts on entertaining shows... whether or not you like the music.
    I dunno Im just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Was Madonna ACTUALLY that bad? Or are biased people just commenting on how they already didnt like her music.
    Like, I dont like her music, but from what Ive read about her concerts in reviews, she puts on entertaining shows... whether or not you like the music.
    I dunno Im just curious.
    From what i heard, she took 45 minutes to set up and only played four songs which were horrid. So i am glad i wasn't like my friends who said "I'm going to go over there just to say i saw Madonna."
    Big mistake on their part.

Sleater Kinney in 06 was hands-down the most unpleasant aural experience I've ever had. The entire crowd staking out the front of the stage for Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Tool just dispersed it was so blindingly painful, I can't believe no one's mentioned that yet
    Yeah i was there after Wolf Parade finished up and that was the a really bad 20 minute span of Sleater-Kinney
    Last edited by Dickinabox; 03-21-2007 at 03:28 PM.
    Ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo.

the platinum peid pipers.
    total shit.
    "No matter how I may wish for a coffin so clean or these trees to undress all their leaves onto me. I put my face in the dirt and then finally I see the sky that has been avoiding me."

I have been a Depeche Mode fan for 15- 20 years, and saw them for the first time last year at Coachella. And although they sounded pretty good, they were mostly boring. The energy and song selections were just weak until almost the end of the set.....disappointing show.

I was surprised to see Ben Harper added to this poll. I have never seen him live, but he seems like one of those 'jam-type' performers that would put on a really soulful show.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    I felt like I'd just watched something culturally significant. Actually, Nirvana came to mind. I hope this is Arcade Fire's coming out party.

Thumbs down Re: WORST EVER COACHELLA PERFORMANCE POLL

Quote Originally Posted by activenike View Post
    i'm sorry to hear that. i've seen them 6 times and it's been nothing short of incredible each time.
    OMG you must be on crack. Not only does Mars Volta suck live but i almost vomitted while listening to them play before the chili peppers last year. They are a decent band after some massive editing in a studio, but live...each member is in his own world playing at his own place. No melody, no unity, no talent. nuff said

Black Eyed Peas are kinda lame, but fuck if they arent a great live act.
    The energy level, the dancing, thats performance kids.

madonna wasn't that bad, it was just that we were all jam packed in a freaking hot tent for like an hour waiting for her to come out. then she comes out playing about 5 songs (almost not of which did i know) and then that was it. she has great theatrics and dancers, etc. but it definitely was such a long wait for such a short set.

as for weezer, i don't think the sound was really working during their performance. i couldn't hear shit. when i've seen them perform before, there were great.

Lurker

Ladytron in 06. Best thing about it was I was standing next to Scott Speedman the whole time. The set was boring as hell

Madonna was weak, seen her 5 times and she is usually so entertaining, not this time.

I agree that Ladytron's performance last year was lacking. I really like them, but was disappointed by how awful the Witching Hour material went over. They didn't seem into it at all. I thought they were better in '03 after they were so late to their set.

I think the saddest I've ever been was at Roots Manuva in '05. I LOVE his records but I just didn't feel like the performance was very good. It may have just been a combination of the mid-day heat and everyone in the tent sitting down, but it was one of those sets I didn't mind leaving after ten minutes (and that made me sad).

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geO723 View Post
    OMG you must be on crack. Not only does Mars Volta suck live but i almost vomitted while listening to them play before the chili peppers last year. They are a decent band after some massive editing in a studio, but live...each member is in his own world playing at his own place. No melody, no unity, no talent. nuff said
    I'm assuming you've seen them once...they're known as a hit-or-miss live band. I've seen them once, opening for RHCP, and they were great.

So, I guess the winner for worst performance ever is either Weezer 05 or Madonna 06? They seem to have gotten the most votes. Weezer wasn't even on the poll, so I'd consider them winners. Congratulations to them.

Depeche Mode was so horrible, I fuckin left to go see Daft Punk(satisfied)...My friend is still in denial that Depeche Mode wasn't horrible. And I couldn't believe they were selling that performance on CD/DVD for $35 by the t-shirt tents.

Weezer 05. Lame crowd--those stupid kids all stood in front of me during Wilco, i've never seen so many people dress like each other in all my life. AND yah, no excitement on stage, even their fun songs like in the garage were boring.

Worst comment ever--Chris Martin, when Coldplay took the stage: "Thank you all for waiting all day to finally hear us" (or something to that effect...does anyone have that shit recorded? What an ass)
    We got the fly rhymes on the hustle and grind