Page 625 of 642 FirstFirst ... 620621622623624625626627628629630 ... LastLast
Results 18,721 to 18,750 of 19240

Thread: The Girls Only Thread

Default Re: The Girls Only Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Hah. Robin was eyeing that in Skymall on our flight two weeks ago.

I thought I'd seen the creepiest things imaginable in Skymall magazines (for example this bashful yeti), but holy crap, the stuff on the website is even better/scarier than what's in the magazines.
    HAHAH! That Yeti is awesome!
    I felt bad for the guy sitting next to me because I was laughing hysterically throughout the entire catalog.

Why was I never told about this?!?!?!
    http://www.gossipcop.com/joseph-gord...ay-night-live/

No bed bugs WOOT! I can finally get this thing off my patio and into my house.

Now I've got to sell my existing vintage couch and chair.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

inorite? happyhappyhappy

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HowToDisappear View Post
    No bed bugs WOOT! I can finally get this thing off my patio and into my house.

Now I've got to sell my existing vintage couch and chair.
    Yes! Sounds like the dog was totally worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Thanks for the original suggestion! The handler gave me a discount, too, since it was such a small job.

Nice. When I originally found out there were bedbug sniffing dogs my entire outlook became much rosier.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

J crew has an extra 40% final sale items if anyone wants to get summer clothes for next year's Coachella.

I need a new dress for a wedding. Something that looks hot and can sustain getbetter alcohol spills.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Latex clothing is so warm and uncomfortable. So much sweating.

Yes, soooo much wetness.

ooo baby

she did say hot and stain-resistant.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Do you think anyone has ever negotiated non-childbearing "maternity leave" with an employer? As in, I WON'T ever have babies, but you will agree to give me paid leave equivalent to the company average for days paid maternity leave.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Parental leave terms are stipulated by law, aren't they?
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Parental leave terms are stipulated by law, aren't they?
    I believe there are certain guidelines in place for minimums, but certainly nothing to say that a company cannot be more generous than those minimums.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'm getting a red x.

Employers don't have to pay you for maternity leave. They do have to guarantee that you have a job when you return.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Yeah, I was under the impression that maternity leave was LWOP unless you had enough PTO to cover it. (If I ever get pregnant, I hope I'm working for a university, because I have way more leave than I can feasibly take.)

Several of the companies I'm currently talking to routinely offer paid maternity leave as part of compensation packages, including a couple big consulting firms and a major CPG company.

I understand that they have the right to structure compensation however they choose (beyond government minimums), but it just seems weird to me that their compensation structure privileges parenthood (and specifically motherhood) above other potentially equally significant, expensive personal commitments.

If you were arguing for paternity leave I'd be right there with you, since I think both parents should be able to take a break when they have a newborn. But I mean, are there really any other comparable situations? The only thing I could think of would be a caregiver role for an elderly family member, which yeah, should be offered the same consideration. Other than that...I'm finding it difficult to come up with significant and time-consuming life events that would necessitate an extended paid leave period.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    If you were arguing for paternity leave I'd be right there with you, since I think both parents should be able to take a break when they have a newborn. But I mean, are there really any other comparable situations? The only thing I could think of would be a caregiver role for an elderly family member, which yeah, should be offered the same consideration. Other than that...I'm finding it difficult to come up with significant and time-consuming life events that would necessitate an extended paid leave period.
    But my whole point is that the company should not be the one deeming what is significant and what is not -- that should be up to the individual to choose for him/herself. Perhaps for some people, spending a couple months at a Buddhist monastery might be the equivalent. Or perhaps for others, sitting down and writing a book from start to end. I understand that having a baby is not a cakewalk, and I don't consider maternity leave to be a sort of vacation. However, I do consider it a way for companies to allow their employees to do something that is personally meaningful in their lives that would not be possible if that employee was working for 40+ hours per week -- and I think that there are many more things that fall into this category than just giving birth.

I agree Courtney. At my work we had a recent discussion about some of our employees claiming they are unable to travel for work reasons because they have children. This despite the fact that we hire consultants and travel/mobility is usually required. However, a staff member that has 3 large dogs, that need daily care and attention, would be told to put them in a kennel and get on a plane, even at a significant cost to her, and she couldn't expense the kennel costs back to work. This bothered me a lot. Parenting seems to fall in its own special category when perhaps there are other circumstances that might cause someone similar hardship, like the care of an elderly parent let's say- but those situations don't seem to get acknowledged.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

It seems like there are a couple big companies (Google?) That offer sabbaticals to work on personal achievements, but those are exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    But my whole point is that the company should not be the one deeming what is significant and what is not -- that should be up to the individual to choose for him/herself. Perhaps for some people, spending a couple months at a Buddhist monastery might be the equivalent. Or perhaps for others, sitting down and writing a book from start to end. I understand that having a baby is not a cakewalk, and I don't consider maternity leave to be a sort of vacation. However, I do consider it a way for companies to allow their employees to do something that is personally meaningful in their lives that would not be possible if that employee was working for 40+ hours per week -- and I think that there are many more things that fall into this category than just giving birth.
    I totally get where you're coming from, but a Buddhist vacation or writing a book seem to fall more under the "hobby" side of things. I'm not sure companies need to privilege hobbies beyond their standard PTO scale.

Yeah, "personally meaningful" is such a vague term. It would be great if companies could offer something like 3 months secure personal time or something without having to have a particular stipulation of what that person is taking time for, but it seems unrealistic. I agree with Marlo regarding pet care, though.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Family leave is mandated by law. If it were up to the companies, they would just say "you get this many weeks off, do with it as you see fit". But, because of the federal law, companies say "you get this many weeks off, do with it as you see fit, also because of this law you can also take off more time if you're having a baby." And now you want to say the companies should be compelled to offer that additional time off for any reason? You should have stayed in nonprofits Courtney.

Why limit it to actual employees? I don't work for Google, but I should be entitled to the same benefits Google employees have. Just because I choose to work for someone other than google shouldn't matter. They should all give me money for doing nothing.

At my old work you get full pay for sick days you didn't take. When I left I got almost 10k for what I didn't use thru the years. cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine