Page 5 of 729 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Phoenix Thread!

Default Re: The Phoenix Thread

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    You were a li'l fella? I don't remember you specifically, and I haven't listened since probably January. That's cool though. Yesterday was the summer solstice. Did they get tattoos of each other for not losing the weight or not getting 4-pack abs? Anyone know?
    Tuesday was there last show on Free Fm, they played a loop of Don't Stop Believing the last fifteen minutes of the show. I don't know if they got the tattoos or not. They have a countdown for something on their personal website.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i listen to npr.

leykis has some good points, but he's such a douche about it. i made the mistake of going to a leykis listener party with a friend. when you see the people that actually take him seriously, it makes his show less entertaining. a guy in a hat with a miners light on it came up to me and started yelling "show your tits" until about 30 people joined in. why he had the miners light on, i will never know. he also asked if i wanted him to sign my tits, which was strange because he didn't seem "famous" or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I have no idea what you people are talking about.

I listen to Doug & Wolf in the morning. or Bickley & MJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I listen to NPR too. I don't get enough local news that way, and I need to come up with some decent alternatives. I hate watching the news on TV, and the newspaper is not readable.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I listen to NPR too. I don't get enough local news that way, and I need to come up with some decent alternatives. I hate watching the news on TV, and the newspaper is not readable.
    i hate news on the TV too! it always makes me think of jello biafra's spoken word where he talks about watching the reporters with the sound off, cracks me up.

Channel 15 is the only news that's semi-decent.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

on channel 15, they wrap themselves in towels before coming on the air.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Huh?

(scratches head at obscure towel-head reference)
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

semi-decent

it was a horrible attempt at a bad excuse of a joke.

Oh, shit I didn't see that one at all!

It's Friday. I'm retarded today.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i listen to npr.

leykis has some good points, but he's such a douche about it. i made the mistake of going to a leykis listener party with a friend. when you see the people that actually take him seriously, it makes his show less entertaining. a guy in a hat with a miners light on it came up to me and started yelling "show your tits" until about 30 people joined in. why he had the miners light on, i will never know. he also asked if i wanted him to sign my tits, which was strange because he didn't seem "famous" or anything.
    God, that's pathetic. I work with a couple of guys that went to that, for the sole reason of seeing some boobs. I mean, boobs are great, but to feel the need to go to some dude's radio tour to see them, and then keep saying "show me your tits" over and over again, until the girl gives in, just to shut them up? Idiots...
    Last edited by downingthief; 06-22-2007 at 12:37 PM.

I don't know who leykis is.

Sean is that Malcolm McDowell on your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post

Sean is that Malcolm McDowell on your avatar?
    You are correct, sir...from Clockwork.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    tom leykis is a national radio host. he's kind of a shock jock. he creates controversy to boost ratings.

i guess he used to be a dj here in az a long time ago. now he's on freeFM and he has his own show. he does this thing called "leykis 101". basically, it's a show for guys to learn how to get more pussy for less money and for girls to learn about how guys thinks.

he actually has some good advice if ALL you want from a girl is sex. he says never to spend more than $40 on a date, never bring a girl back to your house, don't buy them shit, don't live with girls, don't have friends that are girls, ect.

and of course, dumbass chicks call in and try to argue with him and call him a pig and that provides entertainment.

he says he pulls a lot of bitches (probably because he's loaded), but he looks like this:

he's been married several times, but hates marriage and talks about how people shouldn't get married.

anyways, that's leykis. and btw, i thought the semi-decent thing was funny oh, and i didn't show my tits to shut them up, my friend took me away to get a drink and this old guy at the bar said i handled myself really well (i did a good job talking shit right back at them) and he bought me a drink.

tom leykis is a national radio host. he's kind of a shock jock. he creates controversy to boost ratings.

i guess he used to be a dj here in az a long time ago. now he's on freeFM and he has his own show. he does this thing called "leykis 101". basically, it's a show for guys to learn how to get more pussy for less money and for girls to learn about how guys thinks.

he actually has some good advice if ALL you want from a girl is sex. he says never to spend more than $40 on a date, never bring a girl back to your house, don't buy them shit, don't live with girls, don't have friends that are girls, ect.

and of course, dumbass chicks call in and try to argue with him and call him a pig and that provides entertainment.

he says he pulls a lot of bitches (probably because he's loaded), but he looks like this:

he's been married several times, but hates marriage and talks about how people shouldn't get married.

anyways, that's leykis. and btw, i thought the semi-decent thing was funny oh, and i didn't show my tits to shut them up, my friend took me away to get a drink and this old guy at the bar said i handled myself really well (i did a good job talking shit right back at them) and he bought me a drink.
    Ha! That's awesome. Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by mob roulette View Post
    This is going on too. Not that anybody listens to the radio anymore. Except sad sacks stuck on freeways all the fucking time. Sad sacks like me.
    I definitely understand! I am the I-10's bitch on a daily basis.

Ever listen to Jonathan L.'s show on KUPD? Anyone? His program is the saving grace of [what's left of] radio for me...he was my favorite dj on KQ (and I love that he throws some old goth and industrial gems into the mix). http://jlradio.com/page3.html

Ah well. Have a great weekend, all!

P.S. I'm heartbroken that And One cancelled as the opener for VNV. Must vent.
    Last edited by misculare; 06-22-2007 at 03:36 PM. Reason: miskeys!

I just found out about the Muse show at Mesa Amphitheatre. I've never been to a show there -- is it a good venue to experience Muse? I used to drive up to Phoenix for work; it'd take me about an hour and a half to get to Thomas and 40th. Based on that, how much longer of a drive would it be to the Mesa Amphitheatre? Thanks.
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    I just found out about the Muse show at Mesa Amphitheatre. I've never been to a show there -- is it a good venue to experience Muse? I used to drive up to Phoenix for work; it'd take me about an hour and a half to get to Thomas and 40th. Based on that, how much longer of a drive would it be to the Mesa Amphitheatre? Thanks.
    Mesa Amp is in downtown Mesa and should be easier to get to than 40th St and Thomas. You go the 10 to the 60 E to the 87 N. Traffic should be no prob until you get to the 60 and even then it depends on when you're going.

I like Mesa Amp for how big it is. It holds 4200 but I thing it gets good crowds. And you can be right up front where it's crowded and everybody's pushing and/or singing along or you can chill back a little bit and get better sound and people standing around.

Also they start very early; the first band is usually done before even the earliest time you can find published and things are done at, what now, 10 pm?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by misculare View Post
    I definitely understand! I am the I-10's bitch on a daily basis.

Ever listen to Jonathan L.'s show on KUPD? Anyone? His program is the saving grace of [what's left of] radio for me...he was my favorite dj on KQ (and I love that he throws some old goth and industrial gems into the mix). http://jlradio.com/page3.html

Ah well. Have a great weekend, all!

P.S. I'm heartbroken that And One cancelled as the opener for VNV. Must vent.
    I remember Jonathan L from KUKQ, but I don't ever listen to KUPD. I don't know when his show is on, and I really don't listen to radio anymore, sadly. I used to listen to KUKQ 24 hours a say. I was seriously addicted.

Also, I think Mesa Amphitheatre is a nice place to watch a show. GA out in the grass. I've seen many concerts there.

I haven't been to Mesa Amp in years but it always was a good place to see a show. And 9/20-hopefully it'll have cooled off a little by then so it'll be a nice evening.

It doesn't cool off until late October.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    lots of words about arizona
    HEY john check your PMs.

It doesn't cool off until late October.
    Just puttin a positive hope vibe out there.

thank you ivy. You're quite knowledgable, you must be quite the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    Mesa Amp is in downtown Mesa and should be easier to get to than 40th St and Thomas. You go the 10 to the 60 E to the 87 N. Traffic should be no prob until you get to the 60 and even then it depends on when you're going.

I like Mesa Amp for how big it is. It holds 4200 but I thing it gets good crowds. And you can be right up front where it's crowded and everybody's pushing and/or singing along or you can chill back a little bit and get better sound and people standing around.

Also they start very early; the first band is usually done before even the earliest time you can find published and things are done at, what now, 10 pm?
    John's take is accurate. Except for his directions.

coming from Tucson I'd take I-10 to the 202 (Santan) east, to the 101 (Price) north, cross 60, exit University, turn right and go about two miles.

Thanks for the info. I've been debating getting tickets but I'm sure I'll be able to afford it. When I was at the gym earlier, I thought, "Well, you don't need to put this cost on your credit card. Just see them when they play Coachella again." But then I remembered the words of caution I've read from those who postponed seeing the Smiths or Nirvana on their last tours, figuring they'd see them when they next came around, and I don't want that to happen here. Even though I won't be able to get anyone else to go with me (I haven't even persuaded anyone to accompany me to the Daft Punk LA show -- anyone need an extra floor ticket?) I think I'll get up early and get myself a ticket.

P.S. I'm used to the heat and know that by the end of September, it'll be MUCH more tolerable than it was today. (Maybe 105 in Tucson at 6pm isn't as bad as it probably is in Phoenix, but it still fucking sucks.)
    Last edited by Somewhat Damaged; 06-22-2007 at 11:50 PM.
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Definately go if you're that into them; Mesa is a nice small venue to see shows at; it's pretty cool.

Are you flying or driving to LA? ErikUA and I are flying-he's flying from Tucson and I'm connecting with him in Phx. You're welcome to meet us somewhere at DP if you don't want to stand around on your own.

Just got my ticket! Only $41 and change, which is really good. And I'm especially glad that it's general admission. I think Coachella's spoiled me and I don't like concerts with seating. (I certainly would have liked Bob Dylan and Fiona Apple a lot more if I wasn't knee-to-knee with some old man and a disinterested boyfriend, respectively.)

I was thinking of driving but it may be cheaper just to fly, and it would probably be a better idea if I didn't have someone to make the road trip with. Meeting up would be cool.

Yeah best to not wander alone if you can help it. I haven't listed us on the flights yet but I'm sure we're going late morning on Saturday. And we're staying at the Vagabond.

so I'm doing laundry this morning and taking the first load out of the washer and putting it in the dryer and there at the bottom of the washing machine is a scorpion. 3" long, nice light tan. Fortunately it was dead. I must have drowned it. Which means it would have been in the dirty clothes. To say 'i'm glad I didn't get stung' would be a severe understatement.

I fucking hate scorpions. hate them hate them hate them. I will kill any scorpion I ever see.