Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I go this festival next week, and if so, what bands should I see?

Default Should I go this festival next week, and if so, what bands should I see?

Wireless Festival, London.

I am tempted to go on Thursday and Saturday simply to see Daft Punk and The White Stripes, but I am pretty indifferent towards all the rest. Any recommendations?
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

Default Re: Should I go this festival next week, and if so, what bands should I see?

Saturday makes me jealous.
    LCD Soundsystem, Klaxons, Datarock, Digitalism? Not to mention Daft Fucking Punk?!

I don't know many of the other bands, but the above 5 are can't-miss, and all on Saturday. Then again they're all playing in L.A. within the next few weeks (not sure about Digitalism)

Default Re: Should I go this festival next week, and if so, what bands should I see?

Thursday:

White Stripes
    QOTSA
    Air
    Modest Mouse
    Satellite Party
    Finley
    Goldspot

Friday:

Faithless
    Keis
    Badly Drawn Boy
    Pharoahe Monch
    HEAD AUTOMATICA!!!!!
    Borne...

Saturday:
    Daft Punk
    Klaxons
    LCD Soundsystem
    CSS
    Simian Mobile Disco
    MUTEMATH!!!!

Sunday:

Kaiser Cheifs.....meh
    besides that I don't really now the rest of the sunday lineup so....

I say go for it, take pics!

I have seen Daft Punk, Klaxons, and LCD Soundsystem before, at Coachella, and I don't know Datarock or Digitalism. Could you recommend any tracks, or link me to something?
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

Holy shit. I would go.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by PineapplePete View Post
    Thursday:

White Stripes - I'd like to see them
    QOTSA - meh
    Air - saw them recently
    Modest Mouse - saw them recently
    Satellite Party - saw them recently
    Finley - never heard
    Goldspot - never heard

Friday:

Faithless - saw them recently
    Kelis - not interested
    Badly Drawn Boy - saw him recently
    Pharoahe Monch - not interested
    HEAD AUTOMATICA!!!!! - never heard
    Borne... - never heard

Saturday:
    Daft Punk - saw them recently (ish)
    Klaxons - saw them recently
    LCD Soundsystem - saw them recently
    CSS - not interested
    Simian Mobile Disco - yeah I'd like to see them but I bet the crowd is too out of control to enjoy the set
    MUTEMATH!!!! - I'd like to see them, yeah

Sunday:

Kaiser Cheifs.....meh - exactly

See above edits.

if you've got some time on your hands and you wouldn't mind seeing some bands twice than yeah I'd go for Thurday - Saturday. If you have to go out of your way to do so (call in sick at work or whatnot) then...i dunno

and also im gonna go find you a Head Automatica Torrent right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Stefinitely Maybe View Post
    I have seen Daft Punk, Klaxons, and LCD Soundsystem before, at Coachella, and I don't know Datarock or Digitalism. Could you recommend any tracks, or link me to something?
    I'd be happy to.
    Datarock is a cross between Devo, Happy Mondays and Talking Heads.
    Digitalism is techno.

Datarock - Computer Camp Love

Datarock - FaFaFa

Datarock - New Song

Digitalism at Coachella

by the way, L.A. people , Datarock is playing at the Troubadour June 13 (same nite as Hot Chip unfortunately).

go and see DREDG on friday. I am in CALI and would make the trip just to see them and Daft Punk. One of my buddy's band. Straight from nor cal and they are AMAZING PREFORMERS live and on record. THANK ME LATER!

and IMHO I think they are in the top 5 preformers there. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go and check em' out. YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!!!!!!

www.dredg.com

www.myspace.com/dredg

www.purevolume.com/dredg

other than that. HAVE A BLAST!

I like Richard Swift. Good acoustic pop-ish stuff.

Baby, is this love for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Do not see Daft Punk!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sames44 View Post
    Marriage is a beautiful thing - everyone should try it at least twice in their lifetime.

What's wrong with seeing acts again that you've seen recently? If they were good last time you saw them, I'd think that would be added incentive.

Saturday is going to be such a hardcore party.

Datarock.

You crooked tooth bastard.

Are you pushing it out, you ******?

hahahahahahahaha!! Kelis is playing!!

Thursday:
    White Stripes
    Air
    Modest Mouse

Saturday:
    DAFT PUNK
    LCD Soundsystem
    CSS

Everyone else I either don't like or never heard of, but if the price is right, go for it.

Sunday is terrible. Just go home after Saturday.

I guess I should have explained, it's a day-ticket sort of festival in the middle of the city, not a stay-overnight sort of festival. So going to Thursday and Saturday alone would not be a problem. I am definitely going to go to Saturday... still not sure about Thursday.

Courtney> There's nothing wrong with seeing bands I've already seen, but I like seeing new things, too. Like, I love watching my favourite movies again and again on DVD, but it's somehow more rewarding to watch something new.

wtf how come no one is mentioned dredg......please check em out!

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Jesus Christ yes! The headliners alone are worth it (Bar the kaiser chiefs...not headliner material...)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Stef - I'm going with a few friends on Thu and Sat

Current Plans =(depending on clashes)
    Thursday
    The White Stripes
    QOTSA
    Modest Mouse (unless you saw them very recently, you should enjoy the new setup)
    The Only Ones (Classic)
    The Sounds
    Alberta Cross
    Air
    The Bees
    The Kissaway Trail (one of the best albums of the year so far)
    The Lea Shores (if you like spiritualized/ride, you'll love them)
    Goldspot
    Far From The Dance (crap on record, excellent live)

Also - Avoid dredg at all costs. Incubus lite (Sorry GnarVee, but it's true)

Saturday
    Daft Punk
    LCD Soundsystem
    CSS
    New Young Pony Club
    Datarock (at last - missed their last 2 london shows due to conflicts)
    Mutemath (also crap on record, but good live)
    Klaxons
    Simian Mobile Disco
    Digitalism

The other 2 days are shockingly bad - especially sunday(apart from les campesinos, who are genius)

Live Nation are doing a special offer on the Thursday tickets at the moment. For 3 extra, you get a copy of Icky Thump delivered on release day.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Jsut the same old, same old as far as headliners go. To be honest, I'd go just to see Tom Middleton. Is he DJing or is it some sort of live set?

I want to go in all of those days but I can't (especially on the 16th and 17th - let's see maybe I'll try on the 14th).
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

Thursday
    The White Stripes
    QOTSA
    Air
    Modest Mouse

FRIDAY
    Badly Drawn Boy
    Gotan Project

SATURDAY
    Daft Punk
    LCD Soundsystem
    CSS

SUNDAY
    Editors
    The Duke Spirit

I would at least go Thurs-Sat
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Simian Mobile Disco
    Digitalism
    Datarock

good times to be had
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

If you are going Sunday, make sure to check out The Cribs.

I wasn't going to go tonight but at the last minute a friend called me and offered me a free ticket, so I went.

I watched Air for about 15 minutes and they were playing in a small tent that wasn't even half full. WTF? They were incredible. WAY better than at Coachella. 9/10

Then I watched QOTSA for about 15 minutes. They were rocking out, and the musicianship was great, but I got a bit bored after a while. 6/10

I wandered over to one of the smaller tents and saw a band called Polytechnic, who I liked a lot. 7/10

Finally, it was time for the White Stripes. They were really good, but not incredible. And they didn't play Fell In Love With A Girl. 8/10

Banned

Air sucks.

E

Why did you watch Air for only 15 minutes?? I'm assuming schedule conflicts, but my god.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what