Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: The National-Boxer

  1. #1
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,136

    Default The National-Boxer

    Who's heard it? What d'you think?
    I like it quite a bit. Every bit as good as Alligator for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  2. #2
    No Clownery full on idle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Look I am tellin you straight out
    Posts
    7,765

    Default Re: The National-Boxer

    I think it sounds like the National.

    Yabs likes it.

  3. #3
    I <3 Fall Out boy Yablonowitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In a House
    Posts
    5,880

    Default Re: The National-Boxer

    I do. I need to listen more. But definitely a very good album.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

  4. #4
    Oh Baby! Jenniehoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,580

    Default Re: The National-Boxer

    Can Greg and Tom stop being the same person, please? I know I'm new here - but Jesus, it's freaking me out.

  5. #5
    Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Citty upon a Hille
    Posts
    15,979

    Default Re: The National-Boxer

    don't have it yet, i need to get my shit together.
    but chances are i'll love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

  6. #6
    old school downingthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Az
    Posts
    5,542

    Default Re: The National-Boxer

    Bump!
    This thread needs some more love.


    "Start a War" is my current favorite tune.

    That is all...

  7. #7
    old school orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: The National-Boxer

    The National and Blonde Redhead for Coachella next year.

    I don't care about the headliners.

  8. #8
    Coachella Junkie bballarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,937

    Default Re: The National-Boxer

    Fake Empire is an amazing tune.

  9. #9
    old school downingthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Az
    Posts
    5,542

    Default Re: The National-Boxer

    Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    The National and Blonde Redhead for Coachella next year.

    I don't care about the headliners.
    That would be sweet. I missed BR last year.

  10. #10
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,961

    Default Re: The National-Boxer

    Slow Show. for reals. even though it sort of sucks a little bit when they play it live.

  11. #11
    old school downingthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Az
    Posts
    5,542

    Default Re: The National-Boxer

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Slow Show. for reals. even though it sort of sucks a little bit when they play it live.
    Why does it suck live?

  12. #12
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,961

    Default Re: The National-Boxer

    Quote Originally Posted by downingthief View Post
    Why does it suck live?
    I'm not sure exactly. But I've seen them perform it at two shows, and both times were underwhelming despite it being my favorite song on the album. I think part of it is that there was a large drunken/talkative contingent present at both the Los Angeles and New York South Street Seaport shows, and the song is quiet in the beginning so it can really suffer from background noise. Also I feel like there's more of a crescendo or something different on the album version than they play live?

    In any case, the audience definitely responds better to something like Fake Empire.

  13. #13
    old school downingthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Az
    Posts
    5,542

    Default Re: The National-Boxer

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I'm not sure exactly. But I've seen them perform it at two shows, and both times were underwhelming despite it being my favorite song on the album. I think part of it is that there was a large drunken/talkative contingent present at both the Los Angeles and New York South Street Seaport shows, and the song is quiet in the beginning so it can really suffer from background noise. Also I feel like there's more of a crescendo or something different on the album version than they play live?

    In any case, the audience definitely responds better to something like Fake Empire.
    Ok, I totally get that. Same thing for me when I hear Death Cab do Transatlanticism.

  14. #14

    Default Re: The National-Boxer

    Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    Fake Empire is an amazing tune.
    i agree...thats gotta be my favorite on that album.

Similar Threads

  1. shuttle to and from joshua tree national park?
    By madmatthews in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 01:23 PM
  2. DEVOTCHKA and THE NATIONAL
    By JUCHO in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-24-2007, 01:28 AM
  3. Joshua Tree National Park
    By toggle in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 05:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •