Thread: Anybody ever watch a show from a boat by the Embarcadero in San Diego?

Default Anybody ever watch a show from a boat by the Embarcadero in San Diego?

The idea has come up in a White Stripes thread about the coolness of watching a show at the Embarcadero from a boat. When i was at Radiohead there, saw a few and had thought of how neat it was. Anybody ever do this? Impressions? Stories? Costs? Is it all that?

Default Re: Anybody ever watch a show from a boat by the Embarcadero in San Diego?

I seems pretty fun. I have listened to many of the concerts at the Embarcadero from across the water, on Coronado, and even that is really quite nice.

OK. Sorry. I'm not even answering what you asked. Got a little excited there.

Default Re: Anybody ever watch a show from a boat by the Embarcadero in San Diego?

No need for apologies. Your info is good. The way it sounds is a consideration. If it sounds good across the water, it more than likely sounds niiiiice right there on the water.

posted in the other thread...may be bringing our 40 ft. catamaran down from newport for the show, just not sure what the view would be like from down in the water...the stage and crowd seem like they would be higher up and there wouldn't be much of a view due to that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    posted in the other thread...may be bringing our 40 ft. catamaran down from newport for the show, just not sure what the view would be like from down in the water...the stage and crowd seem like they would be higher up and there wouldn't be much of a view due to that fact.
    Is this a sacrafice that will be worth it though? Mobility would be given up. The great chance of being very close at the Embacadero is eliminated. Being in a crowd and the energy is out as well. BUT, kicking it on a boat with cool people, fine food, booze and the White Stripes a few hundred feet away? Could be once in a lifetime. That few hundred feet with no people for a good hundred might mean a decent view of the stage i would think. i, personally, would give up view because i have seen the Stripes more than a few times from close and far, and will be seeing them the next night at the Forum.

Hey Steve, on a boat like your's, how many people do you think can be on it and watch and/or listen to a show like this comfortably?
    Last edited by ivankay; 06-16-2007 at 06:15 PM.

There could be problems.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Hey Steve, on a boat like your's, how many people do you think can be on it and watch and/or listen to a show like this comfortably?
    we've had 30 or so comfortably.

this is shaping up to be a fun last half of september...justin timberlake on sept. 17th and white stripes 18th and 19th, then bright eyes at the bowl on the 29th...and if the arcade fire rumor turns out to be true then even better!

listening to "Hotel Yorba"?

i never made the connection before bastard's warning, but Gilligan may be either the first Stripes fan, or Meg and Jack's pappy. If Littte Buddy is the daddy, then Mary Anne might be da babies' mama.

Steve, if the strange scenerio happened and you captained a boat of your friends (and maybe some suckers from here), you would have to dress as the Skipper and everyone else some coresponding Castaway. That would be a great picture.
    Last edited by ivankay; 06-16-2007 at 06:05 PM.

I remember there were a couple of people out in nice yachts to the west of Embarcadero during the Death Cab concert. I didn't mind but i guess the vocalist was upset and called them Pigs.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    this is fantastic news...we can all fist ourselves in peace now...
    http://www.last.fm/user/theburydlife

2011 Wishlist: Soviet Soviet, Swans, Heroin and Your Veins, Lower Dens, The December Sound, Scarlet Youth, Faunts, Bad Lieutenant, The Besnard Lakes, The Raveonettes, Screen Vinyl Image, Sway

Quote Originally Posted by theburiedlife View Post
    I remember there were a couple of people out in nice yachts to the west of Embarcadero during the Death Cab concert. I didn't mind but i guess the vocalist was upset and called them Pigs.
    i thought about this. In the event of boat watching, i think it would be a nice gesture to make a donation to the artists' favorite charity. And to let them know, hold up a sign with the information. That way good vibes go all the way out to the water.

Quote Originally Posted by theburiedlife View Post
    what assholes. so what if someone has a nice boat and enjoys spending time on it. we just had a family friend die of a heart attack at 58 last week...fuck it, you can't take it with you so might as well enjoy it if you have it. i guess making a bunch of money and enjoying it isn't "emo" enough for them...they can fuckin' die broke sleeping in a pinto if that's what makes them happy!