Page 574 of 645 FirstFirst ... 569570571572573574575576577578579 ... LastLast
Results 17,191 to 17,220 of 19330

Thread: The Girls Only Thread

Default Re: The Girls Only Thread

I don't want a romper -- that is a shirt and shorts suit, right? I don't like having to take my entire outfit off to go pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    do you ladies just go back to your hotel/camp spot before 9pm or something? obviously, things like spirit hoods aren't good for the daytime, but I always get cold at night especially while walking around or hanging out in the campgrounds after 1am. maybe I'm just naturally cold?
    I usually pack a sweatshirt in my backpack if I think it might get cold. But I also camp so I can go in and out back to the campsite thoughout the day if I need to, which makes it nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterface View Post
    On that note, I'm looking for tank tops that are on the longer side and more loose fitting. I just want some cheap ones I can buy in a few colors.
    Old Navy - the 'layering' tanks are usually longer and they're $10 or less. Also, I don't know if they still carry them, but for years, Urban Outfitters had "Sparkle" brand tank tops. They were very basic, have bright colors, fit well, and were cheap.

Amy - like a skort? Or just shorts under the skirt? I get really short tight shorts (like yoga shorts) to wear underneath skirts at festivals. (Or just cut the legs off yoga pants, because I'm not very particular). That way I can wear skirts without being concerned about flashing people when I dance or sit in the grass.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I don't want a romper -- that is a shirt and shorts suit, right? I don't like having to take my entire outfit off to go pee.
    yeah, the shorts with a built in top kind of thing that Hannah always wears in Girls. your post just reminded me of them for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I usually pack a sweatshirt in my backpack if I think it might get cold. But I also camp so I can go in and out back to the campsite thoughout the day if I need to, which makes it nice.
    this is what I do too. even if I had a locker I'd probably just return to camp because I tend to have daytime and night time outfits. I carry a long sleeve tee or a hoodie with me for when it starts to get chilly, but I almost always return to camp to change shoes or put on something a little warmer.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

do you ladies just go back to your hotel/camp spot before 9pm or something? obviously, things like spirit hoods aren't good for the daytime, but I always get cold at night especially while walking around or hanging out in the campgrounds after 1am. maybe I'm just naturally cold?
    I live in a freezing cold climate 8 months of the year. 12 -15 degrees C at night is comfortable for me. That's about 55-60 degrees F. The most i'll do is put on a light hoodie or a long sleeve shirt for evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

When I went, I splurged for the locker because it's not really that much. We were lucky with the location of our camp site, but if you were way in the back, it could take a lot of time to go to camp and back, and I never had very long breaks in my schedule. When it started to get dark, I'd go to my locker and switch out my sunscreen/sunglasses/hat/sandals/backpack for a jacket and maybe pants. It was also nice to be able to leave my backpack with most of the things I'd need in my locker through the whole weekend rather than bringing it back through security each day.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I live in a freezing cold climate 8 months of the year. 12 -15 degrees C at night is comfortable for me. That's about 55-60 degrees F. The most i'll do is put on a light hoodie or a long sleeve shirt for evening.
    ah yes, that explains it. I get cold when it dips below 65F haha

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    When I went, I splurged for the locker because it's not really that much. We were lucky with the location of our camp site, but if you were way in the back, it could take a lot of time to go to camp and back, and I never had very long breaks in my schedule. When it started to get dark, I'd go to my locker and switch out my sunscreen/sunglasses/hat/sandals/backpack for a jacket and maybe pants. It was also nice to be able to leave my backpack with most of the things I'd need in my locker through the whole weekend rather than bringing it back through security each day.
    this year my boyfriend is going with me and I've already volunteered him for my "locker duty" meaning that he can carry all my stuff all day. I'm only half joking
    Last edited by scenicworld; 03-01-2013 at 12:38 PM.
    2012 2013 2014

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    We were lucky with the location of our camp site, but if you were way in the back, it could take a lot of time to go to camp and back, and I never had very long breaks in my schedule.
    I worry about this with Saturday being so stacked. There will be very little down time/pee time/beer time/clothing change time between sets.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

ah yes, that explains it. I get cold when it dips below 65F haha

It is still pretty cold in April where I live so the Palm Springs heat will be soooooo nice. Can't wait!

this year my boyfriend is going with me and I've already volunteered him for my "locker duty" meaning that he can carry all my stuff all day. I'm only half joking
    My daughter has "locker duty" as well as "run back to the campsite duty". She is completely ok with that though since I bought her ticket and carried her in my womb and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    My daughter has "locker duty" as well as "run back to the campsite duty". She is completely ok with that though since I bought her ticket and carried her in my womb and stuff.
    That whole "hey, by the way, you owe me because I birthed you" can go a long way I'm sure.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

She SAYS she ok with it now...
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

good idea, I may have to bring up "run back to campsite duty" with him for the cluster-saturday this year!!
    2012 2013 2014

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    She SAYS she ok with it now...
    She has no problem telling me when she isn't ok with something, which is weird since she is my daughter and all. So I believe it.

My husband used to have backpack duty when he went. My kids are too small/weak to carry shit for too long though. The locker works great for me.

Watch advice please! I seem to be always buying watches, and then breaking them, and then replacing them. Trying to decide between the following for the most recent cycle:

Last edited by Courtney; 03-05-2013 at 12:36 PM.

I like the Kate Spade one.

I prefer the top one.

Are the bands all leather? I like the first one the best. I would never be able to read the last one.

The first one gets my vote. This reminds me that I've wanted a large faced watch with a thin leather strap for a while but I never seem to find any I like.

11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

The Kate Spade one is the sleekest.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I like the bottom one.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

All the bands are leather. Also, I have absolutely massive man wristbones. So I often buy man-sized watches.

I also like the kate spade. I need to buy some watches for me and my daughters.

I stopped wearing watches 'cause I get contact dermatitis once the plating metal wears off, and I can't afford watches that aren't just plated.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    All the bands are leather. Also, I have absolutely massive man wristbones. So I often buy man-sized watches.
    When I wore watches I always bought men's watches for the same reason, back then they didn't sell women's watches in men's size/styles. Now I kind of want a watch again.

Corinna, I find that is true for me too for certain kinds of jewelry. I can't wear earrings made out of most metal alloys because they just end up turning my skin green and/or red and itchy and it's not pretty. Maybe my earlobes sweat a lot or something.

I actually need a watch for Coachella because I usually use my phone to tell time, and my phone battery always runs out if I leave my phone on to check the time.

^My step mom can only wear white or yellow gold earnings. Anything else gives the same reaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

It's funny, I can actually wear cheap earrings and sometimes get away with it. Not always, but the majority of the time. Not sure which metal actually upsets my skin.