Page 515 of 729 FirstFirst ... 510511512513514515516517518519520 ... LastLast
Results 15,421 to 15,450 of 21855

Thread: The Phoenix Thread!

Default Re: The Phoenix Thread!

Nachocat, go get allergy tested. It could be mold, pet dander, dust mites...all sorts of things.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    So i moved into a new place with a friend of mine a little over a month ago. about a week after moving in I started getting sick. Scratchy throat, itchy eyes and super congested. Seemed like it wasnt going away. I started to think i was allergic to something at the house. Maybe the cat, i didnt know though. Went to the doctor and they said i had bronchitis. Gave me some z-pak and sent me on my way. I was up in flagg for a few days snowboarding and taking my meds and i seemed to be alllllllll better. Until i got back home. about 3 more days at home and my sickness came back. Sunday night started coughing and couldnt stop. couldnt even lay down my chest was so tight and i was having a really tough time even breathing. I went to the ER and they said i was having an asthma attack. Very strange because i dont have asthma or any other health problems i know of. They gave me a breathing treatment and prednisone and i cleared right up..... So im pretty sure through my research online and talking to people there is mold in the house. All the syptoms seem to point to that. Its an older house. Im almost positive its mold. So now im searching for a new place. Nothing on craigslist. Im so tired of looking. So tired of crashing at my friends places but i cant sleep in that house anymore i get sick everytime i go there. THIS BLOWS
    NachoCat I used to work for a nonprofit that did home repair for low-income families. 90% of the mold you find in homes in AZ isn't harmful to homeowners. Of course the place you are living may fall into that 10% that is harmful but you want to get it checked out before you move.

Asbestos on the other hand...
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Post Re: The Phoenix Thread!

Just got done eating at The Waters Edge resturaunt in Fountain Hills. It is no Mastros, Fish House, Mortons or Ruths Chris but it's a small establishment. It really felt like something out of Ramsys Kitchen Nightmares(minus the nightmare) or a small mom and pops fine dine.

Hopefully tomorrow I cab hit down town pheonix.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    Hopefully tomorrow I cab hit down town pheonix.
    Do you like live hip hop and actual turntablists? Go to the Insects show at the Hidden House on 7th avenue & Osborn.

Do you like house music and cheap pints? Go to Skyline at District inside the Sheraton on 3rd street & Van Buren.

Do you like pseudo-hipsters, decent dance music and shitty bartenders? Try Fuse at Barsmith between 1st and 2nd streets and Washington.

Do you like hipsters, cocaine and decent dance music in a gothy environment? Try faux Show at Sanctum on 7th avenue just north of Indian School.

How about hipsters, cocaine, semi-decent dance music and cheap booze in a rednecky poolhall? There's Ransom at Philthy Phil's on 16th street and Thomas.

Do you like mexican trannies? El Zarape on 17th street and McDowell.

Are you afraid of the ghetto? Avoid the Bikini.

Will your drunk ass crave awesome carne asada after hours? The taco truck at Charlie's on 7th avenue and Camelback.

Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by **NaNcY** View Post
    Phoenix the band?

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    So i moved into a new place with a friend of mine a little over a month ago. about a week after moving in I started getting sick. Scratchy throat, itchy eyes and super congested. Seemed like it wasnt going away. I started to think i was allergic to something at the house. Maybe the cat, i didnt know though. Went to the doctor and they said i had bronchitis. Gave me some z-pak and sent me on my way. I was up in flagg for a few days snowboarding and taking my meds and i seemed to be alllllllll better. Until i got back home. about 3 more days at home and my sickness came back. Sunday night started coughing and couldnt stop. couldnt even lay down my chest was so tight and i was having a really tough time even breathing. I went to the ER and they said i was having an asthma attack. Very strange because i dont have asthma or any other health problems i know of. They gave me a breathing treatment and prednisone and i cleared right up..... So im pretty sure through my research online and talking to people there is mold in the house. All the syptoms seem to point to that. Its an older house. Im almost positive its mold. So now im searching for a new place. Nothing on craigslist. Im so tired of looking. So tired of crashing at my friends places but i cant sleep in that house anymore i get sick everytime i go there. THIS BLOWS
    What area are you living in? I find that in the spring I have a really hard time with certain areas if it is when the orange blossoms are blooming. I get migraines and my asthma kicks in. But the only places I have problems are the northern gilbert/mesa area and then central phoenix where they had all the orange groves before putting all the houses in.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by denies the day View Post
    Do you like live hip hop and actual turntablists? Go to the Insects show at the Hidden House on 7th avenue & Osborn.

Do you like house music and cheap pints? Go to Skyline at District inside the Sheraton on 3rd street & Van Buren.

Do you like pseudo-hipsters, decent dance music and shitty bartenders? Try Fuse at Barsmith between 1st and 2nd streets and Washington.

Do you like hipsters, cocaine and decent dance music in a gothy environment? Try faux Show at Sanctum on 7th avenue just north of Indian School.

How about hipsters, cocaine, semi-decent dance music and cheap booze in a rednecky poolhall? There's Ransom at Philthy Phil's on 16th street and Thomas.

Will your drunk ass crave awesome carne asada after hours? The taco truck at Charlie's on 7th avenue and Camelback.

Have fun!
    ha ha ha, this is great
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

El Zarape
    Thanks for the tip.

Philthy Phils is now called Rips Ales and Cocktails, where Obscura is happening tomorrow night!

And Philthy Phils/Rips is in a more ghetto part of town than the Bikini, just sayin'...at least there's nothing going on at 16th St and Roeser, that's where you go to die.

The Bikini Lounge rules.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    The Bikini Lounge rules.
    If you love Bikini, you will like Rips.

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastpirate View Post
    If you love Bikini, you will like Rips.
    Well, that's a half hearted recommendation.

Banned

Ok so im going to be heading out to Phoenix in a few weeks. Its been forever since ive been there, and have no real recolection as to what things there are to do for recreation and the like.

So...what the fuck is there to do in Phoenix?
    Last edited by Dr. Lufs-al-ot; 03-13-2010 at 04:18 AM.

This thread's about the band, asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lufs-al-ot View Post
    Ok so im going to be heading out to Pheonix in a few weeks. Its been forever since ive been there, and have no real recolection as to what things there are to do for recreation and the like.

So...what the fuck is there to do in Pheonix?
    I hear Phoenix is great for learning to properly spell the name of the city.
    Years attended: ...'08...'09...'10...'11...'12...'13!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    This thread's about the band, asshole.
    Damn. You hit 10,000.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Banned

So there's nothing to do I see

So there's nothing to do I see
    the past few pages have been us all giving someone ELSE advice on what to do. we dont want have to reveal

I never do anything. Why do you think we live here? Because we want to do stuff? I think not. I just loll around in bed all day watching netflix.

man. who has the energy for netflix?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    man. who has the energy for netflix?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cubrocker View Post
    the past few pages have been us all giving someone ELSE advice on what to do. we dont want have to reveal
    Im more important

Tell us what "in a few weeks" means. When will you be here? That makes a big difference.

Also, just reread the last few pages.

Banned

Im pretty sure im going the weekend of the 26th, but im not all too sure. Im just tagging along with others.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    of course, roo!!!

i'll take a stab at this...

i love the blunt club, which is not an actual club, but a weekly that is thrown at different clubs. they are on myspace & facebook i believe, but it's mainly hip-hop, dnb & dubstep.

i had fun the one time i went to cherry pit lounge on mill for UK thursdays. i knew people who were djing though and i can't speak to what it's like on other nights.

i have had fun at myst, though it's not for the people that's for sure. it's also expensive, but of all the scottsdale bullshit clubs, i have had the most fun here & at the pussycat lounge as well. axis/radius is douche central so only go if you REALLY want to see someone.

bar smith is a neat venue downtown & on saturdays they usually do "solstice", which is a house music weekly.

aura is a good psytrance monthly, add them on facebook. they usually do their events at hookah type lounges or places with middle-eastern food and tend to have things like belly dancers and the more "hippie" edm crowd.

if you are REALLY into the hipster scene you would probably have a blast at the rogue in south scottsdale. it's a tiny place, but lots of people swear by it. i just find a lot of the people obnoxious and the one time i went NO ONE was dancing and they were looking at us snobby like because we were dancing.

as far as concerts... the marquee theatre in tempe is the best place in MY opinion to see your average touring band. they won't house the HUGE arena type shows, but they tend to have a good mix of indie, edm and other types of bands. i personally HATE the dodge theatre as it sounds like there's a giant mute on the stage and it looks smaller than it is, but some people like it. the jobing.com & US airways arenas are both good for larger shows. avoid the clubhouse if you can, place is SHITTY. i've heard good things about the rhythm room, but i've unfortunately never been.

there are lots of dive type bars that will host weeklies or one-off events, so you have to make sure to keep an eye out for events on facebook or something.

*EDITED*

if you're into freak dancing like it ain't no thing and if you're a girl getting felt up all night, head out to the buzz nightclub at scottsdale & shea. i only went there once with some girls from work and i could tell multiple stories about that night for days. wall to wall bitches n' hoes!

devil's martini in north scottsdale is definitely the place to go if you like an older crowd who's interested in status from what i've gathered. i've never been, i just know a lot of people who have gone there or invited me there. it's kinda far for me too.

kazimierz in the old town area is fucking awesome if you can afford it. it's a wine bar, but they do have decent priced appetizers and nibbles. it's not a place to go for a full meal in my opinion. i've had a different experience there every time i went too which is rare. i've seen some serious flamenco dancers and various old jazz singers with completely different bands. i really like this place and whenever anyone asks me where they should take a date, i always suggest this place.

Have fun!
    you could also come to symphonic star wars with micah and i
    Last edited by chairmenmeow47; 03-13-2010 at 10:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Im pretty sure im going the weekend of the 26th, but im not all too sure. Im just tagging along with others.
    my sisters wedding is that weekend in scottsdale. wanna be my date? we can take lots of drugs and talk to my relatives!

Paul McCartney concert that Sunday.

I'm coming out to Tempe for drinkz.

whoopty doo.

I mean, I wish I was also coming. Err, to Tempe.

Toro y Moi tonight @ the Rhythm Room with the Ruby Suns, looking forward to it!

Edit...I guess this should go in the Music Lounge now.
    Last edited by westcoastpirate; 03-14-2010 at 08:24 AM.