Page 585 of 636 FirstFirst ... 580581582583584585586587588589590 ... LastLast
Results 17,521 to 17,550 of 19058

Thread: The Girls Only Thread

Default Re: The Girls Only Thread

Loca, tights are (usually) like opaque, thicker fabric versions of pantyhose. Leggings are tight knit pants (with no feet).

I advocate wearing tights with everything. Someone (Hannah?) got me started on wearing them to festivals, and they're not actually that warm. I buy a bunch of tight mid-thigh length exercise shorts specifically for wearing under skirts/dresses at festivals, too, though.

I use to wear that type of thing regularly, then as I got older it became more for special dressier occasions. Now, I just don't think I care that much. I do like the idea of bike shorts or something under a dress at coachella but that is mostly just so I have a place to smuggle my smoke in.

It wasn't the drawing attention to them that was the problem, it was the getting them off.

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Loca, tights are (usually) like opaque, thicker fabric versions of pantyhose. Leggings are tight knit pants (with no feet).

I advocate wearing tights with everything. Someone (Hannah?) got me started on wearing them to festivals, and they're not actually that warm. I buy a bunch of tight mid-thigh length exercise shorts specifically for wearing under skirts/dresses at festivals, too, though.
    I wear leggings a lot as long as I have boots with them, and normally it's with a casual dress or a long flowy top that will cover my butt. I feel too exposed otherwise. I wear tights with dresses to work quite a bit, they are more comfortable and look better than hose.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

OK, I wear tights then. I use to wear leggings quite a bit when I was younger and heavier because I could never find jeans, it wasn't a good look for me.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    My Spanx cockblocked me once.
    Haha, Shoulda taken some scissors to that crotch!

I once had a conversation with a friend who said, "The thing I am embarrassed about, is...I don't know how or when the spanx came off or who saw."
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

I've never taken my Spanx off in public. It's always the heels for me. I'm walking around barefoot within 30 minutes of arriving at an event.

I've never taken my Spanx off in public. It's always the heels for me. I'm walking around barefoot within 30 minutes of arriving at an event.
    and this is why I rarely have them on! I am all about flats bc comfort first!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

I look so good in heels, so I just plant somewhere and find someone to bring me drinks.

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

What are heels?
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

At my party my bedroom became the weed room since there were some people there who didn't smoke. There was a line to the bathroom so I went in my bedroom to quietly take off my spanx and change and there were 3-4 people in there already either smoking or changing (my room is rather small with a big bed so not a lot of room). I went to take those fucking things off and I they weren't moving. I wasn't expecting it to be that difficult as it wasn't that hard to put them on. I started freaking the fuck out because suddenly I was trapped in these things and there were way too many people in my room. Two girls helped me rip them off before I hyperventalated. Somehow my spanx ended up in Amyzzz brothers bag, I think I flung them across the room when I finally got them off, he offered to return them but I never want to see those things again. Normally for $30+ I would keep them just in case, but no thanks.

I need the heel because I like being 6' 2" in them. So, my motto is always, "Drink until your feet stop hurting."

It works.

Every time.

I can't wear heels. I wish I could.

You broads are going to be sorry when the apocalypse strikes during your sixth round of tropical shooters and we all have to hightail it over the chain link. I'm not waiting for you while you dig your heels out of the mud. There's just no time.

I hate the word broads when dudes say it, but coming from you it makes me smile. I am not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    On the subject of leggings: Ladies, your thoughts please - on the amount of butt coverage that your top should provide when wearing leggings only. Proceed.
    For me, depends on how see-through they are. If you have completely opaque leggings, do whatever looks good and flatters you. If they're tights and there's the possibility of see-through, cover that shit up. I have seen way too many girls showing off their underwear because they aren't covering their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    You broads are going to be sorry when the apocalypse strikes during your sixth round of tropical shooters and we all have to hightail it over the chain link. I'm not waiting for you while you dig your heels out of the mud. There's just no time.
    See, when you say, "Sixth round of tropical shooters," I picture some kind of mixed alcoholic novelty shot and then I know I'm okay.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    On the subject of leggings: Ladies, your thoughts please - on the amount of butt coverage that your top should provide when wearing leggings only. Proceed.
    Like, My So Called Life coverage.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    If it's the apocalypse is climbing a chain link fence REALLY going to make a difference? Just keep drinking, everyone will die anyway. Relax into the vodka as your eyeballs melt in your skull.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    besides bicycle shorts to protect against rubby thighs, this stuff is great and a must have for those hot days at coachella when you're walking all over the place.

http://www.amazon.com/Bodyglide-For-...sr_1_2?ie=UTF8
    WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS A THING!?!?!?!?!

And I've always wanted to try Spanx because my love handles, no matter how thin I get, never seem to disappear. Sometimes, I just wanna wear a more form fitting dress without everyone being able to see every roll on my body

It's for the ladies with lumps.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

hey, it works!!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    Austin City Limits (weekend 1)

I've got plenty of lumps. Bleh.

In less depressing covo topics...for my grad school graduation/25th birthday, my parents are paying for my plane ticket to go to Hawaii with them on vacation in July. Boyfriend is coming along, too, which I am so stoked on.

I really want to find a vintage/vintage inspired two piece playsuit for the trip and I'm coming up short. The vintage ones are too expensive, or not the style I'm looking for. Shareen in DTLA sells recycled vintage versions, but I doubt they'll have a skirt size that'll fit my hips; the store is notoriously big-girl unfriendly and will publicly humiliate you for not being a size 4 or smaller (I'm a 4 on top, but more like a 6-8 on the bottom, depending.) I found a woman on Etsy who makes them, but she's not taking any new orders until the end of July.

My only remaining option is to find a seamstress, but I don't know how to do that. I don't want to spend more than $100 total on getting one made. Anyone have any tips or recommendations? Here's what I'm looking for...(I want a skirt, not shorts)

A big girl is considered 4, 6-8??? I think I will kill myself now.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Just there. They're a snobby vintage store that caters to celebrities...

I wouldn't be able to shop at that store. The largest size I wear is an 8 but I'd feel weird feeling like they were looking at me like I was the fat girl.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseSensitive View Post
    Like, My So Called Life coverage.
    Yes I think this nails it on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    and this is why I rarely have them on! I am all about flats bc comfort first!!!
    I have my Coachella shoe selections already laid out and ready to pack. There isn't a heel in the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    I've got plenty of lumps. Bleh.

In less depressing covo topics...for my grad school graduation/25th birthday, my parents are paying for my plane ticket to go to Hawaii with them on vacation in July. Boyfriend is coming along, too, which I am so stoked on.

I really want to find a vintage/vintage inspired two piece playsuit for the trip and I'm coming up short. The vintage ones are too expensive, or not the style I'm looking for. Shareen in DTLA sells recycled vintage versions, but I doubt they'll have a skirt size that'll fit my hips; the store is notoriously big-girl unfriendly and will publicly humiliate you for not being a size 4 or smaller (I'm a 4 on top, but more like a 6-8 on the bottom, depending.) I found a woman on Etsy who makes them, but she's not taking any new orders until the end of July.

My only remaining option is to find a seamstress, but I don't know how to do that. I don't want to spend more than $100 total on getting one made. Anyone have any tips or recommendations? Here's what I'm looking for...(I want a skirt, not shorts)

For as cute as this is, I'd have it made. And I think you could do it for $100. Aside from checking etsy for vintage fabric, check out thrift stores and don't overlook vintage curtains!

Kat and the rest of you LA girls, I highly recommend going to this event. It's where all the vintage shops by their stuff. It's after Coachella, but it's awesome.

http://www.vintageexpo.com/