Page 573 of 642 FirstFirst ... 568569570571572573574575576577578 ... LastLast
Results 17,161 to 17,190 of 19248

Thread: The Girls Only Thread

Default Re: The Girls Only Thread

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I wash my face in the morning in the shower and apply moisturizer before I put on make-up. I don't wear much make-up, so I never wash at night time even when I do wear lots of make-up. Talk about dark circles under the eyes after a long night of partying. Smudged mascara is sexy, right?
    I like to sleep with my face in the pillow and don't want it to look like
    the Shroud of Turin when I wake up so I have to wash my makeup off.

I really want to try out this tutorial.

I'll have to buy some shadows and liquid eyeliner for it. Thanks for the brand suggestions!
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Not sure if they work or not, never having tried them, but there are actually eyeshadow appliques in patterns like that. I think the brand is EyeEnvy?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Loca, for what you're talking about, and the (un) likelihood that you'd use them again, just go get something at a beauty supply store. A Sally's or better yet (forgive me for this phrase) a black hair/beauty supply store. Should have lots of options. A fall might be a good compromise between combs and a wig (it will be a wider piece with combs all across), but cheap ones also usually look pretty fake. You'd want to do something to disguise the combs. A headband, or something decorative over it, or even pinning up tiny buns/rolls on top of the combs. (I can't find a photo of what I'm trying to describe, but hopefully you know what I mean).

Hard Candy, Godefroy, and Violent Eyes also appear to make the eyeshadow appliques.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by Starraven View Post
    I've tried to do stuff like this, and trust me, it looks nothing like that. I'm guessing my hand is not steady enough.

I've been practicing putting on eyeliner and it's getting a *little* better but it's still a complete crap shoot, sometimes I have to take off all my eye makeup and start again.

That is really cool. I need a makeover.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

adding eyeshadow appliques to my to get list. thainks!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

My current makeup goal is to be able to reasonably execute a drag look, because I shy away from wearing a lot of makeup, and I think I should learn how to slap on a gay whore's worth of face paint.

Yeah I always think I look trampish when I put on eye make up but other sources tell me I don't look trampish enough.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Totally. I look at pictures later and I'm like, huh, I thought I was wearing a lot more. I don't know. What I see in the mirror is clearly nothing like what other people are seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    I've tried to do stuff like this, and trust me, it looks nothing like that. I'm guessing my hand is not steady enough.

I've been practicing putting on eyeliner and it's getting a *little* better but it's still a complete crap shoot, sometimes I have to take off all my eye makeup and start again.
    I have a ton of practice because I also like to do patterns on my nails with using a nail striper. Yes, I definitely had to wipe the whole nail and start all over again but it was fun to learn and I was bored.
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

I bought some silly animal ear headbands to wear to Coachella this year with my kids. I need to come up with more stuff to do like making t-shirts or something. Has anyone else starting buying outfits or fun things for Coachella this year? Are any of you ladies actually going?

I've started picking up a few things here and there. there are some adorable cat ears on boohoo.com that I wanted to pick up, but I have just been looking locally for something cheaper. I picked up a couple tops with the intent of wearing them to coachella, but I'm not sure if I will or not. I did pick up a shawl-kind-of-thing for the cooler evenings but all of you ladies thought I was crazy for even considering it haha.

I also got some led hair extensions, blinkies, and a big giant flower (it's fun to dance with and helps others find me if I hold it up) but I still want to get some other fun things. we have an arts and crafts day coming up soon to make some flower head bands and decorate some masks and some other tapestry stuff for camp too. Jacy will probably be involved with that stuff too.

oh, I don't know if I should be ashamed to admit it or not, but I gave in and bought a spirit hood after coachella last year. wearing my girl friends last year was a lot of fun, so I gave in. don't ridicule me too much for it!!
    2012 2013 2014

On the right person, the spirit hoods can be pretty adorable.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i have yet to meet that person
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

You've met Izzy!

Haha, spirithood. That's great. Do you have a link to the LED hair extensions perchance? Having a craft day sounds like a great idea, actually.

I haven't bought anything yet. We have a group of about 15 of us that love to dress up. Last year I made fur hats (similar to a spirit hoods) for the camp and we wandered around in those. Coachella seems to be sneaking up on me though, and I have not time to make anything this year. I'll probably just but some comfy shoes and some new tank tops.

On that note, I'm looking for tank tops that are on the longer side and more loose fitting. I just want some cheap ones I can buy in a few colors. I've tried forever 21 but those clothes seem to run really small for me. I'm contemplating just buying some guy surfer tanks, but I'm trying to work more feminine style clothing into my wardrobe haha.

any suggestions ladies?

I also picked up that TARDIS hat a few months ago and totally plan to wear that at coachella too. I'm going to wear my geek flag proudly, lol

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    On the right person, the spirit hoods can be pretty adorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i have yet to meet that person
    sadly, I don't think I'm that person, but they are so much fun to wear and to keep your head and neck warm at night and in camp so I don't care if I look ridiculous or not. I'll likely just wear it around camp instead of in the festival for the most part though. besides, I love putting my hands in the pockets and saying rawr to people. haha

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Haha, spirithood. That's great. Do you have a link to the LED hair extensions perchance? Having a craft day sounds like a great idea, actually.
    they have a bunch of colors and I actually purchased from bewild's amazon store so that it was free shipping. but here they are http://www.bewild.com/glowbys.html. they have a lot of fun stuff there

we picked up a bunch of flowers from michaels a few weeks ago and we're using those to decorate around camp. last year we put them in the corners of our canopies and we had some vines around our tent so we're going to add a bit more. we're also using those flowers for the headbands. and so far they are super cute. if my friend Bea would ever get around to posting on these forums more, I'd ask her to send some pics of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterface View Post
    any suggestions ladies?
    here are some great festival fashion links. for some reason I can't find these sections on the main websites, so I'm glad I bookmarked them.

http://us.asos.com/Festival-fashion-...62&r=1&mk=VOID

http://www.boohoo.com/restofworld/co.../festivalshop/
    Last edited by scenicworld; 03-01-2013 at 10:06 AM.
    2012 2013 2014

I found a dress when I was shopping for my birthday party dress. I also bought a couple more bandanas in colors I tend to wear more often so I can match as I am wiping the sweat away.

I plan on focusing more on Coachella after my birthday, we should plan a shopping trip.

Audra, we should! And a craft day, if we can get IFA involved.

Yes, I need a craft day. We will try to plan something tonight at karaoke maybe.

I got my hair done yesterday, I love the color but I wasn't thrilled with her hair cutting abilities. In the future I think I will just have her do the color and then go and have it cut at a salon. Or, since she showed me what to buy and how to mix the stuff I might just start coloring my own hair but with the professional hair coloring stuff they sell at Sally's. I also found the fake hair section at Sally's and shouldn't have any problem finding something to use for my party. So excited.

I don't have plans to dress in anything special for Coachella with anything that glows or lights up or headgear type stuff. For the record I think spirit hoods look like they would be way too hot. I dress as comfortably as possible which usually means jean shorts and a tank top, or a sundress with a hat or bandana. Maybe I'm old and boring I have way more fun when I'm as comfy as possible.
    Last edited by ThatGirl; 03-01-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterface View Post
    I haven't bought anything yet. We have a group of about 15 of us that love to dress up. Last year I made fur hats (similar to a spirit hoods) for the camp and we wandered around in those. Coachella seems to be sneaking up on me though, and I have not time to make anything this year. I'll probably just but some comfy shoes and some new tank tops.

On that note, I'm looking for tank tops that are on the longer side and more loose fitting. I just want some cheap ones I can buy in a few colors. I've tried forever 21 but those clothes seem to run really small for me. I'm contemplating just buying some guy surfer tanks, but I'm trying to work more feminine style clothing into my wardrobe haha.

any suggestions ladies?
    Try Lulu Lemon. High quality, long or flowy styles, and they wick sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

I want to get a skirt with shorts inside this year. i remember seeing one in an Athleta catalog last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I don't have plans to dress in anything special for Coachella with anything that glows or lights up or headgear type stuff. For the record I think spirit hoods look like they would be way too hot. I dress as comfortably as possible which usually means jean shorts and a tank top, or a sundress with a hat or bandana. Maybe I'm old and boring I have way more fun when I'm as comfy as possible.
    I feel the same. I wear maxi dresses because I can stay cool in them and they are super comfortable when sitting on the ground all day, but will also pack jeans in case it's cold again.

I have a couple maxi dresses I might wear. One of them needs to be altered though because the straps are too long.

do you ladies just go back to your hotel/camp spot before 9pm or something? obviously, things like spirit hoods aren't good for the daytime, but I always get cold at night especially while walking around or hanging out in the campgrounds after 1am. maybe I'm just naturally cold?
    2012 2013 2014

I rent a locker and put all my cold weather junk in there.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I want to get a skirt with shorts inside this year. i remember seeing one in an Athleta catalog last year.
    I bought a romper online a couple months ago and quickly learned that they look terrible on me.
    2012 2013 2014