Page 507 of 642 FirstFirst ... 502503504505506507508509510511512 ... LastLast
Results 15,181 to 15,210 of 19248

Thread: The Girls Only Thread

Default Re: The Girls Only Thread

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    where can i buy a clothes hamper that you have to physically open and close rather than something my stupid cat can jump into and pee? i already tried target.
    (yes already took him to the vet.. i think he is just an asshole cat).
    Amazon.com
    Overstock.com
    Linens n Things (If you sign up for their email, you get a $15 off $75. They also have 20% off online with free shipping)
    Marshalls
    Ross

edit: if you don't want to sign up for Linens n Things email subscription, I can give you my coupon code since I won't be using it.
    Last edited by Robin; 06-01-2012 at 07:28 AM.

I have a tall wicker hamper that I believe I got at the Container Store. It has a lid that lifts up. Though a cat could probably just piss *through* it if it wanted to be an asshole....

i ordered a wicker one from amazon along with some enzyme odor eliminator. and i guess ill be doing laundry tonight. i will put tin foil over the top of it. see if asshole will go on that. ha.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

where can i buy a clothes hamper that you have to physically open and close rather than something my stupid cat can jump into and pee? i already tried target.
    I had a cat who loved to pee on piles of clothes. I never understood it. Now thinking back maybe its from when they were little and being kept in blankets and peeing in them while they were so little. Maybe some cats never were able to get the idea of peeing in litter..
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I haven't tried chemical peels yet, but I'm very interested in them. I've had photo facials in the past, and they work VERY well for evening skin tone, but they are extremely expensive. My aesthetician says it's best to get a microdermabrasion treatment or two prior to a chemical peel or photofacial for best results.

Well I decided to try a chemical peel. It says it is good to wash with a glycolic acid face wash for 2 weeks first, I am going to do that and then try the peel.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

My older cat will pee on clothes/blankets if she really mad. My younger cat will pee on the carpet if she's really scared.
    It sucks because the older cat is usually mad at the younger cat, which makes the younger cat scared.

The peels scare me.. my skin is so sensitive that even facials sometimes leave me extremely red. I tried a new aesthetician last time, thought she did a great job and she sort of discouraged me away from peels and such, saying my skin would fry under the chemicals.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    Well I decided to try a chemical peel. It says it is good to wash with a glycolic acid face wash for 2 weeks first, I am going to do that and then try the peel.
    please let me know how you like it!! I've really wanted to try it, but haven't been able to find a good few days where I wouldn't mind having blotchy skin. the face wash me help with the burn, too.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    The peels scare me.. my skin is so sensitive that even facials sometimes leave me extremely red. I tried a new aesthetician last time, thought she did a great job and she sort of discouraged me away from peels and such, saying my skin would fry under the chemicals.
    it depends on the chemicals being used. If it's a AHA or BHA (acid) peel they aren't as effective. they are actually quite mild and they tend to not be as good for removing things like scars or blotches, but they are great at evening out oily and dry areas and minor pigment issues. a Phenol peel is better with removing blotches and scars but they also tend to give you a nasty chemical burn/rash for a few days while the skin heels.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

my two cats are indoor/outdoor cats and for years they would potty outside which was really nice and easy. one day a dog got into my backyard and terrified my older cat so he doesn't go outside at all anymore and I had to set up a litter box for him. since he's older he has a little trouble going sometimes due to kidney stones and he always makes a huge mess spreading the litter all around the litter box. if his litterbox isn't clean or full enough he always makes a point to let me know by peeing on my floor or laundry. He's even peed on my bed when he's in a really asshole mood or when I've been away for a couple nights.

so yeah, cats can be assholes but if I do my part in keeping the litter box clean he's usually not as much as an asshole.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    I taught Lilia over tinychat already, as she was the only one who got materials. I can do another round at some point if anybody else does.
    I sucked about this. I'm sorry Hannah.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    I have a tall wicker hamper that I believe I got at the Container Store. It has a lid that lifts up. Though a cat could probably just piss *through* it if it wanted to be an asshole....
    I was also going to suggest The Container Store. That place is like my mecca.

i have never seen a container store. just looked up. nearest location I would not go to unless someone picked me up and drove me there. next closest is pasadena.. meh.

I just watched Facebook COO Sheryl Sanderg's commencement speech for Harvard Business School. It has a lot of good stuff in it, but perhaps most notable for me is what she said about the small number of women in the top levels of business:

"We will not close the leadership gap until we close the professional ambition gap."

People often talk about how difficult it is for women to make it to the top due to old boys networks, biological timing and the constraints of having a family, and the double-standards that women face when it comes to workplace professionalism. However, rarely do people address the ambition factor. It's probably because it seems distinctly unfeminist to say that women aren't CEOs, COOs and CFOs because they don't want to be CEOs, COOs and CFOs as badly as men. In some cases, women are self-selecting lower paying, lower responsibility and lower prestige jobs. It's not a popular thing to admit, but I think it's tremendously relevant.

i ordered a wicker one from amazon along with some enzyme odor eliminator. and i guess ill be doing laundry tonight. i will put tin foil over the top of it. see if asshole will go on that. ha.
    Natures miracle works great on cat piss, available at all pet stores and usually target type places, if you don't want to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    I had a cat who loved to pee on piles of clothes. I never understood it. Now thinking back maybe its from when they were little and being kept in blankets and peeing in them while they were so little. Maybe some cats never were able to get the idea of peeing in litter..
    No, cats do it because they are assholes. They are trying to tell you something.

i drenched what natures miracle i had left on my laundry then put in trash bag and hung it. I have that waiting for me when i get home. i have never been that impressed with natures miracle though. its a miracle i still buy it. i picked another brand on amazon to try.

Hmm, that's weird. Do you use the plain stuff or the one with orange oil? We were dealing with an old cat that was peeing daily in closets and clothes and it worked like a charm.

whatever the big gallon container was. white container.

Thanks for reminding me why we don't need a cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Reading this thread today makes me wonder why we put up with our cats' antics.

My older cat usually hogs my bed at night, and I let her.

My dogs pee on a floor in spots sometimes, but they NEVER pee on laundry. That's just awful. They'd rather snuggle up with laundry and perhaps chew on it a little.

I admit I've been browsing laundry hampers on the containerstore.com for the past hour or so.

i have never seen a container store. just looked up. nearest location I would not go to unless someone picked me up and drove me there. next closest is pasadena.. meh.
    The Container Store in Pasadena is dumb because they don't have parking so you have to valet it on the weekends or something and then there's a guy to help you load up your purchases curbside but it's a huge annoyance given old town Pasadena weekend clusterfuckery.

The store in Phoenix is pretty far from me, but I might make that trip. Hmm, I'm driving to Sedona tomorrow, so maybe I could hit it up on the way back. I'm craving new hampers! I could also use some of those fabric boxes you put in dresser to sort clothes. I love those things for socks; I could use more for underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Reading this thread today makes me wonder why we put up with our cats' antics.

My older cat usually hogs my bed at night, and I let her.
    Our big cat does that, too. Won't take no for an answer even if he is kicked off the bed dozens of times. A little over a year ago we had 5 cats, now down to 2 after one got hit by a car, one put to sleep due to old age, and the third given to another family member. We are good with two now. Although I am about to lose it at night with the damn licking in a silent house. Worst sound in the world.

i drenched what natures miracle i had left on my laundry then put in trash bag and hung it. I have that waiting for me when i get home. i have never been that impressed with natures miracle though. its a miracle i still buy it. i picked another brand on amazon to try.
    It sounds weird, but if it's a recurring problem, try sprinkling a little cayenne pepper on the lid of the hamper. We have a cat that would inexplicably spray on one isolated section of the wall. We tried all kinds of stuff that didn't work, but as soon as we put a little cayenne pepper on the baseboard (suggested by a friend at work), problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I just watched Facebook COO Sheryl Sanderg's commencement speech for Harvard Business School. It has a lot of good stuff in it, but perhaps most notable for me is what she said about the small number of women in the top levels of business:

"We will not close the leadership gap until we close the professional ambition gap."

People often talk about how difficult it is for women to make it to the top due to old boys networks, biological timing and the constraints of having a family, and the double-standards that women face when it comes to workplace professionalism. However, rarely do people address the ambition factor. It's probably because it seems distinctly unfeminist to say that women aren't CEOs, COOs and CFOs because they don't want to be CEOs, COOs and CFOs as badly as men. In some cases, women are self-selecting lower paying, lower responsibility and lower prestige jobs. It's not a popular thing to admit, but I think it's tremendously relevant.
    I think it has a lot to do with the psychology of men v women. A man's sense of self is very deeply tied to what he does for a living - he is what he does. For a woman who she is and what she does are often two very distinct things, and deliberately so. I saw an interesting news piece where they interviewed two women who had once been the CEOs of major multinational corporations, who both quit 5-7 years into their tenures. They both fully admitted that no man they knew who had ascended to such a position would ever do that. They hated working 100+ hours a week, never seeing their husbands or their children, never taking a vacation. For them, the power, prestige and money were not worth the trade off. The male CEO's don't care about never seeing the family, etc. It's all about getting there and staying there.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

my hamper is just a basket. so when my one with a lid arrives next week.. ill start right off with some pepper on top.

I had one of those, asshole cats, he used to get into my laundry and chew spaghetti straps or drawstrings off of my clothes. Then later after being pissed about my ruined clothes, I would also have the pleasure of scooping out strands of cat poop connected by those strings/straps.

I ended up getting a combo hamper/storage shelf thing from JC Penney. That kept him out!
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    I taught Lilia over tinychat already, as she was the only one who got materials. I can do another round at some point if anybody else does.
    She showed me some stuff she's made since you taught her and it all looks really cool! She made things that look expensive and professionally done. Your teaching really worked!

Ivy, I like Girls better now. I think they're starting to find their groove and writing the characters better than in the past. Are you still keeping up with it? I haven't watched yesterday's episode yet but I plan on watching it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

I'm sorry, Hannah, I also meant to join the tinychat sessions, but I've been swamped and now won't really be online for a month. Hoping you do another round sometime later in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    She showed me some stuff she's made since you taught her and it all looks really cool! She made things that look expensive and professionally done. Your teaching really worked!

Ivy, I like Girls better now. I think they're starting to find their groove and writing the characters better than in the past. Are you still keeping up with it? I haven't watched yesterday's episode yet but I plan on watching it tonight.

I have Girls recorded as well, been watching it faithfully and can't wait to see the episode.. it's been great that they have changed up who is writing between Lena and Judd Apatow and also swapping out different directors too. I'm also strangely attracted to Adam now.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.