View Poll Results: Music at the Gates vs. City Scape Festival

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Music at the Gates

39 52.00%
  • City Scape Festival

36 48.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 4 - SEMIFINALS - MUSIC AT THE GATES VS. CITY SCAPE FESTIVAL

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 4 - SEMIFINALS - MUSIC AT THE GATES VS. CITY SCAPE FEST

Do you think I really care about the rules?
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 4 - SEMIFINALS - MUSIC AT THE GATES VS. CITY SCAPE FEST

I only hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Oh, the irony.
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Shut up, Brandon. Just shut up... You had me at Orbital... (tear) And... scene.

Seriously though, Orbital is enough to take it. Also love Fields-if I would have know the new album would be so damn strong, I'd have not missed them at coachella this year. But considering we had to plan around baby feedings, the early slot didn't work well. As it was, we got there for the Frames, Regina Spektor right up to Arcade Fire (which my wife had to miss as my parents brought Harper up for a boob feed). And SSLYBS was a nice touch too.

Music at the Gates scored major points with The Sword, then lost those points right back with The Knife---who produced the most astoundingly boring album of the year (even after repeated listens... And I really WANTED them to be good.)
    -----------------------

NOTHINGMAN! How's Harper doing? How's the wife? How are YOU?

Hey zzz. I'm good. About to rejoin the board community, actually, though in a limited capacity. After 4 months of laziness, I decided to get my laptop fixed, so my wife can have hers back and I can use mine. Life is great. Harper is absolutely delightful-she's like an 8 hour pure MDMA trip, except the duration is 18 hours instead of 8. My wife is fantastic. We've been blessed with some good live shows (acoustic Okkervil River w/ strings and brass), Damien Rice, The Clientele, a few others... I'll post pics of Harper at 16 weeks (as of tomorrow) as soon as I get them uploaded to my laptop. She's chilling in her Bob Marley onesie right now and staring at the fan blade going around. Possibly her favorite activity in the world. I'll start another thread to catch everyone up so I don't hijack this thread. I DID just notice that both fests had The Knife though... Dammit all.
    -----------------------

One more thing, couldn't someone have found a damn slot for Trembling Blue Stars??? John Vanderslice??? Greyboy??? I haven;t looked at the other semifinal yet, but those three would be dealmakers (as would The Twilight Sad).
    -----------------------

I remember the newborn baby days when I couldn't wait to get home to be with my baby. Now I have a new little dog, and he's become my new baby. My girls, beautiful though they are, have been seriously annoying lately. i need to put them to work or something (doing chores--plz no one say anything gross).

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Sure.

At least my poster complies with the rules.
    god damnit, please stop campaigning for your stupid poster. if winning this stupid competition means that much to you, here ya go.....

As much as I wanna see Orbital, the idea (this far into the contest) of Timberlake and Jackson playing is just disgusting...I would find myself sometimes bored (though still anticipating Orbital) through City Scape. MATG has a more solid schedule for myself all three days.

Denying the king of pop. You should all be ashamed.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden31 View Post
    I wonder why you are saying this.....

cheeseandrice! what the flip is with these last minute votes? Not only did cityscape just jump about 10 votes over night, Lost In Music has officialy jumped up 5 and tied my festival! Fuck!
    ass on the grill

Bosco, I'm an old-timer and my baby dissuaded me from getting on board. I've been glancing periodically and by chance, just decided to vote. Of course, Hawking offering me an 8-ball of blow and a full-time babysitter (for me, not the baby) didn't influence me in one bit...
    -----------------------

That and some people wait to weigh all the factors. I still haven't voted in the other one.
    last.fm

I was mistaken. Oh, memory.
    Last edited by hawkingvsreeve; 06-08-2007 at 12:33 AM.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    That and some people wait to weigh all the factors. I still haven't voted in the other one.

Dude, dont even. I KNOW you voted like 1 or 2 days ago (against me). Yeah, I've been keeping track. Enter nerd smiley here _______

but this "rallying the troops" stuff in the late rounds is getting out of hand....
    ass on the grill

Yeah after I looked at it, it was showing me the results. My mistake.

Out of hand? Try almost losing to 2 posters now that have broken rules.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    I wonder why you are saying this.....
    because it's a fucking message board contest

Mike, I think we are tied.
    last.fm

Music at the Gates won. (Finally, got the chance to read lot of posts in here ... oh that's Brandon's and Mike's?)

Congrats Mike! I love it. Hey, it's time for you to announce your additions already, I'm pretty sure, it should be even more awesome.

Yeah, who cares about the rules? Not me anymore with all the campaigning and malicious voting/posting (j/k, don't really care about it too) in this festival. Chill out ...

Muertos Festival and Lost in Music are tied. (... fortunately got last minute internet access again to vote)

Music at the Gates...conflicts are ridiculously painful, but for a good reason.