Page 516 of 642 FirstFirst ... 511512513514515516517518519520521 ... LastLast
Results 15,451 to 15,480 of 19248

Thread: The Girls Only Thread

Default Re: The Girls Only Thread

I think in my ideal workplace, I would be allowed to bring my dog to work and have him just chill under my desk in my office. That would make me about 200% more happy, and would also serve as terrific therapy for days when I have a lot of deadlines and am super stressed out and need a good hug.

Also, on the uterus front: apparently I have a "fluffy" endometrial lining. Thanks for all the well-wishes, ladies.

YES, I wish I could have my dog sit under my desk.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

we had a bring your dog to work day. it was really fun. i couldnt bring mine though. she would just bark and barf in the car during the commute.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

I was watching some fish tank show on cable a few weeks ago and they were putting a fish tank in the PetCo corporate offices in San Diego and everyone there had a pet in their cube. There were dogs and cats laying around, they had play areas for them and everyone seemed really happy. It made me want to work for them just so I could take my kitty or have a small pet at work. I used to have a small fish tank in my office at my current place, but they made me take it home since they said it was using electricity (meanwhile, my space heater is totally fine...).
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

I think the main problems would be pet allergies and possible pet bites (or barks). I'm allergic to cats, for instance.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

A good friend of mine started working at livenation recently, and she says that tons of people brings their dogs to work, she loves it. They also have no dress code.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Yea, I've worked places where people were allowed to bring dogs to work (cats is a bit of a stretch, I think), and there were definitely problems with allergies, others' phobias about animals, barking, the occasional nip/bite, and the sweetest most timid chocolate lab who would get scared when people talked loudly and would pee everywhere. Oh, and our security guard's dog that would just stop in the middle of the room and shit on the floor. LOLOL.

We had one customer who brought in his dalmations whenever he needed to sign paperwork, I am pretty sure he trained them to not like women. Any man could walk up and the dogs were fine, but as soon as one of us girls walked by the things would go nuts. Growling, barking and pulling at the leash trying to attack. It was so bizarre.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

That is really weird. Maybe mistreated by a woman? Could there be something else specific to you ladies that the dog is reacting to?

A boardie's dog used to growl and bark at me, and we couldn't figure it out until we noticed that I had been taking my shoes off once I got inside the door (everyone else took theirs off before coming in and I hadn't noticed). I felt better after the dog got really upset with Geno when he did the same, because until then it seemed like the dog had it in for me.

Everyone used to be allowed to bring their pets to the office I work in now, but one day a dog peed on the floor in front of the elevator and someone got grossed out and complained. Now no one can bring their dogs to work anymore. At my previous job, people brought all their pets to work. It was mostly dogs, but there was a lizard as well as a hamster who rolled around the office in this little ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Office hamster! How awesome. I think about how I want to bring my dog to work.. then i just get sad that I cant.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

I used to work in a business centre that was pet friendly, had weekly visits in office from a Massage Therapist, underground heated free parking (high value in cold weather), and back door access to the best pub in town. I miss those days.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Everyone used to be allowed to bring their pets to the office I work in now, but one day a dog peed on the floor in front of the elevator and someone got grossed out and complained. Now no one can bring their dogs to work anymore. At my previous job, people brought all their pets to work. It was mostly dogs, but there was a lizard as well as a hamster who rolled around the office in this little ball.
    AHHH the hamster would be so awesome.

There's a hardware store in near my house that has cats living in it. An awesome vintage clothing store near me that my girlfriend loves also has a cat living in it. i love shop cats.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Just to be clear, I let the dads work from home too. Most of them have wives who have to return back to work after a month or two, and it seems like at that point, they are needed more than ever at home.

You are right that something always has to give, but I'd hope that more employers are seeing that it doesn't really benefit them to be inflexible and to force both women and men to choose between doing OK at their job and doing OK by their family. Obviously it depends a lot on the nature of the work, but I think there are a lot of jobs where a person could be offered slightly different hours, or a split shift, or to work fewer/longer days per week, or working from home sometimes. Most of those adaptations don't cost the company anything. I guess I'm really lucky that the company allows us to be flexible. I think the more difficult you make if for someone to do well with both job and family life, the less likely you are to earn their loyalty and best efforts.
    recall reading a study where it was shown that those who work at home often put in more hours there than than would in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by HowToDisappear View Post
    When my twins were three and I was pregnant with my youngest, I was working for an attorney service. I left for work before they woke up, and returned late in the evening. I saw them for maybe and hour and a half a day. One night I was putting them to bed, and one burst into tears and cried, "please, Mama, don't be gone in the morning!" And I couldn't stand it. Because what was I doing, having children only to never see them? So I quit my job, and stayed home through the birth of my youngest and until she was a year and a half old. (I stayed home for 20 months after my SURPRISE! twins were born; that was unintentional, though, I'd intended to go back after 8 weeks when I thought I was only having one, hah.) Surviving on one income was horrendous. But at least I had the opportunity to do it. So yeah, no one can have it all. Choices have to be made.
    our neighbors both work, but in talking to them the amount they have to spend to put their 2 kids in daycare mean that most of one of the incomes is going to that. not sure why common sense doesn't tell them that the net benefit of both of them working is pretty much worthless monetarily, but that if dad was home with the kids all day the benefits to the kids would be exponential. i think the dad is just a pussy and can't handle it. even on his days off, and when he was out of work and home all day, his wife has to come home and cook dinner. he has not done so once in their 10+ years together. i asked him if he had a specific pan i could borrow to make meatloaf and he didn't even know what it looked like, well what the fuck does meatloaf look like, dummy? this guy is in his 40's.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    a hamster who rolled around the office in this little ball.

ERMAHGAWD

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    our neighbors both work, but in talking to them the amount they have to spend to put their 2 kids in daycare mean that most of one of the incomes is going to that. not sure why common sense doesn't tell them that the net benefit of both of them working is pretty much worthless monetarily, but that if dad was home with the kids all day the benefits to the kids would be exponential. i think the dad is just a pussy and can't handle it. even on his days off, and when he was out of work and home all day, his wife has to come home and cook dinner. he has not done so once in their 10+ years together. i asked him if he had a specific pan i could borrow to make meatloaf and he didn't even know what it looked like, well what the fuck does meatloaf look like, dummy? this guy is in his 40's.
    We had an agreement before we married that we would never have latchkey kids. None of them was ever placed in daycare (thus the opposite schedules). Day care for infant twins would have wiped out my income, so yeah, what's the point? Dads like you and my husband are what allow this to work. As evidenced by your neighbor, some women don't have it so lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Hollllly shitttt.

My friends' band is playing tonight with the band fronted by this dude on Tumblr I have a crush on. (The guy who sends me cool packages of zines and stuff.) They confirmed that, in addition to being a real person, he is as attractive as I thought he looked in pictures -- if not more. Apparently, he asked if they knew me.

Making them be my wingwomen by proxy since he is coming to LA in August with his band. Ladies, always helping each other out. Girl power, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    Hollllly shitttt.

My friends' band is playing tonight with the band fronted by this dude on Tumblr I have a crush on. (The guy who sends me cool packages of zines and stuff.) They confirmed that, in addition to being a real person, he is as attractive as I thought he looked in pictures -- if not more. Apparently, he asked if they knew me.

Making them be my wingwomen by proxy since he is coming to LA in August with his band. Ladies, always helping each other out. Girl power, etc.
    Ok so what happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I used to work in a business centre that was pet friendly, had weekly visits in office from a Massage Therapist, underground heated free parking (high value in cold weather), and back door access to the best pub in town. I miss those days.
    That sounds fantastic. I used to work at the Getty in LA, and we had a staff gym, massage therapist once per week, espresso cart, staff kitchens stocked with green tea as well as coffee and black tea, and the most gorgeously designed desks and $1200 office chairs. It ruled. I was very, very foolish to leave that job.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    AHHH the hamster would be so awesome.

There's a hardware store in near my house that has cats living in it. An awesome vintage clothing store near me that my girlfriend loves also has a cat living in it. i love shop cats.
    YESSS shop cats are the best.

And, my biopsy results came back normal, so all is well on my uterus front. I just have a hormonal imbalance probably caused by extreme stress from moving, so they put me on hormonal birth control. For the first time in months, I woke up at my 6am alarm clock (I set my alarm for 6, 6:30, 7, and 7:30 just in case because I have such a hard time waking up), and I don't even feel tired. YESSSS.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

good news on the uterus! way to go

HEALTH: i've pretty much avoided starting that femara/letrizole medication. i had what i would call a nervous breakdown for a few days and just looking at the bottle makes me cry. i have an appointment with my doctor monday and will discuss with her my concerns, along with my mayo clinic visit on 7/12. it's so close! i still have so much documentation to collect!

CATS: i know this isn't really related to "girls", but i saw people talking about pets. i've been considering taking my family's pet cat tiggy. she's around 17 years old. no known health issues. she's a great cat and has the softest fur ever. since my mom moved to lake powell and my dad travels every weekend, i think she's lonely. plus my dad doesn't love on her like i do. she wouldn't bite up my shit or go crazy scratching everything. she does vomit frequently (hairballs) and her hair gets matted a lot so i'd have to cut that. and of course there are all the fees associated with pets at my apartment complex. at least the carpet is already shitty.

but would moving be a culture shock for this cat i wonder? would it disorient her or potentially increase the speed at which she dies? i know she can't have much time left. she's never lived anywhere but my parents. i think i'm at a point in my life where i'm home more than they are at least and i'm constantly relaxing and could snuggle with her. i just want to make sure she'd be happy. any thoughts are welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Well I'm no expert, but I don't think it should be a big deal provided the cat's in good health and doesn't have a nervous personality. If she knows you and feels safe with you, it sounds like she will have better company at your place than your parents could give her right now. Plus -- as she starts to get up there in years, it would be good to have her someplace where there is someone to check in on her most days, in case any issues do start to come up.

i guess that's the other thing. i have a fairly old-fashioned view on pets and am a cheap bastard. i'm not sure how much money i'd put into veterinary care before just letting her go. that may sound horrible, but i've never understood people whose cats are like hospital patients. i'm not saying if the cat gets sick i'll kill her, i'm just not exactly sure where i draw the line on what kind of care i'm willing to provide.

Good news Courtney! Glad it's nothing serious.

Ivy, I think the cat should be fine, but just make sure you keep her in the apartment for a few days, if not she might try to escape an unfamiliar environment. When I was little we had a family cat and when we moved I was responsible for bringing her into the new house, she jumped out of my hands and made a run for it. We tried to find her with no luck, I was completely heart broken, it was all my fault. The cat eventually found his way the 5 miles to our old house, we knew the person who moved in after us and she ended up keeping the cat since it had traveled such a distance just to get back home.

yeah, i was thinking i'd take her over a weekend when i have no plans to leave town and can be at home. i've also heard with dogs it helps do do things like go outside and then come back in so they understand when you go out the door, you're not gone forever.

Seriously guys? you have two heads but only half a brain!! it's never OK to call a girl a cunt. I don't care if you're joking around or not -- and you NEVER call your girlfriend a cunt. EVER. at least not if you want her to continue being your girlfriend. /rant

Courtney, that's great news on the uterus front! hopefully this morning's sleep success is something that continues!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Did you kick him in the dick?

I hate that word, there are very few women I have met in the world who I have ever used that word on.

it was over IM so I wasn't able to kick him in the dick just yet. that might make me feel better though.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Beth, what post are you responding to? I am so confused.